Can't get my friends to buy this game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vengeance.3509

vengeance.3509

While I think the game itself is fantastic, I just can’t get my friends to play because they prefer league of legends and CoC and all these casual kitten. They also say this game is “dead”, even though I find all the server population are medium to high.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Guild Wars 2 is a lot more “casual” than League of Legends, lol.

If they don’t like the game, there’s not much you can do about it. If you think they have the wrong impression, just show them what you like about the game and what it’s like to play it.

Posted by: vengeance.3509

vengeance.3509

Guild Wars 2 is a lot more “casual” than League of Legends, lol.

If they don’t like the game, there’s not much you can do about it. If you think they have the wrong impression, just show them what you like about the game and what it’s like to play it.

Who exactly do I play with in the mean-time

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

A lot of my friends quit the game shortly after launch but i continued on by myself and i’m happy i did. My best suggestion is to find a guild that suits your timezone and personality there are so many awesome people playing this game i bet you make new friends to play the game with really fast. It’s also good to have TS3 / Mumble as most guild use voice comm’s.

a good place to start is,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor

and try out a few different guilds till you find one that you like

Good luck!!

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

If they don’t like gw2 they don’t like gw2. You can’t force something upon them that they don’t like, and if you do you could appear like an kitten. Try finding a guild and/or make new friends who are already in-game.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: pandas.9450

pandas.9450

Join a guild or cry in the corner? Try looking here or on the reddit or ingame

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

People outside the GW2 community have the impression that GW2 is dead because it’s almost 3 years old, and other communities (pretty much WoW and every other MMO) love to host at least 1 GW2 thread on their forums touting how much they hate GW2 and why they quit. Basically a bunch of non-GW2 players trash talking about a game they never liked in the first place, probably never played, and are going off information from September 2012 before any of the countless additions to the game were made.

There’s also a massive number of former GW2 players that tried the game at release and quit about a month later because it just wasn’t for them. Those people didn’t just vanish, and they probably still hold their negative opinion on the game and love to spout it whenever the topic comes up.

My advice is ignore those people. They have bad information at best, and at worst the game simply isn’t their cup of tea and they refuse to get over it.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

casual….but gw2 is casual too…

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I have actually lost friends over LoL. When I say lost, I mean that I never see them anymore, because I dislike that game style so much, and they apparently dislike GW2 so much, that we no longer have enough in common that they want to spend time with me.

That, and I put LoL down so much I think they just got tired of me. :/

Oh well, GW2 is my friend now. #foreveralone

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)