Can we get rid of Rezzing totally dead?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

As the title says it. In the meantime I think rezzing totally dead (but you can rezz downed people) people should be taken out of the game. It only causes problems everywhere.

• People are careless about dying as there is no penalty.
  • People lie around boosting scaling without contributing, which disturbed mood of all, the dead that did not get rezzed, but crying for help and the living that have to do the work for the dead leacher.
  • In WvW/EotM it supports the large blobs and the winner is always a total winner. Without rezzing, blobs would be smaller and attrition war of the side with less manpower would become possible.

Instead whenever you are totally dead you are immediately ported to the next WP.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

No. Just no. I think you’re going to find yourself virtually alone on this, as even most of the people who are annoyed by dead players lying around instead of WP’ing are highly unlikely to endorse such a drastic “solution” as you propose. Besides, there is a penalty to dying – you get one piece of your armor damaged every time you die completely, and if you die enough times, your armor begins to break outright, one piece at a time, and the only way to fix it is to map out to somewhere where there’s a repair NPC or anvil available. You might as well ask for repair costs for armor to be restored, while you’re about it.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

no because exploring with friends. If I die and my friends kills of the boss or whatever they can revive me. I can understand people do not revive for example at mark 2 golem because it is 15 second run from waypoint back and reviving takes way longer then that.

I always am sad when I am exploring and i see a downed player, I try to get there but when I just arrive to late they just waypoint out. The times I do get to revive someone I always get a thanks.

In pvp I do not know, I do not play pvp, at all.

Posted by: Merlot.8567

Merlot.8567

Have to agree with joe.7684. I wish there was a good way to force people to WP, however. Not on the user end – but maybe if in an area with a population of <50 in an x radius of player, fully dead are forcibly waypointed to the nearest one after a 15second timer.

My only real issue with the dead not WP’ing is on raid events.

Do not let the GW2 forums become the new Tumblr!

Posted by: Izziee.8392

Izziee.8392

I kinda agree with the OP

Though not entirely, I think there should be a time limit to how long you can stay dead though, which can be refreshed if someone starts to rez

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

You might not have done level 50 fractals enough if you consider it a good change. Or solo exploring with the closest unlocked WP being miles away.

That said, group events that require coordination might indeed require changes like porting fully dead away after a time-out.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

You might not have done level 50 fractals enough if you consider it a good change. Or solo exploring with the closest unlocked WP being miles away.

That said, group events that require coordination might indeed require changes like porting fully dead away after a time-out.

Who revives you if you are solo? Do you want to wait hours till someone passes by? Port on total dead makes it clear priority to get WP’s first, if you fail you have to walk a bit, but you will always have at least 1 WP on the map, and if you are far away from the closest WP: You will have a lot WP’s to explore while walking

And, hm yes, dungeons and fractals, where you cannot port on dead probably need a special handling.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

In WvW I agree, in PvE it is fine the way it works right now.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Who revives you if you are solo?

That’s phenomenal, but as said on one of the PoIs, “if you happen to die, there’s always a lot of players suddenly rushing from all the sides to rezz you”.

20 level 80s and counting.