Can you get pass lvl 50 fractal now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Hi guys,

I haven’t done fractal about a month and a half. I reached to lvl 50 in that instance and couldn’t pass it because maw was impossible to beat, has this been improvised? is it possible now?

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

People are at level 80 or higher.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

You can, but remember that the general population isn’t up there so you would need a more specific group, let alone even the 40s can take a bit to get a group and only a few times have i seen 50+. Also, i am pretty sure most, if not all, methods to complete this are still not how anet intended the fight to be finished.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I think his question is: if there is enough AR ingame to kill maw at the even 50’s lvl’s. It was ever since possible to get to 80. I’m 80 for 3 months so I know;) but after the update you were forced to skip maw. I dunno personally since I don’t have that many ar/ or care:) but maybe somone with 45 ar can answer this question

first scale 81 fractals

LightningBlaze.4913

Well lvl 80 was possible at early stage of fractal release, last I check we couldn’t get pass the agony from maw at lvl 50. Lvl 40-48 tactics didn’t work anymore because as you as you get back up agony hits you again. On the first tick it will take you down on the second will kill you. It was almost instantly. Is it still the same?

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

whats the point in running fractals after you got your rings + backpeice + infused? I think it only took lvl 30 (running 26/10 dailies aswell) to get to that point. I was about fed up with fractals at lvl 10 for christ sakes.

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

whats the point in running fractals after you got your rings + backpeice + infused? I think it only took lvl 30 (running 26/10 dailies aswell) to get to that point. I was about fed up with fractals at lvl 10 for christ sakes.

Some people play the game for fun. Or to challenge themselves.

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Well lvl 80 was possible at early stage of fractal release, last I check we couldn’t get pass the agony from maw at lvl 50. Lvl 40-48 tactics didn’t work anymore because as you as you get back up agony hits you again. On the first tick it will take you down on the second will kill you. It was almost instantly. Is it still the same?

Yes, Jade Maw at 50 still deals 1172% HP/sec with agony. You’d need 960~ agony resistance to reliably survive (which is not possible and never will be).

Zepidel.5349

doing the same dungeon over and over and over and over again is fun? The challenge isn’t even there the fights DO NOT CHANGE in the higher tier fractals rather they just “lol more hp more dmg” and add more agony. This does not in any way shape or form make it more “challenging” it just drags the fights out a little longer.

LightningBlaze.4913

doing the same dungeon over and over and over and over again is fun? The challenge isn’t even there the fights DO NOT CHANGE in the higher tier fractals rather they just “lol more hp more dmg” and add more agony. This does not in any way shape or form make it more “challenging” it just drags the fights out a little longer.

That’s only your perspective. Personally, I love Fractal specially at higher lvls, it can be a challenge if you haven’t master avoiding all the agony bosses attack(except maw of course) and a whole lot of fun if you run it with outgoing, entertaining group of people.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

What kind of mobs do you face at lvl 80? o.o I’m guessing they’re at level… 100? o.O

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

LightningBlaze.4913

Yes, Jade Maw at 50 still deals 1172% HP/sec with agony. You’d need 960~ agony resistance to reliably survive (which is not possible and never will be).

Wow, thank you!

Pinch.4273

What kind of mobs do you face at lvl 80? o.o I’m guessing they’re at level… 100? o.O

They’re 84. Bosses are still 80.

It’s the same as 40 except you do less damage and take more damage.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I personally do fractals because there’s nothing else to do in the game and a lev40 is good enough to burn some time. I do agree about enemies not changing… Was it THAT hard to change enemies or at least their attacks (as harpies starting to KD at lev10+) every 5 or 10 fractals? They failed fractals but it had some potential.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

2 words
Fractal skins

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Zepidel.5349

2 words
Fractal skins

Too bad they look kitten and have a 0.00001 chance to drop.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

2 words
Fractal skins

Too bad they look kitten and have a 0.00001 chance to drop.

all dependant on the weapon and the player’s opinion. Also HIGHER chance to drop the HIGHER lvl the frak

