Can we please get the Batwing Brew for cobs? [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SansSariph.9548

SansSariph.9548

I opened 3000 ToT bags today – got mini Gwyn (awesome), 4 Devil Dogs, 2 Visaggos, 1 Pumpkin Smasher, and a bunch of interesting stuff I didn’t know was on the loot table (500 luck essence, a bunch of charged quartz), and more junk than I know what to do with.

No Endless Bottle of Batwing Brew.

I decided to just pay the 80g to buy one, but now it’s all the way up to 131g bid. Only five are for sale, so I think someone is buying up all the supply…

This is really sad.

Could we please get an alternate way to get this item? Candy corn cobs seems ideal. I’d hate to be unable to finish Nightfury just because someone decided to corner the market on a super RNG item.

(edited by SansSariph.9548)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Up to 200 gold sell order now.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: bLUR.7035

bLUR.7035

Sell order 1,200 now.

Posted by: Dire Rut.6439

Dire Rut.6439

Is it me or is there literally only 1 left on the trading post for 1,200g lol. Glad I picked one up before, I suppose.

Posted by: bLUR.7035

bLUR.7035

There’s one listed for 500 now. Silly guy who listed it for 1.2k

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

I remember when the awesome shoulder skins used to just be in ToT bags, now you gotta shell out 800g lol. I feel bad for returning players (for HoT) who don’t have much gold, they probably saw how gold gated this new events is compared to the first Halloween and just puked all over the monitor.

(edited by Substatic.6958)

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I just wish we could get the book from the first Halloween…please anet…

/a player who was running to the person to finish the book off and got booted to updated

Oh, and has anyone figured out the whole crafting of those shoulders yet?

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

SansSariph.9548

I just opened a second mini Gwyn. Can I please sell her for 100 cobs? :|

Posted by: Henke.6379

Henke.6379

kitten , I sold one for 80g =/

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I got one a day or two ago… With this thread I’m not sure if I want to sell it or hold out now. =O

Got it out of a ToT bag for clarification.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

RNG Gods ladies and gentlemen at its finest

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

Could we please get an alternate way to get this item? Candy corn cobs seems ideal. I’d hate to be unable to finish Nightfury just because someone decided to corner the market on a super RNG item.

Hopefully Anet wont do that.
You need as much luck for it as for legys.
I got mine yesterday

Posted by: Plazar.8946

Plazar.8946

On 23rd, I bough 1000 ToT bags, got 2 batwing brews, checked the TP for price and it was 36g, sold 1 kept the 2nd one, the next day, I come online see every1 talking about Night Fury, saw that the brew is used in tre recipe, checked the tp again and the price was 160g, i was sad and happy at the same time sad that I sold 1 for 36, and happy 1 kept the otherone

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Someone bought them all out. The price will fall back down because they are still actively dropping from Halloween. Just keep an eye on the price, or put in a lower buy order.

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

It’s increasingly hard to look forward to things in this game. Every cool looking item is locked either behind gemstore or ridiculous gold wall/grind. With amount of gold/stuff you need for Nightfury it should be legendary quality item.

Posted by: Phoenix.5047

Phoenix.5047

Mostly this is just to vent about the excess RNG and price associated with these two items, and to a lesser extent, the battered bat wings.
The bat wings, at least, can be found within a reasonable amount of time by simply farming AtM. Fine.
The brew? Thousands, and thousands of bags opened, and it’s possible to never get one. I still haven’t. And now it’s nearing 500g. Gating something behind that much RNG is simply ludicrous.
Collection-based precursors had the right idea; Mad King Memoires had the right idea.
Spending time playing the game, interesting adventures, that makes for a compelling experience, and fun.
Instead it’s “Have enough money or get kittened”. Wasn’t that the fault in the initial legendaries? I won’t even bring up items like the Jetpack.
Prestige is one thing. Limited-time RNG is something else altogether.
If that’s the case, may as well have thrown Nightfury on the gem store, at least our money would make obtaining the wings a sure deal.

Not to mention my graphics card decided to take a hike for a while so I can’t even farm Halloween (more) to get more bags for the most miniscule chance at a brew.

Why not place the endless brew under a recipe? Or at least on the Candy Corn vendor, it’d give us something to do with the thousands of candy corn we’ve all accumulated.

