Can we just stop ?

Can we just stop ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Its worst now because of some unusable WPs in LS2. Can we just stop posting about mounts ???? Can you just see it will never happen ? They have reduced the usage of consumable item like elemental powder or pet whistle with a 30 minute cooldown to improve server performance. What do you think the mounts will do if not congest the servers ?? .. more kitten stuff that the server must calculate the position.

It will never happen, swallow the pill … get over it .. Mounts in Gw2 is a DOA idea.

If you want mounts go play another game. In GW2 you will never Kill Tequalt while riding a Pink Moa .. go play Joust the arcade game instead.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Mounts in Gw2 is a DOA idea.

Dead or Alive? or maybe Domain of Anguish? OMG NIGHTFALL CONFIRMED

But honestly, I think that if there’s enough money to be made then it will definitely happen. Reason why it’s not already a reality is because customers have been satisfaction isn’t that high due to a lot of costumes and armors being gem-only items. If they run out of that, chances are good they’ll replace it with something else – like mounts.

(edited by ASB.4295)

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Wait a minute. You want posts about mounts to stop yet you posted a thread about mounts. In turn it will open the debate back up about mounts. Odd…

And for the record..

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

Honestly this is a post I thought about doing myself. Every week there is three or four new threads talking about needing mounts in game. We don’t need them. It would be just like Farming Flats.5370 said, slow the kitten servers down. Do people not realize this. Is it that hard to understand.

Hjorje

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

They really should just sticky a thread about

• Mounts
  • Duels
  • Cantha
  • Elona
  • New Race
  • New Class
  • New Legendarys
  • Precursors (Crafting & Scavenger Hunt)
  • Guild Vs Guild
  • Guild Halls
  • Player Housing

After that just merge all the threads that pop up about those topics into the corresponding one or delete the new thread while giving the “A discussion already exists about <InsertTopicHere> post your thoughts / concerns here <ProvideLink>”

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

• Mounts
  • Duels
  • Cantha
  • Elona
  • New Race
  • New Class
  • New Legendarys
  • Guild Vs Guild
  • Guild Halls
  • Player Housing

After that just merge all the threads that pop up about those topics into the corresponding one or delete the new thread while giving the “A discussion already exists about <InsertTopicHere> post your thoughts / concerns here <ProvideLink>”

Why? It’s just as easy for them to ignore multiple topics as it is for them to ignore the one.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Why? It’s just as easy for them to ignore multiple topics as it is for them to ignore the one.

It was more for the general forum reader. So as to not see the same topic crop up over and over. Rehashed again & again. Sometimes even multiples on the same page of the forum….

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

They have reduced the usage of consumable item like elemental powder or pet whistle with a 30 minute cooldown to improve server performance. What do you think the mounts will do if not congest the servers ?? .. more kitten stuff that the server must calculate the position.

That… is completely flawed…

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Honestly this is a post I thought about doing myself. Every week there is three or four new threads talking about needing mounts in game. We don’t need them. It would be just like Farming Flats.5370 said, slow the kitten servers down. Do people not realize this. Is it that hard to understand.

So because they can’t update their technology, we shouldn’t have a feature that many have been clamoring for?

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But there’s a mount in game already!

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

They have reduced the usage of consumable item like elemental powder or pet whistle with a 30 minute cooldown to improve server performance. What do you think the mounts will do if not congest the servers ?? .. more kitten stuff that the server must calculate the position.

Ok so you want more clutter ? your FPS will go down even more .. even if my statement is flawed or not ..

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

So because they can’t update their technology, we shouldn’t have a feature that many have been clamoring for?

You dont have to implement mounts you know, look at this heart quest as an example. Anet can theorically create a special tonic that just moves really fast. It already been implemented in a heart quest.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_Scholar_Olenn_trick_the_grawl_around_the_Tail_of_the_Star_God

either way, I rather anet lower wp fees

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Can we just stop ?

Destai.9603

• Mounts
  • Duels
  • Cantha
  • Elona
  • New Race
  • New Class
  • New Legendarys
  • Guild Vs Guild
  • Guild Halls
  • Player Housing

A few of those were promised shortly after launch and have all be forgotten about. Mounts and duels are standard for the genre, with duels being great for practice. You could even have those in the non-existent Guild Halls! As for Cantha, Elona – yes, some of us actually to explore more of Tyria than one tiny corridor of a zone.

Maybe they could give us an update on these things.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

• Mounts
  • Duels
  • Cantha
  • Elona
  • New Race
  • New Class
  • New Legendarys
  • Guild Vs Guild
  • Guild Halls
  • Player Housing

We already have massive threads that are completely ignored, we don’t really need more ways for ArenaNet to show us just how much they like to flip the bird in our direction by closing even more threads that mention any single topic you mentioned above.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

• Mounts
  • Duels
  • Cantha
  • Elona
  • New Race
  • New Class
  • New Legendarys
  • Guild Vs Guild
  • Guild Halls
  • Player Housing

A few of those were promised shortly after launch and have all be forgotten about. Mounts and duels are standard for the genre, with duels being great for practice. You could even have those in the non-existent Guild Halls! As for Cantha, Elona – yes, some of us actually to explore more of Tyria than one tiny corridor of a zone.

