Can we have more ways to earn tyria M-points?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Got HoT about a week ago.

Few days ago i realised I am short about 6 points towards maxing my tyria masteries

My options?

- Grind tripple ascended armor
- Grind useless & ugly collections (ambrite or luminescent)
- Dive in various locations in tyria (seriously anet? this? a kittening mastery point??)
- Kill the SW legendary bosses (Rng based boss spawn chance)
- Complete my remaining season 2 story’s wich are locked for me and require a 100g or 800 gem investment (Shame on you for not including this within HoT, seriously)
- buy all cultural armor (another 200+ gold investment)
- Triple trouble (Most likely the easiest of them all since this is still organised frequently)

The joy when i discovered all my remaining points i can earn are locked behind maps that are deserted except for the main meta event or a complete and utterly pointless grindfest towards a collection achievement or a season 2 story that should have been included into the hot purchase in the first place.

Anet, There’s a kittening reason I never completed my drytop & silverwastes achievements. There’s a reaon I never finished my ambrite collection and there’s a reason I never finished crafting triple ascended.

Where’s your sense of loyalty anet? Did you really threw ALL OF IT away after you decided to rebrand your entire game and live up to everything except the things you promised pre season 2?

Did none of you consider that you’re locking mastery’s behind content some people don’t even enjoy? behind collections people don’t bat an eye about?

Why don’t you award me some points for the 5000 fractals i’ve been running over the past 3 years. No, only having the fractal weapon collection doesnt cut it, especially since that was completely rng before hot to begin with.

What about my outstanding performance during marionette? or during the LA defense?

Nothing?

Thanks a kittening lot.

So much for exploring NEW content

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Sounds like you have more than enough options available for more mastery points.

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

> Dive in various locations in tyria (seriously anet? this? a kittening mastery point??)

This takes about ten minutes and was made easier with Heart of Thorns.

> Kill the SW legendary bosses (Rng based boss spawn chance)

Easy.

- Complete my remaining season 2 story’s wich are locked for me and require a 100g or 800 gem investment

Why didn’t you play when they were free? 100g is virtually nothing anyway.

It also sounds like you already have quite a lot of mastery points; everything besides what you listed means you’re only missing 1-5. Big deal.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

alwinp.2791

did you read through my thread?

I’m not complaining about the amount of options, i’m complaining about what the options require me to do.

I’ll be more specific:

Why can’t I unlock tyria mastery’s through hot content?
Why Didn’t they add mastery’s related to fractals?
Why didn’t they add mastery’s related to dungeons or pvp?
Why didn’t they add mastery’s related to WvW?

alwinp.2791

> Dive in various locations in tyria (seriously anet? this? a kittening mastery point??)

10 minutes I could spend farming my winter’s essence (crucial 10 minutes for that matter btw)

Kill the SW legendary bosses (Rng based boss spawn chance)

Easy.

Please elaborate, because I went to sw over 7x this week and not once did I encounter even one of the legendary bosses. Does anet expect me to camp this stuff for over two weeks?

- Complete my remaining season 2 story’s wich are locked for me and require a 100g or 800 gem investment

Why didn’t you play when they were free? 100g is virtually nothing anyway.

Because I was inactive during the time (finals) and I had no idea they would make it locked behind a money gate after the release.

Mind donating that 100g to me? you say its virtually nothing, for me thats a week of work ingame.

It also sounds like you already have quite a lot of mastery points; everything besides what you listed means you’re only missing 1-5. Big deal.

Are you suprised btw? For playing 3 years I expected anet to have enough decency to figure out & know most players have grew sick & tired of maps like silverwasted & dry top when it was practically the only two maps that had any activity going on.

And yes, big deal, because its forcing me to waste my time in places I have already visited ankitten ot intrested about.

(edited by alwinp.2791)

Phy.2913

Clearly you haven’t exhausted the silverwaste content, hence your lack of masteries from that zone.

alwinp.2791

Clearly you haven’t exhausted the silverwaste content, hence your lack of masteries from that zone.

I did it enough time to conclude its not my cup of tea
You don’t seem to get my sense of this post I think

The problem is i’m forced to play type of content I don’t want to play

This game is advertised as a game that allows you to achieve the same thing in various ways

And for the record, I did sw well over a hundred times by now

Don’t be a kitten please

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

There are 17 more tyria mastery points than required to max them all. So there are plenty of options
For HoT there are 22 more mastery points than required. Good luck.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’d like to get the sw legendary bosses, not just for the m-points but to complete that ach and get some titles, but so far I’m having trouble finding them. If I’m hanging around one fort, I’m always wondering if there’s a boss at some other fort. Is there any strategy that might help my chances of finding these bosses?

