Can we at least keep our HoT weapons please?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

I think its a terrible idea to have weapons bounded by the elite specs. For example, I enjoy having the option to use a greatsword on a necromancer, regardless of what people think of it. Giving up reaper shroud for the new elite spec is an acceptable trade, after all elite specs are about bringing a twist to the profession.

But seeing how a majority of necromancers weapon skills are either not good or outright boring cough staff it’ll be sad to lose a unique move set which again, can be debated on its usefulness, but at least it was unique. The same goes for the other classes. Let warriors keep torches but lose berserk mode, rangers keep staff and lose druid, etc.

“But by the time the 7th expansion comes, every class will be able to wield every weapon!”

I only think that would be an issue if every weapon had the same weapon skills and too similar of animations.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Making the weapons tied to the elite spec gives a greater sense of devotion to your choice and makes your choices impactful mechanically.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

The whole point is to take something away to give you something new. If they allowed you to keep things then you would have even more power creep than usual.

Like, I don’t want to give up overloads on my Ele, but that’s the cookie.

Also, PoF is separate from HoT, so it can’t “depend” on anything from it, so although you will see individual Core, HoT, and PoF players, a single player cannot mix builds from these multiple game versions except for stats on items.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

The whole point is to take something away to give you something new. If they allowed you to keep things then you would have even more power creep than usual.

Like, I don’t want to give up overloads on my Ele, but that’s the cookie.

Also, PoF is separate from HoT, so it can’t “depend” on anything from it, so although you will see individual Core, HoT, and PoF players, a single player cannot mix builds from these multiple game versions except for stats on items.

I understand that, but the fact is you have to sacrifice EVERYTHING. Not just overloads, you lose warhorns and shouts too. It makes sense to have to lose a majority of things, but I’m merely asking for the weapon. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fact that you have to “devote yourself” to an elite spec means that you have to follow a line that goes one direction 95%, and only splits up into multiple choices at the last 5% of the line. If we could at least keep our weapons, and I do mean only the weapons, not the specs or the unique function or skills that come with it, the line is dedicated to at least 15% more room for multiple options.

Fun fact: Power creeps will exist no matter what. At least with this option you have more of a variety.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Fun fact: Power creeps will exist no matter what. At least with this option you have more of a variety.

It’s too much to try to balance, too many variables. Won’t happen.