/rant

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’d love it if there were a recipe for Endless Batwing Brew. I collect endless tonics, and I was planning to purchase the Brew this Halloween when the price went down. That’s definitely not happening now!

So many tonics, being turned into shoulder pieces. ;__;

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

With the tot bag nerf, they might add a mf recipe or something for the two halloween specific items required for nightfury after halloween ends. If not, you can expect both of those items to skyrocket in price once halloween is over.

Posted by: LouDrew.1340

LouDrew.1340

Instead it’s “Have enough money or get kittened”. Wasn’t that the fault in the initial legendaries? I won’t even bring up items like the Jetpack.

Fault?

That’s the entire intent.

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

There should be a non-massively overpriced or RNG’d recipe for turning rare single brews into exotic brews, implemented yesterday to counter this fiasco. This is the chart for brew since its inception, click all. It has never jumped in price as much as it did at 4pm today. Ever. In fact, before this month, it had never cleared 150 gold. Given the cost of the rest of the mats, that pretty unreasonable.

You can literally see the hoarders and gold flippers saving it for profit.

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

With the tot bag nerf, they might add a mf recipe or something for the two halloween specific items required for nightfury after halloween ends.

You know they won’t.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

SansSariph.9548

So the price has risen at least another 200g since I made this post, given the final recipe is now available.

The price is literally rising faster than I save. I’ve farmed at least 10 bat wings since Friday and haven’t seen a single brew drop from my thousands and thousands of bags.

Very distressing. Not having fun with Halloween anymore.

A way to work towards the item (e.g. candy corn / cobs – or a recipe involving the regular bottles of brew, or even bat wings) would be far less discouraging.

Thanks for the consideration!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There should be a non-massively overpriced or RNG’d recipe for turning rare single brews into exotic brews, implemented yesterday to counter this fiasco. This is the chart for brew since its inception, click all. It has never jumped in price as much as it did at 4pm today. Ever. In fact, before this month, it had never cleared 150 gold. Given the cost of the rest of the mats, that pretty unreasonable.

Well, soon after the HoT and Halloween launched, the price plummeted as since new supply was back. Could have gotten it for under 12 gold some eleven hours after HoT went live Friday.

Now what’s interesting was someone(s) bought out the entire stock two days ago. It quickly “recovered”. Did someone figure it out and sat on the info after buying the remaining stock which was 5@200g at the time? And now every necro wants it the price is now over 500G with over 40 in supply.

The costliest bit to craft it isn’t the endless batwing but the 6,000 piles of Flax seed. that’s around 1000G currently. So I expect even more flax farming teams in MJ and the labyrinth full once the servers are back up.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Maybe we should start a support group so we don’t all suffer alone and start tormenting kittens.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Sure! That will be 300 cobs

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Okay completely off topic, but i have to say, SansSariph, if your name is from where i think it is, i love it!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Well, soon after the HoT and Halloween launched, the price plummeted as since new supply was back. Could have gotten it for under 12 gold some eleven hours after HoT went live Friday.

Now what’s interesting was someone(s) bought out the entire stock two days ago. It quickly “recovered”. Did someone figure it out and sat on the info after buying the remaining stock which was 5@200g at the time? And now every necro wants it the price is now over 500G with over 40 in supply.

The costliest bit to craft it isn’t the endless batwing but the 6,000 piles of Flax seed. that’s around 1000G currently. So I expect even more flax farming teams in MJ and the labyrinth full once the servers are back up.

It has been posted as part of the recipe for like 3 days now on Reddit lol The MOMENT I saw it posted I bought one to make mine. I got mine for like 80g…

Posted by: hgkmaxymus.9321

hgkmaxymus.9321

I agree with the OP, we need another way to obtain ths Endless Batwing… Using the rare ones or cobs… Or increasing the drop rate.

I also opened about 3000 ToT bags and only got 1 mini devil dog, 2 axes and 1 hammer. It seems my account doesn’t have a rng :p about 500+ teqs and no hoard. Tried to farm for the tattered bat wings and no go.. While a guildie only did 3 runs and got 2(i was there when he got them).

I would love to work towards this item, getting the other stuff needed to craft it is expensive / huge time investment but it is doable with only me working for it, not depending of luck.