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

“10 minutes I could spend farming my winter’s essence (crucial 10 minutes for that matter btw)”

This makes it sound like you just want things for free without effort which frankly makes me have no sympathy for you. If you don’t want to put the effort into getting something then you don’t deserve it.
And before you say it’s just a dive achievo, the point of mastery points is to experience different parts of the game and diving is part of the game.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Phy.2913

I did it enough time to conclude its not my cup of tea
You don’t seem to get my sense of this post I think

The problem is i’m forced to play type of content I don’t want to play

This game is advertised as a game that allows you to achieve the same thing in various ways

And for the record, I did sw well over a hundred times by now

Don’t be a kitten please

You can achieve the same thing in various ways, the problem is you’ve done all the other ways and are left with ones you don’t want to do.

alwinp.2791

“10 minutes I could spend farming my winter’s essence (crucial 10 minutes for that matter btw)”

This makes it sound like you just want things for free without effort which frankly makes me have no sympathy for you. If you don’t want to put the effort into getting something then you don’t deserve it.
And before you say it’s just a dive achievo, the point of mastery points is to experience different parts of the game and diving is part of the game.

DONT YOU GET IT

IVE DONT THESE THINGS

JEZUS

How many times do I have to repeat it

I don’t have the achievements? Yes, BECAUSE I DIDNT CARE ABOUT THEM

If I KNEW they would be REQUIRED for PROGRESSION ON MASTERIES I WOULD HAVE kittenING DONE THEM

How hard is it to comprehend this after all the posts I made

This game is FORCING ME to do CONTENT I ALREADY EXPLORED BEFORE.

No I didn’t farm AP like every other guy used to to back in 2013. I was playing fractals and upping my level, working on ascended gear and farming materials + gold for my legendary.

I have visitted EVERY place, and most likely EVERY diving location there is in this game.

Did I jump down? no! Because I didn’t give a kitten about that.

Now this game is sending me there AGAIN when i could use this time exploring NEW THINGS

Feel like I want get things handed to me?

Go ahead and craft a light armor ascneded set when it still required well over 12 bolts of damask when it was 14g per piece compared to 5g deldrimor & 3g elonian

Thats how free I got my things

Give me a break

alwinp.2791

You can achieve the same thing in various ways, the problem is you’ve done all the other ways and are left with ones you don’t want to do.

Exacly my point, thank you, finally

Now go ahead and tell me how I have to learn and accept things like doing things I don’t like. But from what I recall, I payed 35 & 45 to play the things I WANT they way they told me I COULD PLAY IT HOW I WANT.

You guys seem to suck on anet a lot honestly speaking.

One day you’ll be forced to grind yourself through kitten and then i’ll go and say how many options there’s in this game to achieve your goal.

But keep it up, its the kitten like this you guys agree with that made hot the unfished piece of garbage it currently is

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m not complaining about the amount of options, i’m complaining about what the options require me to do.

I’ll be more specific:

You’re failing to understand the point and design structure behind Mastery Points. There are not meant to be more Mastery Points than you need to unlock all the Masteries. Mastery Points are meant to be a finite resource. The fact that you ran out and are now stuck with options you don’t like is testament to it actually working as intended.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

alwinp.2791

I’ll be more specific:

You’re failing to understand the point and design structure behind Mastery Points. There are not meant to be more Mastery Points than you need to unlock all the Masteries. Mastery Points are meant to be a finite resource. The fact that you ran out and are now stuck with options you don’t like is testament to it actually working as intended.

Read my above post

This works as intended for NEW Players. Not for old ones who decided to skip content because back in the day you could obtain various things in various ways.

Where did that go eh?

Posted by: yononan.8931

yononan.8931

I think my situation falls in line with this one. After realizing you can not continue gaining XP until after you place mastery points, I noticed I was very close to maxing out my yellow xp bars but only had 2 Tyria Mastery points. I needed at least 4 more to fill in the next tier…

So basically I had 2 choices:

1. Play what I want to play but risk filling up my mastery xp and wasting xp
2. Purchase living story or do achievements (not my cup of tea) to get mastery points and… I have to do them RIGHT AWAY or else I waste xp…

So now I feel absolutely FORCED to do Living Story season 2. Or achievements… to get enough mastery points before I waste any more XP.

