Can we name the mounts? PLEEASE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Please please please! Can we have the option to name our mounts like we can for the pets of the ranger?
Please???
:D

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

It’s weird though. I can see why they didn’t do it – the mounts don’t really exist in the world outside of your character, so if you’re sitting there on your mount with your name over your head, where would the mount’s name go?

I can understand why you want it. Part of me wishes the mounts were independent of the character also (like they work in Black Desert, for example), but they are also cool this way because the flow of going on and off will be much faster.

Posted by: Lanhelin.3480

Lanhelin.3480

According to what I read in other threads regarding poor size scaling on big characters, I’d be happy to rename my Raptor to Pocket Raptor on my Charr chars.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

It’s weird though. I can see why they didn’t do it – the mounts don’t really exist in the world outside of your character, so if you’re sitting there on your mount with your name over your head, where would the mount’s name go?

I would like to have a mountname too but this is a very good point.

If I could name my raptor though, I’d call it Binky to stay in line with my ranger pet names.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

You can name your mount whatever you want. You just can’t display that name to other players.

What you want is a name tag, which would be neat, if possible.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You can name it whatever you want. Why does anyone else have to see it for you to name it?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

You can name it whatever you want. Why does anyone else have to see it for you to name it?

because your moutn becomes part of your character#s and its identity, its a symbol of what your character is the moment you have chosen what mount you ride.. it will say something out about you and that is a form of expresion, that people wnat to show others… same as much as fashion is an expression form of your personality.

Same as much as why you give pets as a ranger a name, wbecause you have a personality, that you want to express to others, your pet should have some kind of personality, that you want to express to others by lettign them see, how your pet is called and thats exactly the same wish people have naturally for their mounts as well, because practically is a mount nothign different than just a pet, with the only difference, that they are much bigger and that you can ride this time on them around in the game.

I’m pro Mount Names as well.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It would be pointless as the mount doesn’t have a name plate like ranger pets do.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

We can’t even report bad ranger pet names in any swift capacity. Definitely wouldn’t be able to report bad mount pet names if they were visible to players. So that’d be a No for me, unless reporting is updated.

As a personal item though, sure. It could display the “skill” name as the mount’s name, instead of just “raptor” or whatev.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

It doesn’t matter if it has a name plate or not, we should still be able to name it. Ditto for mini pets. It impacts immersion as an individual player.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

given what I seen some name their pets . be nice if anet does not make it happen or also give a choice to report the players with a bad pet name .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

It would be pointless as the mount doesn’t have a name plate like ranger pets do.

nothign that can’t be quickly changed and added to the game that if you ride your mount and you press K, that instead of the pet name window pops up instead then the mount name window.

The othe point is just adding a name plate for mounts either or improving the name plate of the wither with an extension the moment you ride on your mount.

Max Exampleman not riding = Name Plat for your Character alone which people see.

Now while you are on your mount.

Max Exampleman riding on “Fury” if you have given your Mount a name…
Max Exampleman riding on “Juvenile Raptor” if you have given your Moutn yet no name

Simple way to show your mount’s name by just extending the name plate of our characters.
Then there would be no need to add for the mount an individual extra own Name Plate.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Trise.2865

Trise.2865

Thinking about it, there might be a way to use a Title as a mount name tag. It would replace your equipped Title with “Riding [mount name]” while mounted, and display as “[mount type] Rider” without a name added.

The problem is, each title check adds precious ms to ping. Ranger pets can only be swapped every 20 sec at most, so that difference is negligible, but players will be switching mounts rapidly as the situation changes.

(edited by Trise.2865)