Can we please be able to mystically flush…..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rizsen.8475

Rizsen.8475

All these extra Ascended materials that keep piling up in my bank…I’m of course talking about Dragonite ore, Bloodstone dust and Empyreal fragments. My characters are drowning in it!

Something like this would be nice.

In the mystic forge:

Dragonite ore (250) – Bloodstone dust (250) – Empyreal fragments (250) – Mystic stone (hey, maybe players will actually buy them now!)

You have a chance of getting the following:

Tier one (highest chance) – (250) of X Ascended material (ha! You lose) or Silk Scraps (50) or Mithril ore (50) or Elder wood log (50) or Thick leather (50)

Tier two (lower chance) – Tier six fine crafting materials (5-20) or Obsidian Shards (5-10) or Mystic clovers (3) or X Loadstone (2-5)

Tier three (lowest chance) – Spiritwood plank (1) or Deldrimor steel ingot (1) or Bolt of Damask (1) or Elonian Leather Square (1)

I don’t think this would crash the economy, but it will bring down the cost of Ascended materials, which in turn would help bring down the cost of the precursor collections. As we all know, the current state of them is a little too high when you factor in time spent.

I’m sure when Anet made these Ascended materials they didn’t want people deleting full stacks of them daily.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I’m sure when Anet made these Ascended materials they didn’t want people deleting full stacks of them daily.

Anet has given us access to tools to prevent this. ;-)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mawdrey_II
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Star_of_Gratitude
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Princess
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Herta

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

And then time gated them all even though the resource amount was gate enough.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That’s why they added in the consumers – to prevent deleting. Both the dragonite and Bloodstone dust are currently in game to get right now

Also why are precursor collections “too expensive”? Mine didn’t really cost me anything and as for time spent, they are meant to be very long term goals anyway.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Generally speaking, it seems to me that the vast majority of the community is divided on ascended mats:

• 38% of players end up with stacks and stacks of one unrefined mat, far in excess of what the ‘eater’ can consume.
  • 14% of players end up with too much of two or more of the mats.
  • 43% of players end up with too few and ‘suddenly’ feel forced to grind content in order to generate enough to make ascended gear.
  • 5% of players have “just enough” to suit their needs, including gearing up and throwing to eaters.

Yes, I made up those numbers, strictly to illustrate the idea: nearly everyone thinks the ascended mat faucets are tuned wrong, but there’s no agreement about whether it’s way too high or way too low, or even whether the tuning needs to be adjusted for all three or just one or two.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I have Mawdrey, Star and Princess and luckily for me, between them and crafting, I am able to keep my Ascended Materials in check.

I must admit, I have also majorly reduced my gameplay time since much of the required group philosophy released in HoT has not been designed for my gaming style, c’est la vie.

If the eaters are not disposing enough, try crafting as much as you can into bricks, ingots and stars; at least they take a whole lot less inventory space and can still be downgraded back into their base materials if needed.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Also keep in mind that here are some materials now that can only be acquired by salvaging ascended gear, creating further uses/sinks for these materials. Especially if those materials start to see use outside of certain legendary collections.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Those went into my bank and now clog my bank inventory.. I get way more ascended mats than those things can eat. I just right click delete about a stack of each every other day

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I have all these. I’m still drowning in my two bank tabs full of Empyreal fragments.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Those went into my bank and now clog my bank inventory.. I get way more ascended mats than those things can eat. I just right click delete about a stack of each every other day

You fall into my category 2: “14% of players end up with too much of two or more of the mats.”

I have all these. I’m still drowning in my two bank tabs full of Empyreal fragments.

And you fall into category 1: 38% of players end up with stacks and stacks of one unrefined mat, far in excess of what the ‘eater’ can consume.

Not everyone has too many though; there are plenty of people who don’t have enough when they need them.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

There is another alternative where you can get rid as many as you want. Do crafting refinement of these materials at crafting level 450+. You can get rid of as many as you want, without no time restriction.

Posted by: malachi.7503

malachi.7503

I’d love it if they’d give us the option of doing something useful with a lot of that stuff. It just piles up and you don’t need as much as you end up with. I have almost an entire bank tab full of dragonite, fragments and other things because for some reason i think I might need it. When I take all that soulbound gear to a forge I end up with 3/4 combination, and for some reason can’t seem to put 4 pieces together at once.
How bout we get rid of the soulbound tag all together. personally I think its a bit redundant to fill up my inventory with soulbound items I then have to take to a forge to transform it into something I can breakdown or sell.

