Can we get World PvP?

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MistaMike.7356

MistaMike.7356

It wouldn’t be too hard – just make 3 factions at level 80 that are all at war with eachother, and players can only join 1 of them… Aaaaaand, if anyone doesn’t want to join in world PvP, they just don’t join one of the factions. Hmm?? Hmm??

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you already have it.

it is called WvW

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Or you could just play a game that has world pvp. GW2 does not, and it’s great that way.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I can’t tell if you guys are trolling or not.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wvw

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

MistaMike.7356

you already have it.

it is called WvW

No I mean like in the game world, not an instance. You know, there’d be some element danger that you might get jumped and die out there while you’re steamrolling over mobs…

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Willowleaf.5721

Willowleaf.5721

Nope!! I want GW2 to stay an open world PvE game. And those who want to PvP know where to go (sPvP, WvWvW).

Necro (LV 80), thief, ele, guardian, engineer, revenant, ranger.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

MistaMike.7356

Nope!! I want GW2 to stay an open world PvE game. And those who want to PvP know where to go (sPvP, WvWvW).

So don’t join in? I said already that if you don’t join one of the three warring factions, you don’t get flagged. It looks like nobody here reads before commenting.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

There is enough ways to PvP already ingame why not just join them ?

Why do we need more ways you dont like WvWvW or sPvP just wondering.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

go leveling in WvW, you get the same experience you’re looking for(getting jumped while steamrolling mobs) that’s what you want, isnt it?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

sPv kitten IOUSLY lacking in content (1 game mode, really?) & WvW gets boring after doing the same thing on the same map over and over again.

Although I do admit that the idea O kitten uggesting just sounds like a variant of WvW, open PvP should be a server you can guest to and ANYONE that goes there is fair game. Also note how I said you can GUEST there, meaning it’s an option.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

then why not ask for more WvW maps? the PvE’ers will be happy to be left alone, and the WvW’ers will have a new playground

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

It wouldn’t be too hard – just make 3 factions at level 80 that are all at war with eachother, and players can only join 1 of them… Aaaaaand, if anyone doesn’t want to join in world PvP, they just don’t join one of the factions. Hmm?? Hmm??

Riiight. Open world optional PvP, where everyone has to listen to you smack-talk to the person you just “pwned”.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

MistaMike.7356

Because the world gets dull when you can never die. I don’t know if you’ve ever played a game with world PvP before but it makes the game far more interesting. You need to anticipate getting attacked at all times and consequently your actions require some thought to plan out. Fighting with your back against a wall for example to ensure nobody comes up behind you, timing your pulls so that you don’t get overrun if an enemy is close by.

Currently the world doesn’t require a modicum of thought when you can steamroll over everything. It’s an absolute gorgeous landscape but there is zero element of danger and for an adventure game you want that element.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

Because the world gets dull when you can never die. I don’t know if you’ve ever played a game with world PvP before but it makes the game far more interesting. You need to anticipate getting attacked at all times and consequently your actions require some thought to plan out. Fighting with your back against a wall for example to ensure nobody comes up behind you, timing your pulls so that you don’t get overrun if an enemy is close by.

Currently the world doesn’t require a modicum of thought when you can steamroll over everything. It’s an absolute gorgeous landscape but there is zero element of danger and for an adventure game you want that element.

I started with UO before trammel so i do know all about open world PvP and having to fight where ever you went.

I was just asking sounds like you are just bored with PvP here and i understand that i am kinda there also but not totally yet.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

WvW is no more an instance than the game world. Each zone has multiple copies of itself. They’re essentially giant instances. You can’t really call WvW instanced in the sense of the word, because it’s no different from other PvE zones in the open world.

Edit: The only real difference is no overflow servers.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Minda.9270

Minda.9270

Step 1: Go to WvW

Step 2: Find a Jumping Puzzle and camp it

Step 3: Kill/grief PvE players trying to get WvW tokens

profit.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I’ve played a game with open world PvP, worst crap ever, so thankful ANet doesn’t do it.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I am very sad that GW2 doesn’t have world PvP, but honestly WvW is pretty close; enough so that I don’t think Anet should waste development time with this mode.

I agree with the puzzle-camping suggestion. That’s some good old fasion PvE content denial! Pretty effective too. If they can’t get past you they simply cannot do the puzzle at all!

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Because this would work so well in a game where fields and finishers play off each other regardless of if you are in a party or not . Yep friendly fire during Temples , Dragons,Dungeons and any other event you can think of is a great idea .

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Open world pvp is for Elitist children who get off on roaming in groups killing lone players that are trying to quest then dancing over their corpse because it makes them feel like some kind of GOD.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

you already have it.

it is called WvW

No I mean like in the game world, not an instance. You know, there’d be some element danger that you might get jumped and die out there while you’re steamrolling over mobs…

Well this is pretty much WvW in a nutshell.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

This sounds like something only a select few griefers would enjoy.

Can you elaborate on why would anet spend time and resources on it, when there already are better PvP modes they could (and are) working on?

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Anarchy online has world pvp based on factions. A tiny fraction of the main player base used it. It also enourages a griefing, immature mindset from its players by having it. I personally would not like to see it here.

Also, im not sure open world factions would work when the idea is a unified front vs dragons. Duelling is a better option. Again not something i like, but its a much more contained way of having casual pvp than open world

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

i think GW2 does the World PvP thing right a separate map has surely made most topics you see about ganking non existent.

server v server v server as well is a great thing much more of a community all chipping in.

Can we get World PvP?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Do not agree with MistaMike i think like the most that replayed that its much better that you have PVE maps and then PVP maps so you can chose if you want to lvl in PVP or PVE. More if you had PVP in normal map that would meka Wordl vs World a pain, like Guild xx grefed you in lvl and then they defend Tower Longview but you then deside those * i will not help.