I have no money, had to ask a guildie to buy the tattered wings, I can’t afford the price for the brew… And now, the game is down for the time I had to be able to farm the ToT bags and MAYBE get lucky. They NEED to give us another way to obtain it… :/

1 day wasted today. Thanks anet. (and please, check if my account has a flag “never get anything”, thanks =p)

This is MADNESS!!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Ah, I thought it was the missing ingredient.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Example of challenging content.

Arena Net 2015.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

I see this… And it makes me feel bad I got a batwing brew out of my first 10 ToT bags…

When I first got it, it was at 70g… I was like “I can easily make 70g to buy a second if need be ill hold onto this one and buy one down the line for cosmetic purposes.”

Really, really loving myself for that choice to not sell or open it.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Posted by: SirDerp.3520

SirDerp.3520

MF recipe would be amazing, please and thanks. This is not a “grind.” This is RNG. I can run around the jungle collecting flax seeds for ‘x’ amount of time to make the oil (even though I wish it wasn’t gated behind HoT because c’mon this is a Halloween event). You can not, however, tell me how long I will need to run in circles around Lab or how many times I will need to fall off the edge of Ascent before I get this brew.

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

the batwing brew isnt even the problem, its the kitten linseed oils! 5g a piece and you need 300!

Posted by: Gardner.8723

Gardner.8723

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-21-2014/

I am still awaiting for that recipe you promised us… last year. Where is it? I know you are have been busy with working on new content, and I am well aware that you are attempting to remove gold from those that got a lot.

Reality is however that you are ruining it for the average Joe. The flax prices will go down, the market will stabilize. However, the supply of Endless Batwing brew will go up up and upwards until you need a ladder to reach the top, simply to place a bid.

Adding the recipe you spoke of, will hurt the flippers and make a lot of people very very happy.

I fear you have taken a shower with gasoline and is now playing with a match. Please, stop playing with matches and do what you were supposed to do last year.

I am not mad at this point, just numb to see that you have mistaken goldsinks for hard work. I am just very very disappointed with you Anet.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

OOh, is THAT why this tonic is so ludicrous rare/expensive :-(

I wanted one for the tonic itself.
Dont care about the ascended whatever u can make with it.

I guess we have to wait till next year, for it to be added to the Candy Corn Cobb vendors :-(

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Came under heavy fire in game from people defending the path ANet took with this skin. Personally my biggest issue is that RNG gated tonic, second to the outrageous amount of magumma gathers you need to craft this stuff (as in ANet planned to have us both do the magumma, grind out halloween content, and do map events over the duration of these 2 weeks)

I’m still wondering why theyve done a complete 180 on festival event items, its quite the unreasonable change in planning

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

So many items in Halloween, and they once again put a unique item on RNG gods… for a SEASONAL event. The community has already displayed dissatisfaction towards high RNG items for seasonal events in the past, yet they insist on this.

In this case specifically, it’s not like “oh, the item is too cheap, let’s just lock the endless bottle of batwing bew behind RNG so it’s appropriately balanced money-wise”. The whole thing is already TOO expensive.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

(edited by Valento.9852)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-21-2014/

I am still awaiting for that recipe you promised us… last year. Where is it? I know you are have been busy with working on new content, and I am well aware that you are attempting to remove gold from those that got a lot.

Reality is however that you are ruining it for the average Joe. The flax prices will go down, the market will stabilize. However, the supply of Endless Batwing brew will go up up and upwards until you need a ladder to reach the top, simply to place a bid.

Adding the recipe you spoke of, will hurt the flippers and make a lot of people very very happy.

I fear you have taken a shower with gasoline and is now playing with a match. Please, stop playing with matches and do what you were supposed to do last year.

I am not mad at this point, just numb to see that you have mistaken goldsinks for hard work. I am just very very disappointed with you Anet.

Imagine there is a recipe live for 2 years and nobody found it yet…..

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Lex.9071

Lex.9071

znip

Imagine there is a recipe live for 2 years and nobody found it yet…..

Well, then it is time to give some hints

Posted by: Lex.9071

Lex.9071

Gardner.8723

Mayhaps it is a drop. Just with even rarer droprate than percursors…

Gardner.8723

the batwing brew isnt even the problem, its the kitten linseed oils! 5g a piece and you need 300!

That is hardly a problem. With time, the prices wil go down on linseed oils. People gather flax, GHs finish their needs for them.

