Can we spect more largos in future?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I’ve pretty much only found 3 largos at the entire game overall. one in PS, and 2 in a event at the volcano region.

I find this one the most interesting race so far, likely professional french assassins or something. I would love to see more, maybe when bubbles come along the story?

Anyone have any clue if anet will work more into this race in future?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

There’s another largos event in Frostgorge Sound and in Brisban Wildlands, as well as one helping some quaggans in Malchor’s Leap. Plus, the statue of Dwayna at the Cathedral of Zephyrs looks a lot like a largos.

I’d love to see more of them, too. They seem like a really interesting race.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

The statue looks like a largos because it uses a skin that was originally made as a ‘Risen Largos’ skin. They scrapped the idea of having Risen Largos and used the skin for the statue instead. So it’s sort of coincidence that it looks like a Largos, Dwayna is not a Largos.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Please. no. We really don’t need any more of that aggregation of cheap cliches glued together.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: lotusedge.6743

lotusedge.6743

when we fight “bubbles” we will meet more largos is my guess. So in like 6 years?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Please. no. We really don’t need any more of that aggregation of cheap cliches glued together.

This, in spades.

The mysterious masked masters of stealth who sneak around with shortblades like the ridiculous stereotypes of the religious Assassin order, always with names that include ‘Al-’ and speaking in middle eastern accents. They are always members of secretive orders with a “if I tell you, I have to kill you” mentality, but somehow the player figure can always gain their trust somehow despite it being against traditions ‘thousands of years old, and never once broken’.

Pfft.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Their accents aren’t middle eastern though O_o.
They’re eastern-european accents.

And as far as we know the Largos aren’t part of a secretive order, their race is just split into houses that follow the Tethyos Compact. And personally I think they have some link to Abaddon pre-fall (one of their sayings is almost identical to Abaddons)

GuzziHero.2467

No, they are native English speakers trying to imitate middle-easterners.

And if the Tethyos Compact is not secretive, maybe you can share with us it’s knowledge? I for one know that I don’t know Jack about it!

Astralporing.1957

This, in spades.

The mysterious masked masters of stealth who sneak around with shortblades like the ridiculous stereotypes of the religious Assassin order, always with names that include ‘Al-’ and speaking in middle eastern accents. They are always members of secretive orders with a “if I tell you, I have to kill you” mentality, but somehow the player figure can always gain their trust somehow despite it being against traditions ‘thousands of years old, and never once broken’.

Pfft.

Add to that the fact that they are Underwater Winged Drow (some of them even carry double scimitars in a not so veiled reference to a certain known Forgotten Realm fiction hero), and that their females dress in bdsm gear, to get a complete description.

(though yeah, as people mentioned, their accent is no middle-eastern but fake russian. Which doesn’t make it any better)

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

GuzziHero.2467

Add to that the fact that they are Underwater Winged Drow (some of them even carry double scimitars in a not so veiled reference to a certain known Forgotten Realm fiction hero), and that their females dress in bdsm gear, to get a complete description.

(though yeah, as people mentioned, their accent is no middle-eastern but fake russian. Which doesn’t make it any better)

I… have no idea what a drow is.

The Arabic style names made me think that they are trying to imitate Arabic accents. I guess I don’t sound much better when I am trying to imitate a Spanish accent in offline RP, mind you!

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Meh, you lot are judging them too harshly. To be fair, that logic could be applied to most of the races in this game.

What makes them interesting to me is that there’s genuinely a level of mystery about them because they appear very infrequently in-game. I would like to see them used a bit more often (I’d trade twenty Quaggan in the open world for one Largos, please) but still sparingly enough that encountering one is still somewhat memorable.

GuzziHero.2467

Now if you knew more about them, the mystery would be disspelled and you may not find them so interesting

Astralporing.1957

I… have no idea what a drow is.

…you are a very, very lucky person to never hear about Dark Elves. I’m envious.
(no, i am not joking).

(drow is the name of the DnD variant, though barring that one reference you likely missed Largos look more like WoW elves)

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

This, in spades.

Pfft.

Echo that, ghost rider.

Largos are just.. no. Anyone ever see the event where the champ Largos just randomly kills Sylvari for no reason? Why don’t we invite the Flame Legion or the Nightmare Court to the Pact, while we’re at it? Or maybe we can play Risen next.

NO WATERDROW, 2014.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632