Can we stop receiving Transmutation Stone ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

There is almost absolutely no need for that item when u hit 80. And yet u guys keep pretending that it’s valuable and throw it at us in every single type of "reward " chest possible. I’m sick of it, y not just give me some prosperous bone instead, at least I can sell them. They should not be receivable for characters level 80 because we all know it’s a tier below junk for 99% of them.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I assume you’re talking about the green transmutation stones that cannot be used for level 80 items. In which case, I agree. If anything we should be getting the transmutation stones that can be used for level 80 armor and weapons.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I have alts that are not 80, and getting those stones helps them out. /shrug I feel it is fine the way it is.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

But..but..I need them for my alts. Seriously, I can deck out an alt really fast with these, I love them <3

It’s a bit on the shortsighted side to think just because you find no use for something that others don’t need them as well.

Posted by: Drackna.3207

Drackna.3207

Well, giving out the blue crystals might be a bit much, but you know what would be a great idea?
Being able to trade in maybe like 30 of these green stones for one of the level 80 transmutation crystals.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Just let me forge 16 of those crap stones into one real rock.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I have 14 alts, and still a stack of those stones in my bank. I really get too many of those kitten things XD

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

I’m 100% down with this, and it’d make the character customization way less tedious than it currently is.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Never felt the need to mess with armor looks during leveling, as i knew the pieces would be replaced soon. When hitting 80 however…

Then again, the stones and crystals do allow us to transfer upgrade slot items between armor pieces. Tho in the process trashing one of said pieces.

For a game that is supposed to be a next gen MMO, not having any kind of wardrobe system to handle the outfit side is odd.

Again and again i get the suspicion that they designed the whole game as a MOBA, and then turned it into a MMO after some NCSoft rep gave them a stern talk. And this is why SPVP seems to behave so shockingly different in a number of ways.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Im running low on them actually after so i could use some more

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The transmutation stones are there to get you hooked on looks before level 80, so that Anet can make money off of you from transmutation crystals when you hit 80.

Posted by: Ordin.9047

Ordin.9047

I like getting them as well.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

The transmutation stones are there to get you hooked on looks before level 80, so that Anet can make money off of you from transmutation crystals when you hit 80.

meh end game is as much about looks as anything else and if you wanted you could get somthing like 600 gems for 40 gold so this point is somewhat invalid

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Give us a mystic forge recipe to combine a stack of Transmutation stones into a single Transmutation Crystal

I would be happy with less than a stack but knowing Anet a stack would be the minimum

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Perhaps we should be getting only the base reward for whatever we did, rather than the base reward plus a random chance for a chance at a random gem store item for free. People asking for more should consider that less is always an option.

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

I think of all words I would use to describe Porous Bones, prosperous is not one of them.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It would be nice if we could convert them to the level 80 transmutation stones… even if it was at a 10:1 ratio through a forge recipe…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

But..but..I need them for my alts. Seriously, I can deck out an alt really fast with these, I love them <3

It’s a bit on the shortsighted side to think just because you find no use for something that others don’t need them as well.

How the kitten does one of these help you deck an alt out?

Posted by: Laundry.5120

Laundry.5120

How about….just having one type of transmutation stone?

I never got the point of having one for 1-79 then a super special one at 80 considering most of the skins they’ve released since last year have been for 1-80.

Lavanderie – 80 Mesmer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Electrique – 80 Engineer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I have use for them, I still want them and I don’t see why easy just because you don’t use them others who do, are supposed to have a loss on that, really.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Suggestion: Trade each one for 1000 karma.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If you dont like them .. destroy them. Where is the problem ? And its not as if you are spammed full with them like with for me useless stuff like these SAB Tokens.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Aberrant.6749

How the kitten does one of these help you deck an alt out?

They let you move over upgrades. Even so though the cost of losing that item usually isn’t worth it.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I use them all the time as I level my characters. I do map completion just to get them.

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

I have two stacks of them, somewhere around 400. Whereas the level 80 stones… I have one left. I would really appreciate a way to convert them into something useful, since I haven’t used one since probably November of last year :P

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You may not be using them but other people are. If you don’t want them, delete them. Don’t expect them to redo the game reward system just because it doesn’t personally suit you.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

They could give us the option to Mystic Forge a handful of Transmutation Stones together with some other items to get a Fine Transmutation Stone. Hopeful penguin is hopeful

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Aberrant.6749

You may not be using them but other people are. If you don’t want them, delete them. Don’t expect them to redo the game reward system just because it doesn’t personally suit you.

They change things to better reward people all the time though. I don’t expect it, but it would be nice. It’s not as if it would prevent the other players from using them as they are now either.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

They could give us the option to Mystic Forge a handful of Transmutation Stones together with some other items to get a Fine Transmutation Stone. Hopeful penguin is hopeful

This. Let us combine 4 stones to get 1 crystal, or hell, even a stack of 4 stones and 3 other reagents to get one crystal. I have 5 level 80s and a stack of 90-100 stones that I don’t know what to do with.

