Can we stop with the tonics and minis please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

There are so many other things in the game, we have toys, travel toys, gliding, outfits; we now have cosmetic slots for auras and armor animations, and who knows what else ANet has up its sleeve.

So can we please stop getting a dozen tonics and minis for every single event? Particularly the tonics, which just sit in peoples inventory or storage never being used save for the three weeks a year when costume brawl is on the daily docket. I have half a dozen tonics I had completely forgotten I even owned until I thought about this.

What inspires this the most is the Shadow Raven Tonic, pop that thing while gliding, it looks amazing, this would have been my favorite glider in the game. And then you have others that would make great travel items, or great cosmetic infusion slot additions.

But instead, it’s a tonic, and a mini, they’re all tonics and minis, everything is a tonic and mini!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

pleae dont call me a tonic or a mini

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Personally, I’d love to see a “Hellfire Skeleton” outfit, instead of a tonic. I made the unlimited one, but I wanna be a burning skeleton in combat :P

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I wish we had a tonic closet, similar to the finishers one.
Add a tonic to the closet and it’ll show how many uses, just like limited finishers.

As for minis. I despise how much of the game is relying on ridiculous amounts of farming to acquire one in a thousand pet options. It’s insulting if that is designed to ‘retain’ players.

Conncept.7638

Personally, I’d love to see a “Hellfire Skeleton” outfit, instead of a tonic. I made the unlimited one, but I wanna be a burning skeleton in combat :P

And it has human emotes, which means its based on the human rig and it is totally possible for it to at least be a combat tonic, and still likely for it to be an outfit so long as people are okay with losing their races animations.

But ANet, for some inexplicable reason, just keeps choosing NOT to use the new features they add to the game.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

I agree it would be so nice to use skeleton tonic with fight. Infinite Watchknight Tonic is usable in fight so why not all humanoid tonics?

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Add a tonic to the closet and it’ll show how many uses, just like limited finishers.

+1

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

+1

+1

I hope Anet considers this idea.

As to OP: I like Tonics and Minis. I don’t like 20 Queens Janna’s or 48 Risen Balthazar Priests.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Conncept.7638

+1

+1

I hope Anet considers this idea.

As to OP: I like Tonics and Minis. I don’t like 20 Queens Janna’s or 48 Risen Balthazar Priests.

My complaint isn’t so much that there are minis and tonics as that seems to be all we get. If we got some minis and tonics in an event where we also got a few gliders and outfits and toys, I would have no complaint.

I’m just sick of seeing events with a half dozen tonics with accompanying minis, but then no other cosmetic items besides the standard spattering of weapon and armor skins.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

I dont mind minipets,i colect them (tge non gem ahop ones)
What i do mind is when they add minipets as a sink… 110-120candy corn cobs for a minipet?
Milions of karma spent on 4-5 amber bay minipets?
Dobt let me start on guild commendatios minis….

oh and the minipeta that you get by combining other minipets…essentially needing to have copies of the ’lower tier" minis. One to unlock them another to craft the ’higher tier"

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

+1

+1

This is so needed, I stopped getting the endless tonics since they take up so much room in bank, specially now you can get them from the new maps, but then you have to store them.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I wish they would upgrade the minis to do something other than follow you around. Some could play little games with you, some could interact with other players minis, others like a mini-pig could offer truffle bonuses when gathering, bunny for extra carrots, etc. There are lots of possibilities that would add value to them in the game. They still need to add a mini-me that looks like a smaller version of the player’s character. I’d like to see some minis usable as a distraction in combat. Use the right mini while in combat with specific creatures could have specific reactions either from the mini or the creature. I can see limiting it to PvE only but the possibilities are there for lots of fun and discovery.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Hooray for the delete option.

SBI

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’m ambivalent to the plight of inventory bloat from tonics, et. al. I don’t want them, so I don’t get them.

What inspires this the most is the Shadow Raven Tonic, pop that thing while gliding, it looks amazing, this would have been my favorite glider in the game.

But this.. This idea is friggin’ gold. A glider that transforms the user into a thing. That just feels awesome to me.

I wish they would upgrade the minis to do something other than follow you around. Some could play little games with you…

Did someone say Polymock? Not that I played GW1, but I hear such fondness about this.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

Hooray for the delete option.

I don’t know if I will delete them yet- there mayyyybeeee a possible forge recipe for some weird cat or something they are required for?

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I wish they would upgrade the minis to do something other than follow you around. Some could play little games with you, some could interact with other players minis, others like a mini-pig could offer truffle bonuses when gathering, bunny for extra carrots, etc. There are lots of possibilities that would add value to them in the game. They still need to add a mini-me that looks like a smaller version of the player’s character. I’d like to see some minis usable as a distraction in combat. Use the right mini while in combat with specific creatures could have specific reactions either from the mini or the creature. I can see limiting it to PvE only but the possibilities are there for lots of fun and discovery.

Exactly how long has Polymock been in development? The CEO was “personally” working on it to make sure it was awesome.

On a side note… mini pets should NEVER offer bonuses; if anything, minor utility. I’ve seen it done in a lot of other games, and the meta goes ape kitten because certain “bonuses” are more valuable then others. Considering this player base’s obsession with out of combat bonuses, a 10% bonus to gathering would result in mini pets being the price of some rare weapons for its economic gains.

However, with Pact mastery containing autoloot, that takes away the one easy function all mini pets could have without interfering with the game meta.

Posted by: Major Domo.9250

Major Domo.9250

I think that a series of minis that assist in finishing your opponent would be Anet’s new license to print money. Double bonus if a Scrapper could skin over the function gyro with a floating mini of choice.

/whirlyshredderbots

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’m still eagerly waiting for tonics (escpecially endless ones) to become like the GW1 endless tonics,
no cooldown, really long duration, usable in combat.
i went through the whole of GW as a dragon character using the endless Kuunevang tonic, we need that back again!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I would be way more interested in collecting tonics and other toys if they went into a “toy chest” instead of being bag-clutter.

Geez, get it together, Anet – WoW introduced a “toy box” two years ago.