The brew however will only rise in price once the supply dry up. Give us the recpie that we were supposed to get get in 2014, and it is no longer a problem.

As of now, the Nightfury is just unfriendly for most people. And if Anet wants it to be a goldsink, then increase the supply of brew. If ten times more make the shoulders, they will buy more on the TP. And the 15% goldsink will steal away far more money then if only 1/10 of the richest players were to do it.

And it would remove alot of heat from Anet.

Posted by: Callendor.1840

Callendor.1840

But it looks awesome!!!! Also appears on your login screen which is pretty cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4di44bKBYU

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

That is hardly a problem. With time, the prices wil go down on linseed oils. People gather flax, GHs finish their needs for them.

The brew however will only rise in price once the supply dry up. Give us the recpie that we were supposed to get get in 2014, and it is no longer a problem.

As of now, the Nightfury is just unfriendly for most people. And if Anet wants it to be a goldsink, then increase the supply of brew. If ten times more make the shoulders, they will buy more on the TP. And the 15% goldsink will steal away far more money then if only 1/10 of the richest players were to do it.

And it would remove alot of heat from Anet.

Because it’s hard to add certain material item to the vendor and cash out 100% gold sink instead of 15% right?

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Even if they add a recipe, chances are that they will screw it up and the price will never go down even if it’s Halloween, the only way for this to work is if the tonic is not as expensive as it is now, then the recipe will be conceived to go with the price.

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

Well, if you think the Batwing brew is expensive or prohibitive then you clearly didnt see the rest of the recipe. When you see the rest of the recipe you will find that buying a batwing brew for 300g is the least of your issues.

Batwing brew is almost like a legendary in terms of cost. Its clearly not meant for most of the population. And I dont want to sound mean, but its fine. Not everything should be for everyone.

(edited by AXEL.8362)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

No because those it dropped for would feel screwed over.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I bought one while it was ~90g, and I still would like to see a guaranteed way to get one in the game (besides TP). Its pretty kitteny business practice to based stuff on ludicrous rng chances for a holiday event.

No because those it dropped for would feel screwed over.

Sorry but you’ve had your chance to profit from it. And even for those that get it after a drop, it would still have value since they didn’t have to get the materials needed for the recipe/alternate way.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

In case you guys forgot, they did the same thing last year. The mini pet Gwynefyrdd was locked away from most people by ridiculous RNG. It’s obvious to me that this is what they’ll do each year. Have one greatly desired item locked away behind an RNG/goldwall. When asked they said the drop rate of that item was within expected levels, so they want ya’ll to chase these things and spend ridiculous amounts of gold.

Mini Geynefyrdd
The drop rate from Trick-or-Treat Bags is estimated to be around .0005%; this is roughly equivalent to 1 Mini Gwynefyrdd for every 200,000 bags opened

I read through this thread to get caught up, and there seem to be a few questions that I can address:

• The miniature is extremely rare, it’s true. But the drop is random, which accounts for one person getting a pooch in a few hundred bags and someone else not getting it after opening several thousand.
  • One of our statisticians just checked the drop rate, and there is no error in the drop rate — it truly is dropping as designed.
  • Diminishing Returns do not apply to ToT Bags. I mean, phew! I read that question and my blood ran cold, but I felt sure — and the designer confirmed — that DR is not a factor with the Trick-or-Treat bags. Open 1, open 100, the drop rate is not impacted by diminishing returns.
  • I’ve passed along your suggestions. I believe that changes are not planned or even possible for this year’s event. What happens in future events — whether Gwynefyrdd will return — is not yet on the radar. Again, your thoughts and suggestions have been shared and I know that the devs do listen to your input. But what actually takes place in 2015 and beyond is not yet established.

I also want to say that I’d love nothing more than to have Gwynefyrdd for myself. One comment here — “he swims!” and I was gone. I truly wish all of you great good luck with this goal!

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

For the love of all six gods Anet… WTF?!

Either up the drop rate, let us craft it (preferably using the normal batwing brews as a base), or let us buy it for corn cobs. Honestly, I’d love to see all of these implemented, because you know… options.

500g is freaking absurd for a single component. Add another 50g (if you’re lucky) for the tattered wings and we’re talking more for a single shoulder skin (cause you know people are going to want different stats) than for an entire set of ascended armor.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.