Can we have 8 character slots?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leon Trotsky.3674

Leon Trotsky.3674

Q:

I want to roll all the professions eventually, they all seem so interesting (bar Warrior)

Posted by: Licht.5168

Licht.5168

A:

Either:
A) Buy them from the Item Market
B) Wait for expansions and hope they expand the number of slots a player has access to by default.

IIRC, Guild Wars only has 8 character slots, and there are 10 professions in that game, so players still had to purchase two slots to have access to all the classes on a single account. Yes, the increase would be nice, but I imagine that due to the Item Market being available, character slots are gonna be given for free scarcely.

Xarinn – Warrior L80 – 400AS/400WS
Sanctum of Rall
“Quaggan’s a piwate! Yarr!” – “Pirate”

Posted by: Cabbage.4085

Cabbage.4085

I thought you could purchase more from the Item Shop?

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

You can have as many slots as you like, so of course you can have 8 slots, just get your cash out and there all yours

Posted by: Spawnah.4321

Spawnah.4321

You can buy more character slots at the Black Lion Trading Company for 800 gems. Having 8 slots anyway would probably remove most of the incentive to buy.

Posted by: Fezzul.7132

Fezzul.7132

believe extra slots are 800 gems a piece so a little over $10 for each if you want to buy the gems with money.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

off topic slightly but I read that someone bought as many as they could and hit the limit at 40 character slots

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

A little tip for character slots: I have been buying gems through the currency exchange when I see the price reach 3 gems per 1 silver and buying them at 10 silver at a time. Doing this I reached 800 gems in a few days, and purchased another character slot. Rinse repeat, and you can fill out those extra slots pretty easily.

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

GW1 Vanilla only had 4 character slots and 6 professions. So I was happy when they made it 5 this time.

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Question answered successfully – topic closed.