Can we get Twisted Marionette back?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Can we get Twisted Marionette meta event back in the line up please?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s part of Living Story Season One so very unlikely.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

For as much fun as she was… I seriously doubt her return. Not unless they decide to resurrect Scarlet Briar in the future, which is always a consistent fear that I have.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

Given that the Vinewrath in the Silverwastes is essentially a better-balanced version of the same boss mechanics, I highly doubt Marionette will come back.

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I hope it will and hope it won’t at the same time. Let me explain:
It was by far the best content that has ever been added to the game imo, absolutely incredible boss mechanics and really did feel like it was a fight to save tyria, no exaggeration at all, I couldn’t fault it.
However I hope it doesn’t return because it will lose that feel of importance to the future of tyria and it may turn out to not be as challenging with more people now knowing what to do because of vinewrath (which doesn’t do marionette justice imo) and I would hate to see it become farm status like teq is now, I want to remember it as a truly challenging and fun boss, not something I just farm for rewards.
As far as it actually coming back goes, I doubt it will, but if it does it would be good if it returned as a fractal in some form.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Zealot recipes are ludicrously overpriced and so I second bringing it back, or at least an event with similar drops.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Maybe as a boss fractal, like some other season 1 things have been?

idk how you’d balance it for just 5 players though….

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There are only 2 ways to have it return that make any sense to me;

- A fractal raid instance. It would need tweaking for a different group size though.

- Someone (prob the inquest) got their hands on Scarlet’s tech and resurrected it. It would be identical to the original in every way, minus Scarlet and the Breachmaker. Obviously it would need to be powered by a diff source other than the Breachmaker

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

There’s a red post on these forums saying that it is coming back as a guild spawned world event.

So that’s pretty much a confirmation. Of course the specific details of when and how it comes back are up in the air.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There’s a red post on these forums saying that it is coming back as a guild spawned world event.

So that’s pretty much a confirmation. Of course the specific details of when and how it comes back are up in the air.

There is? Have you got a link?

Ayrilana.1396

There is? Have you got a link?

I have my doubts about it. You’d think it would come up easily when searching for it or it’d be all over reddit.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

For as much fun as she was… I seriously doubt her return. Not unless they decide to resurrect Scarlet Briar in the future, which is always a consistent fear that I have.

Lol, she´s a Sylvari, maybe she is just lurking behind the walls of HoT, waiting for you to pound you in the dirt again? With OPEN WORLD EVENTS, VANISHING TO THE NEXT OPEN WORLD EVENT BEFORE YOU CAT CATCH HER???? What to do then?^^

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

Marionette fight was super cool.
My only suggestion to make it even better would be to make it so that successful platform groups that finish quick should be able to walk over and help adjacent platform groups after they are done with theirs.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Marionette fight was super cool.
My only suggestion to make it even better would be to make it so that successful platform groups that finish quick should be able to walk over and help adjacent platform groups after they are done with theirs.

Yeah, that was pretty much the only non-population-related problem that fight had.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

The marionette’s wreckage is still where the fight was. I doubt it would come back.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

You can have it as a fractal if you vote for Evon Gnashblade in next years elections!

Ayrilana.1396

You can have it as a fractal if you vote for Evon Gnashblade in next years elections!

Yeah and his rival will offer lower WP costs for a month again.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

fractals arent the same as open world events. cant replace that with a 5 man dungeon.

Ayrilana.1396

fractals arent the same as open world events. cant replace that with a 5 man dungeon.

One thing that was brought up well over a year ago was that they could convert it to a fractal by making it like a gauntlet. They fight the boss in five phases with each phase being one of the five versions of the fight.