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

At 10-19 with 0 agony resistance it’s 12% per tick. 20-29 is 30%. 30-39 is 48%. 40-49 is 72%. Assuming it stays with 24% increase this time, it’s 96%. Reduced by 6 points per 5 agony resistance and maximum AR is 45. The minimum you can take is 42% health. And for 10 seconds at the maw that’s still about impossible to survive unless you have serious heals

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Currently at lvl 96, spending hundreds of golds to convert to gems so we can buy ressurection orbs.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Zepidel.5349

Currently at lvl 96, spending hundreds of golds to convert to gems so we can buy ressurection orbs.

sounds totally worth it, you guys will be up there on that fractal leader board…oh wait…well at least the loot is 96 times better….oh wait

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If lv 100 FotM drops guaranteed Precursors, I’m so investing in Res Orbs.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Pretty sure you can still get past 50 by partying with someone who was already higher than 50 and doing odd numbers such as 53/57/etc

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

pretty sure this is not true give me a screenshot for evidence or a video… if you’d be up there this would mean you stood online for quite some time without updates crashes ect
on top of that rez orbs not working since agony still ticks when dead and stops healing ( at least when I tryed on 80 after update ) there might be a way perfect timing or somthing where it is still possible but I doubt it that you’ve been online for so long… you need to do 16 scales in a row just checked if they updated so I can get in to lvl 81 but I can’t witch means you stood in the instance for ever….. just give confirmation of it in anyway or accept that you most likly lie.

btw : here’s a video of scale 80 from about 3 months : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtMcLcJNkCI

so I really tried to open up 81 to check what you telling:)

first scale 81 fractals

(edited by Patrikan Habaton.2548)

Pinch.4273

At 10-19 with 0 agony resistance it’s 12% per tick. 20-29 is 30%. 30-39 is 48%. 40-49 is 72%. Assuming it stays with 24% increase this time, it’s 96%. Reduced by 6 points per 5 agony resistance and maximum AR is 45. The minimum you can take is 42% health. And for 10 seconds at the maw that’s still about impossible to survive unless you have serious heals

It doesn’t go up past 40. Agony never does more than 72% HP/sec, except for Jade Maw 50+, which is 1172% HP/sec. Even in 50-80, all the boss agony is 72% HP/sec (same as 40+).

No you’re not.

Posted by: caiomacos.1694

caiomacos.1694

pretty sure this is not true give me a screenshot for evidence or a video… if you’d be up there this would mean you stood online for quite some time without updates crashes ect
on top of that rez orbs not working since agony still ticks when dead and stops healing ( at least when I tryed on 80 after update ) there might be a way perfect timing or somthing where it is still possible but I doubt it that you’ve been online for so long… you need to do 16 scales in a row just checked if they updated so I can get in to lvl 81 but I can’t witch means you stood in the instance for ever….. just give confirmation of it in anyway or accept that you most likly lie.

btw : here’s a video of scale 80 from about 3 months : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtMcLcJNkCI

so I really tried to open up 81 to check what you telling:)

Dude, this is just the Flamentroll. Dont take him serious.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

They’re 84. Bosses are still 80.

It’s the same as 40 except you do less damage and take more damage.

When you see this kind of game mechanic implemented you can safely say ‘Someone has ran out of ideas.’

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

You can bypass the agony on Maw if your in downed state before you kill the second tentacle. Happened to me once 2 weeks ago or something. Someone test it!

… I still want tengu.

Posted by: callisto.7184

callisto.7184

This is bigger fail EVER, why anet dont write any note to patch notes? Why they dont add isnt new AR items on patch? If FOTM is endgame on gw2 and they nerf runf up lvl 50 whith this crapy noobis patch. Realy awsome move, is totaly pointless play this game… Will be realy sweet if some developer write some about this here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

What’s the point of playing Tetris if you know it will never stop or end until you die, with no end in sight? Same can be said for PacMan, or any number of other classic arcade games.

This is what Fractals is.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

LightningBlaze.4913

How can this be possible? lol. Not even revival orb helps anymore at even lvls 50+