Can't use Chalice of Glory, why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rassase.7943

Rassase.7943

I got deluxe edition on 50 % sale today, but can’t use chalice of glory, “That content have been temporarly disabled. Please try again later.”

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

It was mistakenly giving out glory instead of rank points. They’ve likely disabled it to fix it. I’d just wait.

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

I believe there was a bug with it giving Glory instead of PVP ranks. Since Glory was removed, this was a mistake. They are likely fixing it so it gives PVP ranks as intended.

Posted by: Rassase.7943

Rassase.7943

ok, thanks for quick response!

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I have the same problem. It says, “This content has been temporarily disabled” when you attempt to use it.

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

There is currently a bug affecting the Chalice of Glory. This item is found as a part of the Digital Deluxe Edition and the Digital Deluxe Upgrade. The issue is that this item is incorrectly granting 5000 Glory Points instead of 5000 Rank Points. We have temporarily disabled the use of the Chalice of Glory while we investigate a fix for this bug.

Thanks for your understanding, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Oh. I got 5000 Glory points when I used mine like a month or so ago. Should I have gotten Rank points as well?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wait… so you could spend 1000 euros/dollars for gems
and then get 400.000 rank points which equals r45
without EVER playing a single pvp game^^

(50 euro = 4000 gems = 4x chalice of rank points (cause atm it’s on sale) = 20.000 rank points)

now in case you have rich parents/are rich yourself and you can spend 10k on the gemshop then you get rank 225 (r70+ with old system)for pvp without doing anything in pvp?^^

i thought at least pvp rank was something you couldnt buy :/

my calculations for the ranks were based on this chart https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/143743/sPvP_Rank.jpg
for the new system after feature patch
(i dont know if it is correct but even if not you still get very high ranks considering that you dont ever actually need to play pvp for it xD)

solution:
dont make it possible to buy the deluxe upgrade more than once per account ^^

edit: i just thought so since i bought the deluxe version when i bought gw2 and yet i have the option to buy the upgrade ..

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Could you upgrade your account more than once? I wouldn’t have thought it possible.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I don’t think it’s possible to “upgrade” your account multiple times to begin with. Therefore, there is no problem with it.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

(50 euro = 4000 gems = 4x chalice of rank points (cause atm it’s on sale) = 20.000 rank points)

now in case you have rich parents/are rich yourself and you can spend 10k on the gemshop then you get rank 225 (r70+ with old system)for pvp without doing anything in pvp?^^

my calculations for the ranks were based on this chart https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/143743/sPvP_Rank.jpg
(i dont know if it is correct but even if not you still get very high ranks considering that you dont ever actually need to play pvp for it xD)

solution:

edit: i just thought so since i bought the deluxe version when i bought gw2 and yet i have the option to buy the upgrade ..

it seems bad because you dont know the kitten you are talking about.

1. you can only get the items once.
2. assuming 1 is not true in fantasyland why would you sped8 that much on gaining pvp rank, even when it comes with only finishers?
3. in conclusion, ignorance is not an excuse in the real sorld.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

solution:

it seems bad because you dont know the kitten you are talking about.

1. you can only get the items once.
2. assuming 1 is not true in fantasyland why would you sped8 that much on gaining pvp rank, even when it comes with only finishers?
3. in conclusion, ignorance is not an excuse in the real sorld.

relax dude …no need to be so offensive ^^

was more of a fun calculation of what could be possible
since the thought of reaching r70 without ever playing spvp was funny

and about your 1. :
like i wrote i wasnt sure if the upgrade is buyable just once or more often since i could buy the upgrade even though i had deluxe version already…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1