Can we make harvesting more efficient?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

Can we make the harvesting tools keep harvesting and end until THE LAST resource is mined, and not just 3 at a time? Cause I’m really not liking how you can waste a few charges if you, say, had a node with 4 hits. I know you could cancel right before hit, but that’s still plain annoying a possible waste of rare harvesting tool charges.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

buy an unlimited use harvesting tool… problem solved.

AVM.5746

No it doesn’t.You still have to cancel after the node is used up to get out of the animation, lower levels can’t use the unlimited ones, and there’s still the problem of wasting charges on the rare harvesting tools with limited charges.

(edited by AVM.5746)

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

It, uh…. doesn’t waste charges, as far as I’ve ever seen. Oh, it’ll run the animation through to the end (and as you said, it’s easy to manually cancel that), but I’m pretty sure that it stops using up the tool after you empty the node.

mcwurth.2081

dont need to cancle, also is it actually true that it uses up the two extra “hits”? I dont think so. ( inever really cared tbh)
You dont need to buy 12. i got one of each and they are on the character i play the most, and if I go on another character and play that for a while i just put it in bank and take it for a few days/hours. I always log out around a bank/crafting station.

besides I dont see the issue where you can just harvest and the 4th time just press W and move where you want.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

You don’t need to buy an unlimited harvesting set for each and every character you have. I only have the one set (Mad Scientist’s) that I trade between my three characters.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You don’t waste charges in those cases. The animation finishes, but you won’t lose charges unless something is gathered.

AVM.5746

Regardless I feel the tools can be streamlined with the right coding: IF node is 0 then stop animation. I believe this this could make things smoother just by hitting once and that’s it. No need to keep hitting activate every 3 hits.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Seriously?

I did the math AGES ago (to prove this point to someone else in my personal life), but essentially, since you make back the money you’d spend on crafting tools about 10 fold by both exploration (events and map opening, not to mention dungeons, etc) and through selling excess mats after a time, this whole using up thing is silly. Carry enough or just pop back to a merchant and buy more.

It really doesn’t take THAT much time or energy to do this in game and it gives you time to clear inventory as well. I just…what?

Why is this even a thing?

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

mcwurth.2081

Regardless I feel the tools can be streamlined with the right coding: IF node is 0 then stop animation. I believe this this could make things smoother just by hitting once and that’s it. No need to keep hitting activate every 3 hits.

but what does it really matter? it doesnt kill you , use up resources or break the game in any way. other then stealing 1 and a half second of your time (if you dont just run away) what is the issue. I am fairly sure arenanet is aware of things like this and at some point they may or may not fix this, but it is so minor i doubt they will ever fix it. I think most people just live with it/deal with it as it is because it doesnt steal tool usage (we all been looking at our equipment tab while doing this).

Sorry if i seem to be hating on you I am really not, just a matter of different thinking.

mcwurth.2081

Seriously?

I did the math AGES ago (to prove this point to someone else in my personal life), but essentially, since you make back the money you’d spend on crafting tools about 10 fold by both exploration (events and map opening, not to mention dungeons, etc) and through selling excess mats after a time, this whole using up thing is silly. Carry enough or just pop back to a merchant and buy more.

It really doesn’t take THAT much time or energy to do this in game and it gives you time to clear inventory as well. I just…what?

Why is this even a thing?

you might have misunderstood what he ment

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

No it doesn’t.You still have to cancel after the node is used up to get out of the animation, lower levels can’t use the unlimited ones, and there’s still the problem of wasting charges on the rare harvesting tools with limited charges.

There is no minimum lvl for the unlimited tools. I pass them to my key farmer all the time.