No Retreat No Surrender

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

There is another alternative where you can get rid as many as you want. Do crafting refinement of these materials at crafting level 450+. You can get rid of as many as you want, without no time restriction.

All whilst using up obsidian shards and gold. When you already have a full stack of each refined mat that you’ll never use. No thanks.

Posted by: ThatDamnRat.1236

ThatDamnRat.1236

You fall into my category 2: “14% of players end up with too much of two or more of the mats.”

And you fall into category 1: 38% of players end up with stacks and stacks of one unrefined mat, far in excess of what the ‘eater’ can consume.

Not everyone has too many though; there are plenty of people who don’t have enough when they need them.

Some people may well not have enough, but that isn’t actually relevant to the issue in this thread, there is an overabundance for a lot of people, and the current sinks are inadequate. This is a fact as the two posters you’ve quoted attest to this. Adding new sinks that actually produce something vaguely worthwhile aren’t going to hurt those without an excess.

reapex.8546

All whilst using up obsidian shards and gold. When you already have a full stack of each refined mat that you’ll never use. No thanks.

If you never use it, that’s your choice.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

LOL using useless mats to make a third uselsss material. That does bring up a good point, an obby shard eater needs to be implemented those stacks are becoming kitteniance too.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

It should be obvious that many of these resources are being deleted because those tools that were created to resolve the issue, force you to play in a specific game mode.

Remove that restriction will allow players to make each tool and actually want more of those resources. Having the resources available in each game mode but then gating the tools behind specific game modes is the problem.

For example, if you dont play PvP you wont be getting Mawdry and will be deleting thousands of bloodstone dust a month.

It cant be that hard to make the tools available where the resources are available.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Yes please remove the time gate on the consumers/eaters and let us get rid of our stockpiles of ascended materials, something is very wrong when getting ascended materials drop feels like its trash.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

For example, if you dont play PvP you wont be getting Mawdry and will be deleting thousands of bloodstone dust a month.

Did you mean PVE?

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Did you mean PVE?

No he is talking in regards to getting asc mats from champ bags within reward tracks. A good portion of spvp that only spvp aren’t leveled past whats needed to go to pvp arena since it auto scales you up. Mawdry requires a hefty time investment in pve areas.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Did you mean PVE?

No he is talking in regards to getting asc mats from champ bags within reward tracks. A good portion of spvp that only spvp aren’t leveled past whats needed to go to pvp arena since it auto scales you up. Mawdry requires a hefty time investment in pve areas.

Ah, I see.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some people may well not have enough, but that isn’t actually relevant to the issue in this thread, there is an overabundance for a lot of people, and the current sinks are inadequate. This is a fact as the two posters you’ve quoted attest to this. Adding new sinks that actually produce something vaguely worthwhile aren’t going to hurt those without an excess.

On the contrary, the issue at hand is that some people have too much and some have too little; there’s no ‘fair’ solution to that. If the faucets are increased (for the “too little” crowd), then more people would have too much. If the sinks are increased (for the “too much” folks), then the game adds pressure to others to farm — that adds to the sense of grind, something that most people would prefer to avoid.

So we probably won’t agree as to the severity of the issue. I hope, however, you can agree it’s not as easy as ‘just adding more sinks’.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Personally, I would rather suggest the following as a potential recipe (and have in the past, before Material Eaters were introduced):

[250 Raw Ascended Material “A”] +
[250 Raw Ascended Material “B”] +
[3 Mystic Forge Stones] OR something like that +
[5 Philosopher’s Stones] OR maybe [1 Mystic Coin] =
[(11-50) Raw Ascended Material “C”]

NOT the refined version (ingot, star, brick), just the raw versions.

As one of the above posts said, sometimes, there is a huge abundance of two types, but not the third. THIS could rectify such inequities. It could work for any two of the three (dust/fragments/ore) to produce the third. That’s why I didn’t use specific names in the recipe. The resultant amount is low in the way that existing Material Promotion recipes turn a full stack into a bit more than a pittance, but far less than you put in.

If you just want to clear them out? Yeah, use the Eaters. Sure, they only take about 200-250 daily, but if you’re earning more than that per day, you’re kind of overfarming. Trash the rest and take the loss.

reapex.8546

LOL using useless mats to make a third uselsss material. That does bring up a good point, an obby shard eater needs to be implemented those stacks are becoming kitteniance too.

Third mat that takes up less room, yes.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Those mats → Lesser Vision Crystal → Heat Stone → easy profit, even if you have to buy the other ingredients. Shhhhh! Don’t tell anyone I told you…