Maybe they could give us an update on these things.

Which few. I know about precursor crafting. I don’t remember anything else being promised, even though a few things have been mentioned as stuff they’d eventually like to do.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

So…the OP, unless I am reading the post incorrectly, is not in favor of mounts. The post, though, is not so much a blatant statement against mounts as it is against threads that favor mounts. Without really passing any judgment at all on the mount issue itself, we might extend this argument to any thread that supports something that we don’t want to see in the game. So, for me:

No more threads about dueling
No more threads about removing waypoints
No more threads about player or guild housing
No more threads about GvG

I jest, I jest. No, I do not want to see those things in the game myself but I realize that those are important to other people. Part of the purpose for forums, at least for me, is to gain some insight into what is on the minds of other players, whether I agree with them or not.

So…respect that there are different opinions about some of these topics and, if we remain civil and respectful, the forums seem a good place to discuss them.

Can we just stop ?

Hjorje.9453

Honestly, for me, I want people to find the old threads and add to them. It gets old seeing new threads popping up every week about the same things that would be just as easy to look a couple pages back and add to one that is already there.

No I am against mounts, I think they are stupid and have no place in GW2. Now they may have their place in other games and I may use them there, but not here. So seeing these threads do annoy me more then others that annoy me because I am not in favor of them.

But the OP also brings up a good point. Consumable summons were fixed because of how taxing they are on the servers, wouldn’t mounts to the same thing.

Hjorje

Can we just stop ?

HHR LostProphet.4801

Ok so you want more clutter ? your FPS will go down even more .. even if my statement is flawed or not ..

Mounts are no NPC’s. It’s just another look for your character while he’s moving faster…
Instead of your character running around, your character sits on a mount while it’s running around.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Please add /inspect to the list.

There are plenty of discussions that have already occurred. For new players, an ability to easily find those discussions may help new players understand:

(1) that their concerns / desires have already been expressed and

(2) why their suggestions have not already been implemented.

As a comical side note: mounts would negate the entire current story arc of LS2 with leylines / waypoints. <liptwitch>

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This has nothing to do with updating technology, slow servers or “many” players clamoring for a feature. Mounts are absolutely unnecissary in the game and against GW lore since lore existed.

Period.

FULL STOP.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I’ll be fine with this game having mounts, so long as:

1.) They DO NOT provide any form of boost.

and 2.) I have a toggle option to hide them all.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Tyria is much too small to incorporate mounts. I’d be more susceptible to the idea if about 80%-90% of the existing waypoints were removed (or “destroyed by the vines” or whatever). As it is, fast travel is just too easy and an already small world will become seemingly much smaller.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I wouldn’t say mounts are against GW lore, except perhaps in the “traditional” sense of mounts … but some of my more favorite parts of GW1 were riding the Junundu across the Desolation or just wandering around the Charr Homelands on the back of a siege devourer … so there is precedent for mounted travel in GW. Owning a mount that you can use whenever, though, is a different matter altogether.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

There is a problem in that the SEARCH funtion has never worked in these forums. Add to that, that if you try to add to a thread that isn’t new, the moderators will often lock it and tell you to start a new one… but… sometimes not… ’cuz they be messing with us all the time.

I agree some things should be stickied. Then we can stop making multiple of the same thread, rehashing everything until well past dead.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

There is a problem in that the SEARCH funtion has never worked in these forums. Add to that, that if you try to add to a thread that isn’t new, the moderators will often lock it and tell you to start a new one… but… sometimes not… ’cuz they be messing with us all the time.

I agree some things should be stickied. Then we can stop making multiple of the same thread, rehashing everything until well past dead.

Agreed….good points.

Can we just stop ?

HHR LostProphet.4801

There is a problem in that the SEARCH funtion has never worked in these forums.

The forums are representative for the game itself. Key-elements don’t work or are flawed but the game runs… somehow. That is obvioulsy enough, no fixes needed.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

They have reduced the usage of consumable item like elemental powder or pet whistle with a 30 minute cooldown to improve server performance.

In GW2 you will never Kill Tequatl

Funny you happen to mention both things. Since the consumable nerf was EXACTLY because of TTS mass spamming them to kill Tequatl. There wasn’t a problem with them in regular usage.

As a comical side note: mounts would negate the entire current story arc of LS2 with leylines / waypoints. <liptwitch>

Or, maybe this is building up to the destruction of most way points in game. Opening up the need for some glorious mounts! Yes please!!!!!! Hey, they are trying to find any means of getting people back into the “dead” zones.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I don’t have a problem with people making threads about mounts …. none of them have demonstrated what purpose they would serve the game or a problem they would solve. Therefore, haven’t given a reason why Anet should waste their time coding them in.

Show us the benefits vs. the costs, then we can have a real discussion.

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This has nothing to do with updating technology, slow servers or “many” players clamoring for a feature. Mounts are absolutely unnecissary in the game and against GW lore since lore existed.

