Can we know how healthy the servers are?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tharjax.9068

Tharjax.9068

Just out of curiosity, would ANet ever let us know how healthy the servers are? What the population is like compared to the first week of release as far as how many active players logged in the last 3 days?

If they can’t give us the info, is there a reason to be secretive about it?

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

From my friends list and guildies and what not, most gamers have calmed down (no kiddin’?!) and log in now and then a few hours everyday, i have around 10-20 on my friends list i see around 80% logging in to play now and then… And the guild i am in has a really healthy pop around 70+ prime time.

Seems like we have more now than before… I guess Word spreads…
And all this during MoP, i thought it would slow down alot more but it didn’t.

Google how many copies sold and just take a wild guess.

Posted by: silencer.5028

silencer.5028

MMO companies usually don’t give out precise numbers, unless its muddled down PR releases boasting sales (and usually being very generous with them), the amount of divining it causes usually hurts the game in the long run.

Of course, the divining going on without those numbers can be equally damaging, but thats probably a different debate completely. Considering no monthly sub, it might be mildly trickier to determine retention (though not impossible, for instance it could be done via unique account logins in a given day/week/month/etc) most MMO companies prefer to err on the side of caution on this regard.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

probably a lot lower than at launch, which is even normal for a subscription game (you can put off real life convictions just for so long after launch), even more so without the “but you payed”-imp on your shoulder.

Posted by: Gilandred.9870

Gilandred.9870

Their competitor’s don’t give out server numbers, so why should they?

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Why does it really matter? You can x-fer servers 1x a week.

Posted by: Fivelakes.3985

Fivelakes.3985

Why oh why would they keep server stats to themselves? Well my completely uneducated guess would be; because if you show someone a line of people queuing up to hurl themselves off a sinking ship they tend to want to get in that line.

Though, while I’m sure we’ll here about any significant rise in the player base, I’m gonna guess like most player dependent games, they’re gonna hold those particular cards close to their vet.

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

id like to know stuff like this as well, and fun things like what is the most played race and profession so far. or what is the most used crafting job. other then the cursed shore what is the most played area. just fun stats stuff like that.

Posted by: Knuckledust.5621

Knuckledust.5621

ArenaNet doesn’t need to provide this information, a simple “full” on the server list is enough to keep the fanboys thinking the game is a huge success, even if full means there are 3k players playing.