Also, does anyone even spend long enough at sub-80 for the stones to be worth anything? I mean, do looks even matter at that point? For me, I like to get only Strong gear and plow my way to 80 as quickly as possible, then worry about my looks.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Let us combine 5-10 to make 1 lvl 80 stone.

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

let us mystic forge 3 stones and 250 bloodstone dust to make a crystal

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

For a game that is supposed to be a next gen MMO,

Who the hell told you this lie? If it was a “friend” you need to punch them right in the nose. Next gem mmo, that’s just laughable. There are some mmos coming that I would say are “next gen” but not this.

Did GW2 manage to revolutionize anything?

Gear grind, or vertical progression if you prefer? Been done to death
Voiced story line, supposedly with personal decisions? Yep, been done
Instanced pve content, world bosses, stat progression, leveling, crafting, gathering? All of it has been done before, and in most cases better.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Seriously OP? Even if you’re a hoarder these couldn’t take up more than a bank slot or two. I’ve always been contented to use them while levelling alts.

It would be nice if they could be used to forge crystals though.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I meant Transmutation Crystal in my earlier post. Not Fine Transmutation Stone. Where the hell did I get that? o.o

Anyway, yeah. Please let us Mystic Toilet these Transmutation Stones together with some other materials to get Transmutation Crystals. Pretty please??

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Get rid of them? No. They’re still useful for those below 80. Although, like others have said, being able to forge them into transmutation crystals would be a great thing.

Posted by: pyrakitt.8076

pyrakitt.8076

I understand that other’s use the regular Transmutation Crystals. I have alts I deck out as well. However I don’t find it an adequate reward at all when I get 1 (and only one) with my daily chest. I don’t think they should be an option for the daily chest or anything that gives gem store items. I don’t even think they should be in the gem store. Not when it’s easy as pie to get them if you have an empty character slot. Start a throw away character, map clear the cities, throw them in the bank. Delete the character. Done.

While I would love a way to change them to Fine grade crystals with how easy they are to get, it would mean a loss of profit for Anet.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

As others have stated. I’d like if there was some MF recipe to turn Trans Stones into Trans Crystals. I still use the stones on my lowbie alts.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Definitely support the idea of being able to Forge several Stones together into a Crystal. In all honesty though, it probably won’t happen. I imagine ANet sells a LOT of Crystals to level 80’s looking to get their appearance just right.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I have 7 characters and have never used on of these stones.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I use then so much that I always have a shortage.
I purposely complete maps in order to get them.
Go figure.
Yes, my low level alts look fabulous ;P

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

I’d love to see these taken off the reward table for level 80 characters. I doubt that ArenaNet will do it but…

Do the higher-grade ones even drop any more, or are they store-only, now?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I’d love to see these taken off the reward table for level 80 characters. I doubt that ArenaNet will do it but…

Do the higher-grade ones even drop any more, or are they store-only, now?

You still get the lvl 80 crystals from things like dailies and BL chests ( the key was a drop)- got some not long ago

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Things I’d love to stop receiving are:

wigs
dresses
transmutation stone for 1-79
pile of putrid essence
black lion chests
pourous bones
chunk of crabmeat
hoof
spiral shell
fin
bent lockpick

How about we just get coin instead of these items so we don’t have to go thru and spend extra time separating the stuff every time we look in our bags, I feel like this is an episode of the hoarders where we simply pickup everything we see including Styrofoam cups and paper bags.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I need those stones for my alts too, but being able to forge Lvl 80 Transmutation stones out of them in the Mystic Forge is a good idea.

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

Great idea!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Your alts can carry a stack of these and burn them to transfer cosmetics and runes for every new piece of armor you pick up. They’re not entirely useless considering they are a free bonus item. I’d prefer to have these than kill streak boosters.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I consider myself an alt player (5 level 80s at the moment), and even when they were leveling up I think I used, what 10 transmutation stones between the lot of them and still have 100+ in my bank.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I know when I level up an alt I buy them new gear MAYBE every 10 levels. The skins available pre-80 are generally underwhelming so I don’t even care what my characters look like until I hit 80 and then start hunting for a look.

I’m sure there are people that want their level 34 character to have a distinct look, but I feel they are the minority. Most people I know don’t start look shopping until they hit 80.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Should be able to use the mystic forge and combine several of them to get 1 level 80 transmute stone.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I consider myself an alt player (5 level 80s at the moment), and even when they were leveling up I think I used, what 10 transmutation stones between the lot of them and still have 100+ in my bank.

I don’t know about everyone else, but I know when I level up an alt I buy them new gear MAYBE every 10 levels. The skins available pre-80 are generally underwhelming so I don’t even care what my characters look like until I hit 80 and then start hunting for a look.

I’m sure there are people that want their level 34 character to have a distinct look, but I feel they are the minority. Most people I know don’t start look shopping until they hit 80.

my Level 15 Thief, 30 Ranger and 26 Necro:

Attachments:

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

my Level 15 Thief, 30 Ranger and 26 Necro:

Fair, cultural gear is a wildcard, but I feel you are part of that minority subset I was talking about. Most people I know feel pretty shortchanged getting stones instead of crystals. There will always be someone that can use them, the question is whether or not they are used frequently enough to warrant giving them out like freaking candy.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….