People don’t like to feel as if their time is wasted… and at the moment the system makes you feel like you need to get mastery points NOW or else you are wasting your time.

Phy.2913

“play how you want” does not apply to this. It was a statement about getting to max level and getting the strongest gear, which at the time was only exotic. Want masteries? Do things that earn masteries. Doesn’t matter if you like that activity or not.

yononan.8931

“play how you want” does not apply to this. It was a statement about getting to max level and getting the strongest gear, which at the time was only exotic. Want masteries? Do things that earn masteries. Doesn’t matter if you like that activity or not.

Why doesn’t it matter if we like the activity or not?

Anet made Festive Imbiber last only through Wintersday. People complained that they didn’t like the activity and so Anet changed their stance and now Festive Imbiber will be open all year.

Things can change for the better if people complain about activities they don’t enjoy… It’s kind of the point of complaining…

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I pointed out a while back that core mastery points that I personally don’t have are all tied up in LS 2, Teq or the TTW. That’s ignoring the 2000g cultural armor one (every race, every weight). Diving googles is only trivial if you have bothered to do map complete and pull up a guide, hardly “organic”. I wasn’t into the personal story but that’s also a source of core Tyria mastery points.

So I spent 3 years and 3000 hours doing stuff on three characters that ANet decided didn’t count for mastery points in core Tyria.

And 100 gold isn’t trivial. It never was to me.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Phy.2913

Anet made Festive Imbiber last only through Wintersday. People complained that they didn’t like the activity and so Anet changed their stance and now Festive Imbiber will be open all year.

Things can change for the better if people complain about activities they don’t enjoy… It’s kind of the point of complaining…

If masteries where a limited time achievement you might have a point. You can earn more masteries than what’s required, clearly they didn’t want to just give it away and yet still gave you options. They want you to work for it

alwinp.2791

YES IT DOES!

HoT is an EXPANSION
not a freaking new game.

My 3 years of playing should be rewarded, not stuffed into my face with a “play it again” statement on it.

Phy.2913

YES IT DOES!

HoT is an EXPANSION
not a freaking new game.

My 3 years of playing should be rewarded, not stuffed into my face with a “play it again” statement on it.

According to your achievements, you didn’t play it the first time.

yononan.8931

If masteries where a limited time achievement you might have a point. You can earn more masteries than what’s required, clearly they didn’t want to just give it away and yet still gave you options. They want you to work for it

Being time-limited has nothing to do with my argument. My argument was that people don’t like certain activities and therefore they have the right to complain to seek adjustments.

Time-limited or not, unfun activities are unfun for certain people.

Granted, this brings up another issue…

I realized today that a lot of these activities are “unfun” because you don’t get to actually use the gear you work hard for. I spent so much gold and time on making ascended weapons/gear and yet… it’s pointless really because I’m constantly being directed by PvE content to pickup a flamethrower or get into a golem or to do a jumping puzzle… basically using anything other than the combat system itself and the gear you worked hard for.

I don’t think it’s a huge problem… yet… but can see a lack of focus and too much reliance on non-combat options to fill in content that it becomes tedious. See: Wintersday JP, and this living story S2 that I’m doing right now where all the missions are basically, “hey let’s take away all your stuff and have you do non-mmo things like jumping around and playing puzzle games and doing endless runners…”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If OP had everything else besides what is listed that should mean they have enough points to max out all currently available Tyria masteries …

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

You skipped over it. skipping over it means you put less time and effort into it than people that did not skip over it and got the achievements and now the mastery points.

Now you can go back and also put the same amount of time and effort as others. Unless of course, in the past, you were standing next to the legendary champions in SW and decided not to hit them, or decided to zone out before completing events in SW. maybe you decided not to jump off the diving spots but you can ignore that if you don’t want to go back and do it.

And as far as the living story goes those achievements do take a lot of work which you haven’t done because you have to pay for it. You mentioned your finals keeping you from it and that is understandable although you only needed to log in I think once a month. Idk maybe your finals were taking months. There were emails sent out when releases happened. Maybe a net needed to give you a special phone call. Anyway good luck getting anywhere acting so belligerent.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Stop complaining…

Everything what youve listed up there, have I done already when that kind of content was fresh out and im pretty sure, thousands over thousands of other players did so as well…

What we did successfully already like over a year ago and longer, can you do too …

Stop asking for the easy detour by anet, just because you are too lazy to invest some time into the game OP

PS: Theres also more Tyria Points than needed to max out all Tyrian Masteries..