Period.

FULL STOP.

And this is just absolutely 100% total biased pure NONSENSE

PS: and more I won’t post about this topic, because i know it will lead only again in infractions and its just a full waste of time to try to talk with biased mount scared people that aren’t open or willing at all to discuss about mounts in any constructive way

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Gonna save this one for future dead horse flogging.

Attachments:

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Or, maybe this is building up to the destruction of most way points in game. Opening up the need for some glorious mounts! Yes please!!!!!! Hey, they are trying to find any means of getting people back into the “dead” zones.

How will mounts bring people back to “dead” zones ?

Can we just stop ?

Destai.9603

Period.

FULL STOP.

Nope. Not stopping. They keep deeming anything resembling MMORPG standards UNNECESSARY. There’s a lot of things are that unnecessary – like decorative backpacks – but people get them. Even if it were cosmetic, mounts would be a great addition. And exactly which lore is it against? Link me.

I suppose that may be why humans lost to the Charr, they couldn’t ride a horse into battle. Meanwhile, Charr have tanks in their capital. That’s lore driven. By your logic, it’d be more okay to add that than a horse.

Can we just stop ?

Destai.9603

This sounds entirely reasonable.

Can we just stop ?

Hjorje.9453

As much as I am against mounts, that is something that sounds reasonable to me.

Hjorje

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

What’s your definition of “many”? The few here who have posted about it? Ok, so that’s maybe a very optimistic 30 people. Yea, with that many demanding it, I guess you’re right…..lol.

Fwiw, I have heard very few players in game even mention them. I have a feeling that it is probably just wishful thinking that ‘many have been clamoring for it’. Mounts are an old school way of traveling in old school style mmos, and imo, that’s where they belong. Now, I wouldn’t have any problem with mounts being just cosmetic and only allowed in major cities…..people could ride around on their shinys for all to see without mucking up the larger parts of the world.

Also, I would assume that the devs have much higher priorities in game than mounts. I really doubt if we’ll see them anytime soon, if ever. People already complain about lag and performance issues……mounts would only make that a ton worse.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The people who want mounts are thinking too small. We need to be able to ride giant insects I tell you! (Or at least invertebrates)

Something like this will melt the heart of any non mount person.

Attachments:

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

See what you did OP? You made a thread about not posting about mounts into yet another mount thread.

The Burninator

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Aline Castro.9820

Aline Castro.9820

See what you did OP? You made a thread about not posting about mounts into yet another mount thread.

Maybe it was his secret plan all along :P

“Aww yeah!? Bart c’mere. You c’mere. Aww yeah!?”
Aline Josephly (Ranger) / Aline de Gonzalez (Warrior) / Leah Gonzalez (Mesmer)

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Agreed…that sounds very reasonable. And being able to toggle them off would solve any sort of performance hogging issues.

One question, though? If you could toggle them off, would that then show other players with mounts hovering in the air in silly sorts of riding positions with nothing under them? Hmmmm, I kind of like that idea……would be silly looking absurdness…

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think it would be fair to bring mounts into the game. If Taimi can have a mount in PvE, we should be able to have one too! The mechanics are there already. We can go into a Siege Devourer, Golems, and even a Minotaur on special occasions. I say release that Kraken, and open up the option to use these whenever we want!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think it would be fair to bring mounts into the game. If Taimi can have a mount in PvE, we should be able to have one too!

You can. You just need to play an asura and make use of their racial skills.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think it would be fair to bring mounts into the game. If Taimi can have a mount in PvE, we should be able to have one too!

You can. You just need to play an asura and make use of their racial skills.

That sounds like racial discrimination to me. Us Bookahs deserve mounts too!

What would Kormir say to this imbalance? She is the Goddess of Truth, and the truth is, we need mounts!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Someone will still post a mount thread since the word is not in the title :P

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Agreed…that sounds very reasonable. And being able to toggle them off would solve any sort of performance hogging issues.

One question, though? If you could toggle them off, would that then show other players with mounts hovering in the air in silly sorts of riding positions with nothing under them? Hmmmm, I kind of like that idea……would be silly looking absurdness…

Seeing people floating along in a riding position across the landscape has just won the whole argument.

/thread

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i like mounts, and if you don’t like it , nobody is forcing you to use it.

just like when wps were asked to be removed, nobody is forcing me to use it right?

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I wish Scarlet backpiece has a toggle. They are terribly ugly.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

I dunno who likes the idea or not, but I’d gladly pay 20 euros for a mount.

Glorious Human Master Race

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

• Mounts
  • Duels
  • Cantha
  • Elona
  • New Race
  • New Class
  • New Legendarys
  • Guild Vs Guild
  • Guild Halls
  • Player Housing

Or..

They could start developing the stuff that their customers are asking for?

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What would Kormir say to this imbalance?

“You never ride alone”.
Then she would take away your mount for herself, and ride into the sunset. Leaving you standing, stratching your head and wondering what the kitten just happened.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Can we just stop ?

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

No just make them look like they are running normally.