Can we get AOE priorities?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UncleSwag.7930

UncleSwag.7930

After i decided to make an Ele boon build awhile back, i couldn’t help but notice that my blasts rarely went into my own fields during large group combat. So here’s what i’m wondering…

Is it possible to get a feature that allows the player to prioritise some AOE types?

If that’s not possible, what about prioritising the player’s (your) AOE over other people’s?

I’d like to know because i get salty when i’m trying to might stack for people and I waste my blasts for weakness.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I wish they would do this. Have it like boon share, where field priorities would be: the player’s → allies → NPCs.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

UncleSwag.7930

I wish they would do this. Have it like boon share, where field priorities would be: the player’s -> allies -> NPCs.

Yes! If that were a toggle-able option, that’d be amazing. The only option i could see being an issue is if you have a guardian in your party and a warrior; how will it decide whether to use the light or the fire field?

This could also fix the problem that people have been having with guardian’s retal in fractals. :s

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

The combo field dropped first is the one that it will combo off of. That’s how it’s always been.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I support this.
+1

NSPride <3

UncleSwag.7930

The combo field dropped first is the one that it will combo off of. That’s how it’s always been.

Indeed. I’ve been using “Persisting Flames” Grandmaster to get the duration on the fields so i can blast them, otherwise Necro’s minions will leave 4 second long poison fields that are up a ton.

I’m lazy and don’t want to wait 2-4 seconds to blast my fields ¯\(?)

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Understood, but that doesn’t solve the problem. Can you tell which one is down first without field generating player calling it out (and hoping it’s in sequence given VoiP lag)?

We’re not talking about the trivial situation of a single field on the ground.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”