Can we gather on mounts?

Can we gather on mounts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I would love it if we’re able to gather on mounts, it would be very annoying to have to keep mounting/dismounting to gather resources. If we can’t do that, is there any chance making that possible?

Can we gather on mounts?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It sounds as if we’ll have to dismount to interact with any NPCs, so I think it’s a good bet we’ll have to dismount to gather as well.

And honestly… if you walk your giant bunny/kangaroo rat up to a bunch of carrots, do you really think it’s going to leave them alone while you try to lean down and harvest them? Or is it going to eat them itself?

For some things, you’ll simply want to leave the mounts behind.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Can we gather on mounts?

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Perhaps electing to gather will automatically cause a dismount or mount stow?

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Can we gather on mounts?

Posted by: kadosis.3047

kadosis.3047

Honestly if you see the gameplay footage there is no cast time at all while summoning the mount and you can start moving before the summon is completed. Dismounting and remounting looks so fluent so I seems just a matter of pressing a button before moving again. These are not your generic mounts that it feels punishing to get dismounted

Can we gather on mounts?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I would love it if we’re able to gather on mounts

Highly unlikely, as you can’t seem to do anything on mounts other than riding them.

Can we gather on mounts?

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I would love it if we’re able to gather on mounts

Highly unlikely, as you can’t seem to do anything on mounts other than riding them.

That’s a real shame, i love how Lotro not only allows u to gather resources mounted, but also you can right click on the nodes as long as they’re visible on the map and your mount moves right up to the node and u start gathering all with just one click. Saves u tons of clicking and preserves your hand health.

There’s is way too much clicking in gw2 and my hands hurt playing this game. Clicking whilst gathering could be reduced greatly and being able to do it while mounted would be awesome.
On another note, I see they added a single channeling animation to gathering with the new Unbound magic tools, hopefully they’ll do the same for all the gathering tools.