Ive maxed out all of them, I have 11 Points left over and still not done all of the tyria Masteries Points!!
So stop complaining..you have more options than necccessary to max out everything…

OP, I know, truth hurts, but when you just want to have put now everything free in your lazy butt, just because you aren’t willing to do something for your points, then this isn’t right and nothing but a freaking SIMPLE EXCUSE ON YOUR SIDE.

Your arguments are irrelevant. There are more than ENOUGH ways to max out Tyrian Masteries, like said, there are even more points than needed…

You are just only kittened off, because you don’t like any of the options that are left over for you.. thats all…

Your whole thread is just full of excuses only.

sorry to say that, but so is it…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

alwinp.2791

Again

Read my posts

I’m complaining about the various ways (or lack thereof) for mastery’s

The point isen’t that this content happens to be SW or whatever kittening achievement.
It is about this mastery system forcing me through content I DONT LIKE.

Last time i post this, is it really this hard to understand

If they added points for WvW achievements or PVP or fractals I wouldn’t make this thread as I would have VARIOUS WAYS of maxing my mastery.

AND GUESS WHAT?! NOTHING would change except for EVERYONE have MORE WAYS to fully max their mastery’s and MORE OPTIONS TO DECIDE HOW TO DO IT.

Is that really to much to ask for?

PLEASE…
If you don’t get this, then kitten off my thread and don’t tell me i skipped or i was lazy because I have been playing this game for 3 years just like everyon else.

And i’m not being belligerent either, i’m being far & to the kitten point and I have every kitten right to as I payed money for a product that is SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINING

alwinp.2791

Stop complaining…
Everything what youve listed up there, have I done already when that kind of content was fresh out and im pretty sure, thousands over thousands of other players did so as well…
What we did successfully already like over a year ago and longer, can you do too …
Stop asking for the easy detour by anet, just because you are too lazy to invest some time into the game OP

Another kittening whit who can’t be kitten d to read

Did you not see my twenty statements about HOW I PLAYED FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS JUST LIKE YOU?

alwinp.2791

You skipped over it. skipping over it means you put less time and effort into it than people that did not skip over it and got the achievements and now the mastery points.
Now you can go back and also put the same amount of time and effort as others. Unless of course, in the past, you were standing next to the legendary champions in SW and decided not to hit them, or decided to zone out before completing events in SW. maybe you decided not to jump off the diving spots but you can ignore that if you don’t want to go back and do it.
And as far as the living story goes those achievements do take a lot of work which you haven’t done because you have to pay for it. You mentioned your finals keeping you from it and that is understandable although you only needed to log in I think once a month. Idk maybe your finals were taking months. There were emails sent out when releases happened. Maybe a net needed to give you a special phone call. Anyway good luck getting anywhere acting so belligerent.

Also you’re saying this as if the meta was REQUIRED to be completed when they added whatever content that is linked to mastery’s today. Wich wasn’t the case

It was a sense of progression towards a skin piece and additional AP for those who liked to collect it.

Not once did this kind of content block you out from anything else in this game. Now it does

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

And i’m not being belligerent either, i’m being far & to the kitten point and I have every kitten right to as I payed money for a product that is SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERTAINING

ROFL

The killer argument number 1, when excuses aren’t enough anymore +1

would read again xD

PS.

Yes I’ve read that you claim to have played for 3 years this game.
Fact is, I and many others did in these 3 years ALOT MORE THAN YOU.
Content, which didn’t seem to interest you at all and thus due to our early time investment in these things YOU didn’t care for, are therefore now in the rightful advantage of having RETROACTIVELY more progression in the masteries, than YOU.

So simple. Get over it.
Do the same things as like everyone else did in the past and freaking earn your mastery points like everyone else did and stop QQ like a little kitten.

However, you seem to ignore the fact, that there are more points than needed to max out Tyria Masteriy points.

Maybe I need to open up your blind eyes for the truth more first!!
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Central_Tyria_mastery_tracks

19+19+11 = 49 > You need 49 Mastery points to Max Out all Tyria Masteries.

