Can you make every map boss timer in game ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: artifaktas.2068

artifaktas.2068

I wonder arena,can you make map boss timer in game,because right now wee need all time,press Alt+Tab for go to the site and check what time which boss should shows up,and I don’t think this is very good for PC or game

Posted by: umbra lorde.9675

umbra lorde.9675

i dont know if this help but there’s an app showing the time when a boss happen it only not tell you were but it tells you which boss when

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I absolutely agree. If there is going to be a specific world boss in the dailies, then some sort of timer should be available in game. If you want people to linger in the area, the timer doesn’t even have to be precise, just some sort of indication (next hour, next half hour, next 15 minutes). Make it available to see in the Hero panel under daily and maybe give the timer the ‘watch’ icon letting it display on screen until the boss is killed.

Without an in-game indication, this daily is a bad idea. Well, I think it’s a bad idea anyway, but more bad. Ever have an actual level appropriate character try to do this with the swarm of 80’s descending on the boss? Fun times. Any new player won’t have that sense of wonder and AWESOME that those early bosses create. I know that the megaserver and timers already destroyed much of this, but when it’s also a daily, it’s beyond silly. They should be moving back to having it be awesome and not embracing the 1-2-3 done experience that it now is.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

There is an app on Overwolf that can save you the trouble of alt-tabbing called GW2 Monster Hunter. It’s going to alleviate your problems in a snap in that it can show you the timer of every world boss.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Rainmeter is another overlay timer that I like.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I wonder arena,can you make map boss timer in game,because right now wee need all time,press Alt+Tab for go to the site and check what time which boss should shows up,and I don’t think this is very good for PC or game

I, like many, like you, are sick and tired of the ancient-ness of no timers for beloved events.

We are the game – we bought the darn expansion months ahead of time and for our trouble you give us a game that is buggy, doesn’t have the least of tools to be able to manage one’s time in-game and then treat us like the enemy when we ask for simple things that many other games allow outside the game but few have inside – which is where they are needed.

Stop the backwards thinking and move MMOs forward; we’re not asking for godmode (that some have in pvp which is so devastating when trying to do a daily with uneven teams, WvW that is destroyed by hackers and bugs and too few per map, too few per team -I think it should be 25 to any team in WvW-)

We’re asking for pvE only change – a logical progression that should have been built into every single MMO since the ability to have it was available to programmers.

It’s your game, but we are the players who pay so much for so little in-game control that will help many not to waste time on bad timers and lost opportunities to get dailies done as efficiently as possible and then move on to more important things – like raising children and working for a living.

A correct timer for World Bosses – it’s not much to ask.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Being able to see the boss times in-game would be sweet indeed. There are already timers shown during the pre-events if you’re in the vicinity of a boss, so the precedent is there. It may be asking too much, but if the timer included a link to the appropriate WP, I would have a boss-gasm. Sure most of us know the locations by now and it’s always nice when somebody takes the trouble to put one in chat, but it would be even nicer to have it easily available when you’re hopping from one boss to the next to make the most of limited time. It’s not a biggie, in the grand scheme of things, but it would be much appreciated.

Posted by: CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D

If you type “/wiki worldboss” in game it will bring up a list of world boss timers. You still have to alt tab back in, but it does cut down on time a little.

Edit: Added quotation marks
Edit 2: It wasn’t that I didn’t read what you wrote; I did, and also think that an in game tool would be very nice. I was trying to be helpful and provide the most efficient current method that I know of, since you indicated you were alt tabbing out of the game to manually access this info. No need for hostility.

(edited by CD673141-975B-42E9-8500-F0FEFF861A7D)

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

If you type “/wiki worldboss” in game it will bring up a list of world boss timers. You still have to alt tab back in, but it does cut down on time a little.

You didn’t read a thing any of us wrote…

We don’t want incorrect, badly written and outside-the-game distractions, we need an in-game tool that does what should have been added to the game during alpha.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

You didn’t read a thing any of us wrote…

We don’t want incorrect, badly written and outside-the-game distractions, we need an in-game tool that does what should have been added to the game during alpha.

While I understand your frustration, Atheria, he deserves some credit for that suggestion. I wasn’t aware of it, and until (if ever) timers are added to the game, that suggestion is going to save me some time. Thank you.