Can we have a "use all" option for alcohol!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

I spent some of my excess carma on ales to boost up the thirst slayer achivement. Imagine my horror at when i find the game expects me to click every single mug to use. have you any idea how annoying it is to have to click 7500 times in a row to empty your inventory? I was going to use a Hotkey until I discovered this would be considered against the game’s terms of use! This sort of thing is going to destroy my mouse, and/or my hand. Essence of luck had this issue fixed ages ago, so why not alcohol, which we also need to consume in bulk for achivements?

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

If they did it would be amusing if it killed the character from an overdose.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

wish we did in real life also lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

This would have been nice a couple of weeks ago when I had to click some 33k times to go from about 10 points in this achieve to max. Yes it was about 33k clicks if I remember and I did it in 1 day in a few hours.

That might sound like a lot but I was used to that sort of thing as that’s how you play the vast majority of that other crap game known as Runecape. Click, click, click for hours on end just to get a very small % of what you need for just 1 lvl.

For this tho I used a trick that I used to do for that other game when training the stealing skill. It’s perfectly fine as far as I am aware and not classed as any type of cheat:

1 – Plug in a second mouse.

2 – Tape over the mouse laser with anything dark so the laser wont operate or remove the track ball if you are using a very old mouse. :P

3 – Hold the second mouse in your hand that you usually don’t use for mouse operation. Hold it in a way that is comfortable for you and so you can click the mouse button with your thumb.

4 – Use your normal mouse/hand to control the cursor and simply click with your spare hand. Of course you can mix it up swapping over hands or fingers to click instead of your thumb to help lesson the strain.

Good Luck!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I have heard that you can also map the mouse wheel to act as a click, then spin it. I don’t know if that will set off the “too many actions too fast” ban button, though. Maybe spin it slowly? That would still be easier thakittenllion left clicks.

Or use the Windows Access functions. Activating those makes mouse pad + into a double click, so you can tap the keyboard instead of the mouse.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have heard that you can also map the mouse wheel to act as a click, then spin it. I don’t know if that will set off the “too many actions too fast” ban button, though. Maybe spin it slowly? That would still be easier thakittenllion left clicks.

Or use the Windows Access functions. Activating those makes mouse pad + into a double click, so you can tap the keyboard instead of the mouse.

I thought about trying this but saw no options via settings. I do use Sharpkeys2 to disable my caps lock and there is no option in that programme either for mouse wheel. Wasn’t going to bother looking for and downloading yet another programme just for that…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I do recommend AutoHotKey for key remapping. Scripts which do more than one thing per button press is a bannable offense, mind you, but for things which can’t be remapped in the game’s settings or through device driver software, it provides a very easy way to re-bind keys to whatever you want.

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

I did this in real life once. Drank all. I want to do this in GW2, just drink all the booze my avatar can afford. I might have a teensy problem..

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

They should do something about it.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]