Now lets take a look on all the Points that you can get …

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

= Total of SIXTY FOUR (64) tyrian mastery Points…

So even freaking 10 points more, than you even need and in total 15 Points more, than you need to max out everything.
What is again your problem OP, when you haven’t listed up even at all every 15 options, that you have left over??
I’m pretty sure, some from the 9 options that you haven’t named us, that there is something among those options that should be doable by you ….

Sheesh.

Just like said, nothing but excuses here…

PPS: I even miscalculated myself, it are in real even 66 points, so 17 points more than needed to max it out. Silly me. Have not seen one line with 2 points xD

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Andraus.3874

Your arguement is more clear at first. Yes I did read everything and that is when your argument became convoluted. You said you would have done these achievements when you were doing the content if you knew it would be required for mastery points. Then you explained in all caps about “HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND?” Well now you know so now you can do them. What is the difference? You have to go back into those zones so the WP costs? Or you just don’t feel like putting the time into it? This is what people are getting at now. You lead the conversation down this track and now demanding that you didn’t and that everyone else is ignorant.

With that being said, I think you would find a lot of people agreeing that a few more ways to acquire mastery points such as through PvP or WvW would be nice. But you’re not very good at understanding how to present an argument in a way to be persuasive. Which I assume was your initial goal but it didn’t work out as you come off as angry and complaining. That’s just my perception, maybe others are being persuaded by you who knows.

Andraus.3874

Also you’re saying this as if the meta was REQUIRED to be completed when they added whatever content that is linked to mastery’s today. Wich wasn’t the case

It was a sense of progression towards a skin piece and additional AP for those who liked to collect it.

Not once did this kind of content block you out from anything else in this game. Now it does

Your last sentence is just a matter of perspective. Since you are using “blocked” in this context you’re actually wrong. There was plenty blocking you out from content before masteries and HoT. For example: To get a legendary you needed to get world completion. A lot of people don’t like world completions. You can’t PvP world completion. You can’t make a legendary without world completion. Right now you can’t craft a second generation legendary without mastery. That requires you do things to get mastery points just like world completion was required to get first generations. It’s a block if you want to view it that way but it has always been this way. And nothing is preventing you from playing.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Few days ago i realised I am short about 6 points towards maxing my tyria masteries

My options?

- Dive in various locations in tyria (seriously anet? this? a kittening mastery point??)
- Complete my remaining season 2 story’s wich are locked for me and require a 100g or 800 gem investment (Shame on you for not including this within HoT, seriously)
- Triple trouble (Most likely the easiest of them all since this is still organised frequently)

The joy when i discovered all my remaining points i can earn are locked behind maps that are deserted except for the main meta event or a complete and utterly pointless grindfest towards a collection achievement or a season 2 story that should have been included into the hot purchase in the first place.

Anet, There’s a kittening reason I never completed my drytop & silverwastes achievements. There’s a reaon I never finished my ambrite collection and there’s a reason I never finished crafting triple ascended.

Where’s your sense of loyalty anet? Did you really threw ALL OF IT away after you decided to rebrand your entire game and live up to everything except the things you promised pre season 2?

Did none of you consider that you’re locking mastery’s behind content some people don’t even enjoy? behind collections people don’t bat an eye about?

Why don’t you award me some points for the 5000 fractals i’ve been running over the past 3 years. No, only having the fractal weapon collection doesnt cut it, especially since that was completely rng before hot to begin with.

What about my outstanding performance during marionette? or during the LA defense?

Nothing?

Thanks a kittening lot.

So much for exploring NEW content

Considering the problem you’re having with masteries, I predict you’ll have even more problems if you get them. It looks like you want to create legendaries. Once again, you’ll be back complaining about the same issues. I suggest you stop while you’re ahead. The only masteries you’ll use are the fractal masteries.

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ll be more specific:

Read my above post

This works as intended for NEW Players. Not for old ones who decided to skip content because back in the day you could obtain various things in various ways.

Where did that go eh?

Of course it does. Just because you skipped it doesn’t mean it went away. It’s still there. Whether you want to do it or not is the choice you make. It’s not on ANet to fix anything. You’ve decided that not doing those things is more important to you than having all Masteries completed. If you change your mind, you’ll do what you need to do. It’s as simple as that.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

alwinp.2791

Considering the problem you’re having with masteries, I predict you’ll have even more problems if you get them. It looks like you want to create legendaries. Once again, you’ll be back complaining about the same issues. I suggest you stop while you’re ahead. The only masteries you’ll use are the fractal masteries.

