Can we get an option to hide...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

players spend money, gold and time for this stuff…

If other players can hide my expensive minis or weapons I also can play a single player game.

So you can keep the hide settings off along with your friends you want to show off to, they can have their hide settings off as well.

I personally don’t care about them, so id rather have them hidden and maybe gain/stabilize the framerate a bit.

Get a better PC. Mine is not the best by any stretch, but the game is stable and fps are fine and I don’t get any problems with everything on high/ultra and on. And if you want the game to.be better/ stable turn down your settings, and accept that you don’t have the best PC in the world.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

I would like to request a merge with

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-let-us-mute-minis/first#post5344211

Considering this movement keeps losing traction as soon as it hits page 2 it would be easier to keep all of the relevant posts together.

It’s not going away Anet…. We Want The Option! If it’s ok for your servers to hide minis and illusions when it feels the population is causing a load then we should have the option when it taxes our nerves.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

(edited by Muusic.2967)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I would like to request a merge with

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-let-us-mute-minis/first#post5344211

Considering this movement keeps losing traction as soon as it hits page 2 it would be easier to keep all of the relevant posts together.

It’s not going away Anet…. We Want The Option!

It loses traction because your asking ANet to hid something that comes from the gem store(angel wings, minis) its free advertising. For them. Some one sees the wings/mini, “Where did you get them?” Answer “The Gem store”

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

…And if you want the game to.be better/ stable turn down your settings, and accept that you don’t have the best PC in the world.

The point is, as was demonstrated by screenshots in this thread, that turning down the settings doesn’t affect the backpieces, even when choosing the simplified character model setting.
Not everyone can afford to buy a better PC – I know it might sound shocking. Some players (I’m not one of them, btw, but I can understand what it’s like to have an older/cheaper computer be your only option) are only able to play on lowest setting. I don’t want my vanity to gate them from playing. I was very happy when low-res character models were introduced, because it meant my friend with a shoddy PC would finally be able to play with me! Isn’t it awesome when more people are able to play an MMO with you? I think so. If they can’t see my glowy backpiece then whatevs. I can still see it and enjoy it.

As an aside, I don’t see people having a problem with the generic character model hiding people’s gem store costumes, yet backpieces and minis seem to bunch up some undies.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

…And if you want the game to.be better/ stable turn down your settings, and accept that you don’t have the best PC in the world.

The point is, as was demonstrated by screenshots in this thread, that turning down the settings doesn’t affect the backpieces, even when choosing the simplified character model setting.
Not everyone can afford to buy a better PC – I know it might sound shocking. Some players (I’m not one of them, btw, but I can understand what it’s like to have an older/cheaper computer be your only option) are only able to play on lowest setting. I don’t want my vanity to gate them from playing. I was very happy when low-res character models were introduced, because it meant my friend with a shoddy PC would finally be able to play with me! Isn’t it awesome when more people are able to play an MMO with you? I think so. If they can’t see my glowy backpiece then whatevs. I can still see it and enjoy it.

As an aside, I don’t see people having a problem with the generic character model hiding people’s gem store costumes, yet backpieces and minis seem to bunch up some undies.

Check out my thread on this subject:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Character-Model-Limit-Quality/first#post5361150

This thread is about adding a separate option in the graphics settings to hide backpacks when you want, regardless of your graphic settings. This will never happen for reasons already explained (gem store items, showing of, etc)

My thread is asking to allow graphic settings to affect weapons, minis and backpacks like they affect everything else. Separate threads for separate solutions

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

On the one hand, I get the idea that people have paid for things and would like to show them off. That’s huge.

They paid for armor and outfits too but at lower settings they are hidden “for performance reasons”. Yet Weapons, minis and backpacks aren’t affected. Are pink quaggan backpacks so much more important to show off than the Zodiak or Aethrblade armor skins? Or Hellfire/Radiant/Glorious armor skins? Why have two different choices and not treat all skins equally?

Oh I actually agree with this, I was just short in my first point because I was much more interested in making my second point.

