Can we have more ways to earn tyria M-points?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

For those of you saying ‘go do the dive achievement, takes ten minutes.’

I present to you the ‘not so secret jumping puzzle’ with the dive point right up the top of it. A jumping puzzle that is so tedious and relies on laggy mechanics to traverse (and more than half the time is instant, unavoidable death), I’m calling BS on this one.

I love jumping puzzles. I hate this particular one. That says a lot.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Now this game is sending me there AGAIN when i could use this time exploring NEW THINGS

So explore those new things, then. Work on the mastery points later. Why are you in such a hurry to get the mastery points. If you want to work on Winter’s Presence, or explore HoT, go for it. When you’ve got nothing else you want to do, then work on the Tyria mastery points. They aren’t going anywhere.

I don’t understand why you seem so panicked about the time commitment and how it will take away from time spent doing things you want to do. The only time limited content is the Wintersday stuff, so prioritize that, everything else can be done at your own pace.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

> Dive in various locations in tyria (seriously anet? this? a kittening mastery point??)

This takes about ten minutes and was made easier with Heart of Thorns.

> Kill the SW legendary bosses (Rng based boss spawn chance)

Easy.

Maybe when its easy in your opinion to camp a spot for 100 hours or whatever.
I’m still missing of one of them, and i only saw him once in all my hours in SW
and that was on an empty map, and kill him solo is defenitly not “easy”.

And 10 minutes for 20 or whatever diving jumps ? Seems your clock is ticking
different then mine o.O

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

The only thing about the current system that bugs me is the fact that wasting exp is a terrible feeling.

For example, in my case, I only have Fractal tier 3 and 4 left to master. If I work on grinding out mastery points all exp I earn is wasted. I would prefer it if exp continued to accumulate towards the next tier but perks were locked until the tier was actually unlocked with mastery points. At that point I would not mind as much the slog to get the painfully boring collection and obnoxiously specific, and in cases quite difficult, living story mastery achievements.

(edited by Llethander.3972)

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

I’m curious as to why central Tyria doesn’t have channelable mastery points like HoT does. That would eliminate all complaints, I think.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Clearly you haven’t exhausted the silverwaste content, hence your lack of masteries from that zone.

I did it enough time to conclude its not my cup of tea
You don’t seem to get my sense of this post I think

The problem is i’m forced to play type of content I don’t want to play

This game is advertised as a game that allows you to achieve the same thing in various ways

And for the record, I did sw well over a hundred times by now

Don’t be a kitten please

Why are you forced to play SW?

Is someone holding a gun to your head? Someone send help.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Why can’t I unlock tyria mastery’s through hot content?

Because it’s the oldworld masteries? I mean even a first-time player would probably figure that one out from the UI, that they’re separate.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Besides which, this misses the OP’s point: gaining regular levels can be done anywhere; gaining Hero Points can be done in a variety of places; gaining xp for masteries can be done anywhere — however, gaining mastery points requires doing specific content; that’s the OP’s objection.

You and the OP aren’t thinking correctly.

Lets use your example of Hero Points. Lets say you got all but 6 of the Hero Points while getting them you had a variety of content, now there are only 6 left you need to do SPECIFIC content (specifically those 6 things). <- Remove “Hero Point” and replace with “Mastery Point” you now see that you are in the EXACT same situation.

You now just need to do the specific content you didn’t bother with before, you’ve gained all the Masteries you naturally would have and now need to do the content you missed. Same thing if you got all the Hero Points on your road through the map but now need to go back and get the ones you missed.

Do the diving, the Legendary mobs in SW and TT wurm. Most of that is new content for you, stop complaining that you didn’t get points for not doing stuff.

Um, no. I believe the numbers suggest otherwise and regardless, it makes a stronger argument against the OP’s request if it’s true.
—————————————-

There are tons of places to gain hero points in core Tyria and tons of high-value locations in Magus Falls. For elite specs, you can do core Map Completion & a handful in Magus Falls or a bunch in Magus Falls, ignoring Core Tyria entirely. In both cases, you can avoid any specific area you want.

For masteries, there isn’t nearly as much leeway and so you cannot choose to avoid particular modes of the game.

However, regardless, I still don’t agree with the OP: I think the entire point of masteries is rewarding people for playing all the aspects of the game and so I think it’s entirely fair to require adventures and so on, even if those things aren’t my cup of tea.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

What really annoyed me was the MPs they award for tyria doing the personal story are based on chapters, not what you have done. Do all the races? Do all the orders? Good for you, but you only get credit for the first one that did a chapter. I can see it making sense that the second Asura do do the first 3 chapters should not get more mastery points. Your 1st Charr after that Asura should though.

Silly me, I fell for the ‘play your own way’. Fractals? Hate em. JPs? Yow. Personal story? Well, it looks interesting so I will give it a try. How was I to know I would be punished for putting my effort into playing what they were hyping rather than what they later gave lots of MPs for.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m getting fed up with ANet trying to entice me into doing every little, obscure activity they dream up by tying systems central to the game to them. Yes, I can certainly ignore those core systems, but of the two outcomes, I doubt that’s the one ANet prefers. Yet, it’s the one I’m choosing, over and over and over.

When I first heard about Masteries using the over-80 experience system, I thought, “Great. Finally, some little reward for playing the very many things I like to do in the game which up to now have rewarded jack-all.” Nope, they had to introduce points on top of XP. They had to tie them to everything they could think of. Yet another system that is not aimed at me. Fine.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I thought we were getting MP from XP as well as certain activities, not needing XP to be able to spend MP from activities that ANet though players should have been doing. Especially during the HoT beta where we saw players getting MP from what was equivalent to a POI or Vista.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes