Can we please redesign medium armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I hate to sound like a baby but the armor is so… bad that I have trouble playing the medium classes. horrendous horribad choices.

can we have more things similar to magitech armor? I cant really find anything befitting an engi

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Welcome to medium armor, would like a trench coat or a trench coat ?

Oh, you’re a human female, how about some sideboob, with a helping of tight leather pants instead ?

Azure.8670

a-a-actually sir, id just like a nice metal chain jerkin. Perhaps some hard leather to go over it, so I can melee? Nothing too hangy like a dress, I dont want anything to get caught on terrain while I do battle.

Posted by: Tiburon.8634

Tiburon.8634

In most other games people would kill for a trenchcoat. GW2 is blessed in that regard.

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

If only we had less outfits and more armors. By the law of statistics we’d get a few who aren’t trenchcoats.

I’m still waiting for more of the gask mask (still best skin in the game (it even takes in consideration charr anatomy)), sleek, magitech. No protruding shoulder spikes or weird gloves (and for the love of all that is sacred in gaming, stop making stuff with only one dye channel).

It was completely ridiculous that I took a year off GW2, returned, decided to check the armors to change looks… and ended with the same previous look I had. What happened? It’s Fashion Wars 2 and there is no new fashion? Outfits? Who wants to be a clone differing only in dye choice?

My asura would love to get the cook shoes back, thank you. 90% of asura footwear have the toes showing. It takes cultural armor (or the dev who designed the cook outfit. Gayle, if you read this, please extend my kudos to the ones who made it and the gas mask) to have boots that conform to anatomy.

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

glorious brigandine seems to be trenchcoatless, and it is pretty easy to obtain from a pvp track

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

What InsidiousWaffle said. Also, there are so many different kinds of trenchcoat that at least one of them is going to look FABULOUS on your character. My Ranger (human female) wears the Rascal coat (which has a corset and a scarf included), and I have to say, that gives a nice explorer-ish air.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What InsidiousWaffle said. Also, there are so many different kinds of trenchcoat that at least one of them is going to look FABULOUS on your character. My Ranger (human female) wears the Rascal coat (which has a corset and a scarf included), and I have to say, that gives a nice explorer-ish air.

It’s not that the individual trenchcoats aren’t detailed. I was previewing them on my ranger and was impressed by how nice certain ones are. The problem is that that’s about all you can have on your male medium char and unless you zoom in and look closely, they all blend together. One medium char in a trenchcoat standing by another medium char in a trenchcoat has the same apporiximate silhouette. There’s little style individuality when it’s a series of “identical from a few feet away” trenchcoats. A major flaw in a game where the rewards are based on cosmetics.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Our selection of trenchcoats is nice. The problem isn´t that. The problem is we barely have anything else….

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

a-a-actually sir, id just like a nice metal chain jerkin.

You mean like this guy?

Attachments:

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Azure.8670

a-a-actually sir, id just like a nice metal chain jerkin.

You mean like this guy?

soooooooooooooooooo much winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

Medium armor has always been hard to look good lol.. gem Store skins were the ones that looked good but that meant cash money…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My GW2’s life dream but the designers are the most stubborn, bitter people in the world.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The Glorious armor set is like so cool!

Attachments:

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

could be worse, they could make it ‘leather scraps’.

But yea, 1-4 trench coats…ok cool….but 90% of the chest armor is a stupid trench coat…I kinda think someone at Anet has a thing for Neo….

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

#SaveTheMediumArmor

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

I hate to sound like a baby but the armor is so… bad that I have trouble playing the medium classes. horrendous horribad choices.

can we have more things similar to magitech armor? I cant really find anything befitting an engi

Hahah, thank you for bringing this up. The medium armor choices in this game SUCK!

It’s impossible to find anything that looks good no matter how much you mix them up. Light armor isn’t much better but at least there are some options that look different. But medium armor is garbage designed by philistines.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

My ele would kill you for a trench coat. He’s so tired of dresses.

Posted by: Disig.7169

Disig.7169

I love my trench coats but…I see your point. There’s not a whole lot of variety. More variety would be nice.

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I like medium armor the most. Trenchcoats are the best.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Azure.8670

Im happy you like this but you look like a scrawny viewtiful joe, a broke power ranger and an unemployed random final fantasy knight.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Im happy you like this but you look like a scrawny viewtiful joe, a broke power ranger and an unemployed random final fantasy knight.

Hey now I’m all for your crusade, but the moment you dis viewtiful joe we got problems.

Azure.8670

Hey now I’m all for your crusade, but the moment you dis viewtiful joe we got problems.

Nah I love the viewtiful one I just think he is the rent a center version

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

Trench coat, bum flap, that’s the way I like to

medium class.

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Yeah, there are so many nice trenchcoats out there! but they fit the rangers the most, they aren’t very thief friendly …. stealth while having strips and belts everywhere is kinda tricky. Grandma usually talks about the wide selection they used to have at Cantha no matter what faction she belonged.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Agemnon.4608

I think you’re just jelly that I have PvP exclusive armor ^_^ The armor isn’t ghetto it totally shows my bod and has a cool superhero look to it. I could use shadow abyss and crushed bone but pretty much everyone uses blacks and whites for everything. We need more medium armors that aren’t trench coats though. Mistwalker is a cool trenchcoat though but the CoE and Viper sets I think look good too.

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

Trench coats are pretty cool, but I’d like some other options.

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

I like the trenchcoats too, but would be very nice to have at least one chest piece added that is not a trenchcoat – for male and female characters please – so that you can actually make an assassin type character (for example). Maybe something comparable to the bandit sniper outift.

Oh, and concerning the male heavy armor leg choices: Some pants without a roman legionnaire style shirt or huge strange metal pieces attached to the legs would be nice, too. One little piece for all of those who do not want to build a knight or a legionnaire or a fighter with a dramatic long robe.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If only we had less outfits and more armors. By the law of statistics we’d get a few who aren’t trenchcoats.

If we had fewer outfits, we had have a tiny number of additional armor sets. So by the law of large numbers, we’d still be out of luck. Further, that law doesn’t apply, because there are technical reasons why medium armor favors trenchcoats. (In brief: ANet decided about six years ago that they wanted to trade off some flexibility in design for reducing the ‘cost’ to develop new armor sets.)

Plus, even though we have lots of trenchcoats, personally I don’t think we have many good-looking trenchcoats. (Then again, I don’t like 80%+ of the armor or weapon skins in any game, so maybe I’m just difficult to please.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I would certainly welcome a more broad style of medium armors. I believe it is safe to say we have more than enough trenchcoats at this point.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I’m just like you and dislike 80% of the skins in the game. Most are just plain ugly and it makes me cringe an adult designer whose living is based on creating armors will make such things.

Most armors have redeeming bits though. Heavy aether armor has gorgeous gloves. Medium aether has pretty decent boots (especially for an asura). All zodiac armor helms are cringe worthy (very very much so) but the light armor chest and pants go well together if we do not use shoulders.

Mix and match saves Fashion Wars 2.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

In most other games people would kill for a trenchcoat. GW2 is blessed in that regard.

well when the mallgoth rpgs decide to be a bit more vocal, they can have ours.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Grim West.3194

The trench coats are horribly designed. In action mode they look like dresses. Doing a tough jumping puzzle like Winter’s Day is a real pain because you can’t accurately tell where your feet are landing.

And they just look stupid.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I like my 3 leather girls ant not one wear a trench coat nor a mini. I’ve much more problems to dress my 3 cloth-girls.

PS: Can you guess the 3 professions from left to right?

Attachments:

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

Considering Anet have ignored the by now thousands of posts asking for something different from trenchcoats i think it’s safe to safe they don’t care what we think, we’ll get what they give us and like it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Considering Anet have ignored the by now thousands of posts asking for something different from trenchcoats i think it’s safe to safe they don’t care what we think, we’ll get what they give us and like it.

They haven’t “ignored” it — they’ve posted about why it’s unlikely to happen.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

I loooove the trench coats and i love the medium armors :>

Agemnon.4608

I wanna full fledged ninja outfit with lightning. It can be called ninja lightning (insert piece name here like coat or gloves or whatever.) It would have Bolt’s effects but with green lightning.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I like my 3 leather girls ant not one wear a trench coat nor a mini. I’ve much more problems to dress my 3 cloth-girls.

medium armor on females: what armor?

medium armor on males: my stylist was the matrix cast

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

disagree totally.
I dislike that. It blocks out many pieces of gear from showing.

Grim West.3194

Aye, the trenchcoat design just looks like a very bad blanket. It billows out and is uglier than the Potato sack design for the Jedi in SWTOR.

They’re just plain ugly. Looks like a failed intern did them.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They haven’t “ignored” it — they’ve posted about why it’s unlikely to happen.

I would love to see that post, since I collect posts for re-use in repeated threads on the same subjects. Since they do already have male and female non trenchcoats it would be nice to see their reasoning as to why they don’t make more.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Males don’t get any tight stuff that doesn’t skirt past the waist other than Glorious and a Charr t3 Chest I wish I could use on any race; and the reason it’s that way is cuz the ugly skirt part is connected to the pants instead. Still no Assassin armor sets ported from GW1 but we get Ranger.
Despite so many continuously asking for it over 3+ years they still keep pumping out the same old style. Usually Anet ignores everything nomatter how broken it is unless it’s a popular request and this has been one of the exceptions that they seem to refuse to acknowledge.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Medium armor, for the most part, seems to be too extreme on both ends.

Either you’re freezing to death with skin exposed everywhere, or you are covered head to toe in leather with a trench coat as an extra added layer of protection.
Again, there are exceptions, but it would be nice to see some new armor sets that are balanced between the two. No trenchcoat, but not lingerie either.
Medium armor needs to be protective, but allow the wearer to be agile and unencumbered by the outfit. Many of the medium boots go against this in appearance (in my opinion). They are good designs, but for medium armor they look clunky and slow.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Medium armor, for the most part, seems to be too extreme on both ends.

Either you’re freezing to death with skin exposed everywhere, or you are covered head to toe in leather with a trench coat as an extra added layer of protection.
Again, there are exceptions, but it would be nice to see some new armor sets that are balanced between the two. No trenchcoat, but not lingerie either.
Medium armor needs to be protective, but allow the wearer to be agile and unencumbered by the outfit. Many of the medium boots go against this in appearance (in my opinion). They are good designs, but for medium armor they look clunky and slow.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

I’d love to see Sayeh’s armor made available for Medium wearers. as either a skin or outfit.

Posted by: Evasiion.3859

Evasiion.3859

I love medium armor as my main medium is a thief but id like more variety. Same goes for light armor, can’t make a decent light armor on my asura Necro/Mesmer because ugh, most just dont look good at all.

Incinerator/Meteorlogicus/Sunrise/Bifrost.
Syllariana, Ghostly Eva, M Ë S, Scarletta Marie, D R Ä K E.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Yeah a trench-coat slot turned on in shiver-peaks and off otherwise would be cool, aeh warm But maguma, orr, … my girls are happy about exposed skin

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I don’t like how most armors (for male) in GW2 have dress-like appearances to them, but I heard that GW2 is set in medieval periods or whatever, so maybe men in those times love dresses?

This is my thief in medium armor, 2 random people have praised my look. So I will show it off to give you some ideas. My engineer and druid wear the same thing.
Oh, and I just want to show off my Nevermore and Hope, hahaha.

Attachments:

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!