But yes, they hide my minis, but I still have to see WoW shoulders and…I presume that’s a sword, looks like a surfboard. I agree with the ‘all things equal’. In fact, when they first put that patch out with the ‘always out’ minis and they had ‘overtuned’ the hiding, I had made a few posts making that very point. I should always see my mini. If you feel you need to hide someone else’s mini that is standing right next to me, then you should also swap in their ‘nameless faceless grey armor’ set.

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

If Johnny Gemstore thinks his angel wings and super banana mini are amazing, then that’s great for him. They clutter my screen and I would prefer to not look at them. Is he going to know that I am hiding his backpack/minis? No.

^ This.. me wanting an option to turn off minis or ugly looking wins doesn’t impact you in any way.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I really don’t understand why people are opposed to hiding backpacks, weapons and minis just like we can hide armor of others using lower quality settings. A toggle just for backpacks isn’t needed nor something I’d ever want to see, but allowing the lower quality settings to hide everything and not just armor is something that can help with performance a LOT.

Some backpacks and minis are huge with lots of details, and some legendary weapons clutter the screen with their particles, "why can’t we turn them off to increase performance?* Is “showing off” really MORE IMPORTANT than the ability to play the game? And if so, there are armor sets I’d want to show off but I can’t because the quality settings remove those.

Why is it so unfair?

It would be unfair becuase the perfomance boost for players with the options off vs on
then it would become the new meta to turn them off.

Besides Anet is not in the business to make one version of the game for me, another for you and another for next person on and on…………………………….

Unfair performance boost? Making the game playable for more people is now unfair?
I never asked for an extra option to hide backpacks, the OP did and I disagreed. I asked for the character detail setting to affect weapons, minis and backpacks which I think it’s a very reasonable request.

You and few others are saying turning X off would increase performance! If these options gives too much of a performance boost over players not using them as they want to see all the bling then yes it would be unfair.

However….
GW2 was built on many of the same pc’s that built GW1 with some them with low end specs . Players have to take some personal initiative in upgrading or buying a capable computer to play their games of choice as Anet can only do so much to support low end spec pc’s.

Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time, and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I don’t care about having to see most of the nonsense the aesthetically challenged among us inflict upon their characters. I’m just incredibly annoyed at items that let you take up three times the space on my screen that characters without those items do. I’m looking at you, wings.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

The world isn’t made equal. Some are more equal then others, you just have a different perspective.

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

players spend money, gold and time for this stuff…

If other players can hide my expensive minis or weapons I also can play a single player game.

So you can keep the hide settings off along with your friends you want to show off to, they can have their hide settings off as well.

I personally don’t care about them, so id rather have them hidden and maybe gain/stabilize the framerate a bit.

Get a better PC. Mine is not the best by any stretch, but the game is stable and fps are fine and I don’t get any problems with everything on high/ultra and on. And if you want the game to.be better/ stable turn down your settings, and accept that you don’t have the best PC in the world.

My PC is plenty capable.

i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz with 16GB DDR3 1866 and 2x GTX 670 SLi (in Single GPU use for GW2 cause it doesn’t utilize sli at all). Sorry, but i’m not upgrading for 1 game that is known to have an archaic engine.

My main issue is the visuals, not really performance, but I do believe people that have lower-end hardware would appreciate the option to turn off backpieces and minis as well. I think 99% of all backpieces are ugly and dumb looking. I’d rather have a less visually cluttered game ( i only find the Shadow of Grenth to be cool looking, but even then, it’s hidden on my character).

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Completely agree with the OP. So some sort of ignore-list for cosmetics would be very welcome.

Nowadays theres so much crap in the game that is not only ugly as hell, but also really annoying. Some of them appear to be designed solely to be obnoxious to other players
Especially Wings, very noisy harvesting tools, backpacks and miniatures.

I dont understand how people can actually be against this. You wont even know the difference in most cases, if someone chose to not see your obnoxious crap.

And whoever created this farting super banana miniature deserves a slap in the face.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Posted by: teegees.9638

teegees.9638

Much bigger problem now than before. The garish oversized backpacks have really gotten out of hand. Just a global hide for backpack models would probably be good enough.

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before commenting. Posting on an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is against forum rules. This thread is now locked.