Can't see anything - too much glare & flash

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Greetings blade brothers and sisters :-)

Am I the only one that find most boss fights, specially in dungeons, unnecessary annoying and difficult due to poor visibility? There are just too much glare and flash.
Eg.: we were fighting Subject Alpha in CoE, and there were so much flashy effects and solid colorful “pollution”, that we couldn’t see anything. It shouldn’t be like that. You should be able to see all players’ and npc’s movements at any time.
There should be an option to decrease the amount of glare.

Cheers

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Too many names ect—when fight stops they should auto turn off or give us an ingame option to do so if we ant to.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Try turning post processing off

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

Where did you get this crazy idea from? I find everything crystal clear, and every detail is an exposé of exquisite art!

Attachments:

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

What are you missing out on? You set skill 1 to auto attack and then hit 2-5 on recharge.

Posted by: Downfall.2671

Downfall.2671

I totally agree with the OP. The difficulty in this game comes from one-shot-mechanics that are hard to dodge because the mob that is doing them is invisible. (Oh, and the difficulty also comes from lag on everything that isn’t a higher end intel CPU. First frame: Boss preparing its attack, if you dodge now your dodge will be too early. Second frame: you’re dead)

(edited by Downfall.2671)

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Nothing’s dumber design than a game built around 1-shot mechanics whose animation is obscured by effects. It’s already bad enough that 1-shot animations are often the exact same as piddly damage animations.