No, thats not my plan
And for the record, I already made a legendary before

You know what I want?

Being able to explore HoT without a kitten flashing exp bar everytime I enter tyria, and then being reminded I have to visit old places i never liked in the first place.

Kal Spiro.9745

Being time-limited has nothing to do with my argument. My argument was that people don’t like certain activities and therefore they have the right to complain to seek adjustments.

Actually it has everything to do with it. The only way to complete Festive Imbiber is to drink Wintersday Drinks. They did not change the amount you need to drink, and they did not change the only way to acquire drinks which is getting them from presents or buying them. They only changed how long you had to complete the achievement.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

You mean besides those 14 points (out of 64) that are already tied to fractal achievements? There’s already two more points available through fractal achievements than you actually need to fully train the fractal masteries. That’s way more than enough points tied to one small part of the game.

As for the silverwastes legendaries, they only spawn around forts that are upgraded to a certain level (3 I think), so you’ll need to actually play the event phase of that map and help hold and upgrade the fort in question rather than hopping from breach to breach.

Behellagh.1468

My issue boils down to my 3 years of playing content I enjoyed did not align or thought worthwhile at the time is now … SUPRIZE .. the content in core Tyria I should have been doing. Of course there was no telegraphing of that before launch.

And spoon collector? How many threads have there been discussing how the spoon that drops only from Teq is locked up behind RNGesus? I can understand “encouraging” players to repeat content in a subscription game but seriously. The worse thing about tying up so many mastery points behind Teq and TTW is that succeeding isn’t about just your skill but the skill of all the pug players running these raid lite fights.

If I knew now that I had to have done the personal story for every race, that LS2 was needed. That dungeon story mode was important. That the old Teq didn’t count. That diving googles weren’t just for OCD completionists. Just maybe I would have enough MP to unlock autoloot now that I have enough XP.

RIP City of Heroes

yononan.8931

Actually it has everything to do with it. The only way to complete Festive Imbiber is to drink Wintersday Drinks. They did not change the amount you need to drink, and they did not change the only way to acquire drinks which is getting them from presents or buying them. They only changed how long you had to complete the achievement.

They changed how long you had to complete the achievement. Why? Because people complained.

So it still proves my point. So I’m saying there is no difference… I thought that was clear.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It can’t possible take less than 10 minutes.

• 38 dive locations, most of which are not located near a WP (and not everyone will have them all).
  • some locations are wonky; people continue to have trouble triggering some of them.

Besides which, this misses the OP’s point: gaining regular levels can be done anywhere; gaining Hero Points can be done in a variety of places; gaining xp for masteries can be done anywhere — however, gaining mastery points requires doing specific content; that’s the OP’s objection.

For the OP: masteries (at least in Tyria) are optional features intended to make things a bit easier for players. I don’t love the restrictions, but I think they are fair, since they suggest some level of mastery over the existing content. Otherwise, it would just be another form of leveling

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Teleniel.1809

Teleniel.1809

1: Because Core Tyria is not HoT, which has it’s own mastery track.
2: They did, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists_
3a: Because the team is trying to discourage Dungeons outside of existing tokens > armor skins
3b: Because PvP doesn’t benefit from mastery
4: Because WvW doesn’t benefit from mastery

Kal Spiro.9745

They changed how long you had to complete the achievement. Why? Because people complained.

So it still proves my point. So I’m saying there is no difference… I thought that was clear.

Because people complained about fairness. And ANet saw reason in the argument, making it more fair. This is not a matter of fairness. It’s completely different.

There are already 17 more available Mastery Points than you need to unlock everything in Tyria. That’s a line of four masteries worth of points. If you can’t manage to find something you can do in that much, then you’re not even trying.

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

My options?

Seriously??? You only need another 6 points and you still have a heap of easy ones.

The diving doesn’t take long and triple trouble is an easy four points (spread out over a few completions).
SW bosses, yeah that took a while, but I made a heap of gold and unlocked one of the best looking heavy armour skins whilst doing it.
Living world takes time, but at least you know you’re progressing towards a mastery point and it’s not one based on luck. Also it does suck that it requires an additional purchase.

I agree with the sentiment of the thread. Locking mastery points away behind ludicrous time and or gold sinks is quite frustrating.

