Can we Pre-purchase PoF for friends?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

As per the title, I’d like to pre-order someone the expansion, can I do this online? It asks me to login so I feel like it is going to just apply the purchase to my account automatically, whereas previously it supplied the serial number I could give to a friend to apply.

Also, is there a way to increase the number of additional items I can purchase through the checkout? I mean the BLKeys, the Additional Bag Slots etc? There does not seem to be a quantity box to change, not that I can see anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

When I purchased PoF, it gave me a code that I had to apply. And yes, I had already logged in. Still had to copy the code over and use it.

It may matter that I did it outside of being logged into the game, though.

If you’re really unsure, just get them a Visa gift card for the amount of whichever version you want to buy for them, and let them make the actual purchase.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

When I purchased PoF, it gave me a code that I had to apply. And yes, I had already logged in. Still had to copy the code over and use it.

It may matter that I did it outside of being logged into the game, though.

If you’re really unsure, just get them a Visa gift card for the amount of whichever version you want to buy for them, and let them make the actual purchase.

If you go this route, make sure to take into account for taxes if they are the type to buy things online. The Ultimate version may be $79.99, but if you add tax, it goes over $80 so if you only had put $80 on the card, they wouldn’t be able to use that card to buy it.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So, you can buy online as a gift for someone. I just bought multiple copies to give away and you get this text at confirmation.

“If any of your purchases are gifts, please include the following instructions along with the serial code(s).

Next Steps:

Go to account.arena.net
Follow the instructions to redeem your serial code(s)"

So yeah, sweet! Happy with that!

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

A friend and I bought HoT this way for another friend of ours last year. Works great.