Can we have shorts?

Can we have shorts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

I’m really hoping I’m not mistaken but why is it not possible to have shorts for male characters aside from those town clothes (khaki shorts?)
I can dress my female classes up so skimpy you can actually see things (see most human thief) but I can’t seem to find shorts or a t shirt looking chest for males. Only one I’ve found is a beginner rawhide chest.
Is it not a tad biased that if I play a male I have to make him head to toe covered up ?

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Saying it’s ‘biased’ is a bit of an emotive way of putting it. But I would like to see shorts for men myself all the same.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

I was just thinking the other day, how I would like to have some shorts in this game. I think the game could desperately use some more simple armor designs. Or, you know, just bring back all those great town clothes that have just been forgotten about it.

I think we have enough armor with random junk all over it, mismatched gloves, butt capes, asymmetrical sleeves, and shoulder pieces only covering one shoulder. I think my taste in armor is just in a complete opposite direction from gw2’s armor designers.

But, yeah, some nice simple shorts would be great.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This bothers me too.

I think there’s a good range of options for how much skin female characters show (although there could be more variety in other areas – e.g. fewer long coats on medium armour) but for males you’ve got relatively few options even for something as simple as bare arms.

It would be nice to have the option to show off charr fur patterns, norn tattoos and sylvari bioluminescence instead of hiding them under layers of clothing all the time.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Can we have shorts?

Napo.1230

I’m so happy I’m not the only one!
I think it would be great to have a casual kinda look as an alternative to the rest. I’m not talking comedy Hawaii 5 shorts or speedos but just some normal shorts that I can dye.
Danikat makes an excellent point, I’ve always wondered why the option for tattoos customisation exists since you can’t see it on males unless you actually run around naked.
Im slightly biased as I don shorts 90% of the year.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

The Sims is a few doors down, maybe that would suit ya better?

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Karmapolice.4193

Karmapolice.4193

You joke, but I would be all over a Guild Wars 2 Sims. Build a house in Divinity’s Reach, invite Destiny’s Edge over, try to drown Logan in the pool. It’d be great!

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well I guess if we can’t have pants …

If they do add shorts the complaint right after that will be the lack of sufficiently hairy legs.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That’s a bit harsh, CMM. This game is cosmetics-focused, it isn’t going into Sims territory to want more cosmetic options.

I miss my shorts from the town clothes. I didn’t care much for the male version (they were long baggy cargo shorts, but I got some good looks with the female ones. ANet really should put the town clothes skins back into game as armor or at least as outfits. Preferably without making us buy them again though I will concede that they refunded astronomical numbers of gems to me after taking away all the clothes I’d bought before the Wardrobe showed up. So perhaps they’d need to recoup the costs of converting them by selling them again in the gem store.

Attachments:

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I’m just teasing

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Sign me up! I want daisy dukes for my wide-bodied, male norn. Tyria just became a much more dangerous place for Asura.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Only if they’re short-shorts and sparkly. Like silver lame.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

You joke, but I would be all over a Guild Wars 2 Sims. Build a house in Divinity’s Reach, invite Destiny’s Edge over, try to drown Logan in the pool. It’d be great!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! Didn’t care for Logan’s ancestors, don’t care for him either.

But yeah, I’m with Danikat on this. I don’t get why there’s so many options for body/skin modification and little option to show flesh on males. I’ve always loved Norn tattoos and charr fur patterns, was disappointed to not be able to see more of them.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Mustbeghosts.7043

Mustbeghosts.7043

YES! Men should get the same variety of options that women have. Men are so covered-up!

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

If Anet releases shorts then the men will get regular shorts and the women will get the shortest shorts that ever shorted.

Logan goes to make a salad and somehow starts a fire and burns himself alive. Serves him right for trying to eat a Sylvari.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Deaths.9165

Deaths.9165

Yah, Bikini, Shorts, Schooluniform, Jeans, T-Shirt, Swimsuit, Skirt and so on. Well i have enough of outfits that does look like a product of some designers nightmares. The only outfit that fits is Jungle outfit. but nvm. I have nothing against some fantastic outfits but plz they all just look like comming from alice in the wonderland paranoia movie from Johnnie Dep.

Nvm. We wont get the usual stuff ne way

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

Its called Final Fantasy XIV and its got me hooked! Player housing alone is amazing!

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Those town cloths are beautiful, I don’t understand why we can’t wear them as an outfit or armor, makes absolutely no sense at all whatsoever to me.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

On my more testing days, I would likely brick him up in an empty room, with no company but a cheap fireplace and a rug in rather close proximity. Would starvation or fire get him first? Results will be documented for posterity and for science!

To the thread in hand!: Braham has shorts, but his general outfit is not to my taste, but neither are shorts. There should still be shorts. Said it only recently in rather too many confused words, but the chaps don’t half get short shrift (ha, ha, ha) with fashion in this game. Must be a bug.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

No more Trenchcoats for my Ranger please!

The Sylvari Ranger

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Norn T2 Cultural Armor Medium Pants. That’s right, us male Norn Rangers/Thieves/Engies can wear shorts and dye them.

I’m afraid I don’t have a shorts-only screenshot at hand, so here’s one with the rest of the Fairybear Priest costume, which shows off bits of the pink-dyed shorts:

Attachments:

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

(edited by cafard.8953)

Can we have shorts?

Napo.1230

Norn T2 Cultural Armor Medium Pants. That’s right, us male Norn Rangers/Thieves/Engies can wear shorts and dye them.

I’m afraid I don’t have a shorts-only screenshot at hand, so here’s one with the rest of the Fairybear Priest costume, which shows off bits of the pink-dyed shorts:

Why did I make my ranger a sylvari!!!!!!!

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Why are more men loving pink?

GW2 player housing would be awesome, even if it’s all instanced. I’d have my own little hut made of something simple like wood and straw, and furnish it with nothing but a bed and fireplace and area to hang up all my meat.

Guy shorts would be fine. Can we start with more arm/chest-showing things? I want to see shirtless guys.

Can we have shorts?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

+1 to shorts and pants. Make it gem store please so I can use on Medium armored characters. No more buttflaps!

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.