You seem to have it pretty easy, though. Sounds like you’ve gotten most, if not all, of the Fractal mastery points. That’s where I’m lacking, I now need to grind fractals (something I never bothered with prior HoT) to make up some mastery points.

Behellagh.1468

The number of times I’ve shown up to TTW only to see it fail is absurdly high. Hardly an easy 4 points. Diving Goggles has a couple behind JP and if JPs aren’t your thing for whatever reason you’re SOL (one at the end of the Not So Secret JP is especially annoying). Might as well be the 2K gold race armor one.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Luckily, I have all my Tyria MPs but I can feel your pain, OP-

I grinded the ascended armor. Over the course of when they apeared until the end of the last year. Not the most exciting thing I have ever done, but something that can be done on the sidelines.
I tried to grind ambrite and luminescent. Both are horrible to aquire and see you do either PvP which I loathe or hope for the slim chance one drops in Super Mario T… ehm Drytop, or a far worse fate, do the ls2 again…
Kill the bosses is RNG at it´s best, but is still considerably faster than choice 1 or 2.
Agree on TT and cultural armor.

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

The number of times I’ve shown up to TTW only to see it fail is absurdly high. Hardly an easy 4 points. Diving Goggles has a couple behind JP and if JPs aren’t your thing for whatever reason you’re SOL (one at the end of the Not So Secret JP is especially annoying). Might as well be the 2K gold race armor one.

If you just rock up to TT 5 minutes before kick off, yeah, you’re going to fail.

Use LFG and make sure you’re doing it with EVOs. Pretty high success rate.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Luckily, I have all my Tyria MPs but I can feel your pain, OP-

I grinded the ascended armor. Over the course of when they apeared until the end of the last year. Not the most exciting thing I have ever done, but something that can be done on the sidelines.
I tried to grind ambrite and luminescent. Both are horrible to aquire and see you do either PvP which I loathe or hope for the slim chance one drops in Super Mario T… ehm Drytop, or a far worse fate, do the ls2 again…
Kill the bosses is RNG at it´s best, but is still considerably faster than choice 1 or 2.
Agree on TT and cultural armor.

The ambrite weapons I got from a mixture of events in dry top to get the geodes and doing PvP dailies. There is a group of PvE people who have PvP dailies for other PvE people. You look for custom arenas that say daily and all welcome. The different arenas have different rules, but they are all PvE friendly and cooperative in getting the dailies done (except when you get a PvP person in there who deliberately breaks the custom arena’s rules). They are limited to the amount of daily PvP points you can get but if you do the dailies you can get through the track and get an unidentified fossil in about 6 days. It’s slow, but consistent progress and I got all mine that way except for a couple of lucky drops in drytop.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

yononan.8931

Because people complained about fairness. And ANet saw reason in the argument, making it more fair. This is not a matter of fairness. It’s completely different.

There are already 17 more available Mastery Points than you need to unlock everything in Tyria. That’s a line of four masteries worth of points. If you can’t manage to find something you can do in that much, then you’re not even trying.

Well, that would be find and dandy if a majority of them are attainable through ordinary means…

which they aren’t. They are gated behind really obscure JP’s or completing ridiculous collections… full cultural unlocks? Holy moly… for ONE point? LOL! I have to spend that gold on Ascended upgrades first!

I think you get my point.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Doesn’t look like more ways are needed.

It just looks like you need to play more ways. Stop excluding yourself from activities and content.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Besides which, this misses the OP’s point: gaining regular levels can be done anywhere; gaining Hero Points can be done in a variety of places; gaining xp for masteries can be done anywhere — however, gaining mastery points requires doing specific content; that’s the OP’s objection.

You and the OP aren’t thinking correctly.

Lets use your example of Hero Points. Lets say you got all but 6 of the Hero Points while getting them you had a variety of content, now there are only 6 left you need to do SPECIFIC content (specifically those 6 things). <- Remove “Hero Point” and replace with “Mastery Point” you now see that you are in the EXACT same situation.

You now just need to do the specific content you didn’t bother with before, you’ve gained all the Masteries you naturally would have and now need to do the content you missed. Same thing if you got all the Hero Points on your road through the map but now need to go back and get the ones you missed.

Do the diving, the Legendary mobs in SW and TT wurm. Most of that is new content for you, stop complaining that you didn’t get points for not doing stuff.