Can you nerf stacking on Shatterer?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Hello there.

I am sad because for months already i’m trying to make one achievement, the one where we need to break 5 people out of crystal prisons on the the Shatterer.

The thing, everybody is always stacking at the side of his leg, and there is never crystal prisons around, what makes this achievement to be simply not possible.

I get to the conclusion it’s not possible because i already did Shatterer over 60 times certainly this year (almost daily), and i have none of the 5 required to complete such.

Or, is this a bug that causes prisons to not spawn?

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

It’s not a bug
sometimes the crystals do form but the dps in the area is just so high you probably wont notice them spawn since they die so fast

I’ve got a thread on Shatterer needing a rework as well with the main focus being the broken stacking safe spot that completely ruins this boss fight

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

You’re in the wrong spot. The place to stand is by the mortars, which SHOULD be all manned or you risk failure, on the left and middle of the 3 sets of mortars. When the Vigil guy shouts, “It’s shooting crystals,” the crystals will be targeted at the turrets (which you can also use to get credit for the event) and the mortars and people on the mortars. Sometimes, if you’re closer to the dragon on that little mound where everyone stands, people not on the mound but closer to being in front of the dragon may get hit by crystals as well, but this is not as reliable as when the crystals hit people on the mortars. So next time you’re there, encourage people to man the mortars, tell them you’ll protect them (use the turrets if no Lieutenants are attacking the mortar operators) and wait for the crystals.

I was once there during the Escape from LA story, and almost no one was at The Shatterer. Someone did the pre event, and then WP’d over to wait for the dragon, and we noticed there were only 6 of us. Wondering if we even had a chance, we gave it a go anyway. Four of us took mortars, while two went close range to distract the crystals, and the six of us beat it with a little less than 10 seconds left on the timer. Two weeks later, no one was on the mortars (except me) and about 20 people were on the mound next to the dragon, and it failed miserably.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if only the mortars were worth manning… even if they weren’t under attack and required several defenders, you deal more damage standing near his foot.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

A year ago people were moaning about the same thing. The crystal prison thing will most likely happen when you aren’t even trying for it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

More than just nerf stacking, make the whole encounter more difficult…..something (especially a dragon) that large should not be easily killed by a group of ~15 people.

I remember when dragons were actually difficult to kill in games. I had high hopes that GW2 in all of their pre-release notes/comments were going to actually have dragons be challenging. Back when I played NeverWinter Nights (the original), hunting down dragons was incredibly difficult/rewarding. Not to say that GW2 should copy NWN, but the challenge behind killing pretty almost any of the dragons (or, honestly, anything at all except the Hard Core Mega bosses) in GW2 is laughable.

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

Best way to discourage this at Shatterer is to introduce mechanics similar to Fire Ele.

If you stay still at Fire Ele, chances are you are going to get downed at least twice.

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Also, do Shatterer at a time when Server Population is lower. Fewer fighters at Shatt makes that achievement a lot easier.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Okay then, so it’s not a bug, but if people spread more of the prisons get boosted to last longer this achievement would be fairly possible.
AOE areas are like Fire Elemental could also work fine on this.

This World Bosses changes incoming are one opportunity for such tweaks.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

if only the mortars were worth manning… even if they weren’t under attack and required several defenders, you deal more damage standing near his foot.

Mystic, were you in that group of 20 that failed because no one was on the mortars? Did you not read my post? SIX people can beat it, ONLY if they man the mortars. And if you are near its feet, you should be aiming at the head, where you do more damage.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Loads of helpful advise here, I’m going to try it! (2/5 here) Thank you.

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

thats sounds so unfair, why they should change the stacking at shatterer just to make one achievement obainable for a few people?

is not a bug or anything, the problem is that people think everything is automatic just to follow the zerg, you should do it before zerging every boss became popular, try doing more boss events by yourself or just with a party ,

try shatterer in a hour with less people around, even if you have to do it by yourself crystals will spawn at the sentinels attaking shatterer if you keep them alive, they can also spawn at npc near mortars, now i dont remember if you have to succeed the event after destroying the crystals…..

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

thats sounds so unfair, why they should change the stacking at shatterer just to make one achievement obainable for a few people?

is not a bug or anything, the problem is that people think everything is automatic just to follow the zerg, you should do it before zerging every boss became popular, try doing more boss events by yourself or just with a party ,

try shatterer in a hour with less people around, even if you have to do it by yourself crystals will spawn at the sentinels attaking shatterer if you keep them alive, they can also spawn at npc near mortars, now i dont remember if you have to succeed the event after destroying the crystals…..

The stacking in the safe spot is not a bug but it does need to be removed

its one of the reasons the Shatterer is such a laughable boss

the safe spot is a byproduct of poor boss design.. not to offend Anet there but Shatterer is badly designed because of this ability to stand next to him without being at risk of even taking a single hit..
as a Champion of Kral he poses no threat to the players because of this exploit
Both Claw and Teq have mechanics in play that prevent you from doing this as do many of the other world bosses for that matter

Shatterer has been long overdue for some tweeking tbh
I know a lot of people wont agree with me but I know alot of people do agree with me

but standing next to Shatterer the way people do is exploiting the mess up in the bosses design
Anet however have not fixed this probbaly because its simply a minor issue that requires too much attention that they simply don’t have the time for right now

it took a whole living world update to give Teq a upgrade and they barely changed much of his physical annimation etc

upgrading shatter I would think is a much bigger task but it is not a priority so they haven’t got around to it yet

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Don’t worry, this world boss will get an update, and after the initial rush only a few guilds like TTS will still do it regularly.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”