Can you please fix spawned items?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I think these instances are pretty rare, for I play the game for hours every night, and a lot on the weekends, and I can’t remember this happening more than once or twice. I also happen to believe that many if not most are accidental, and not a form of griefing.

Can you imagine someone who accidentally spawns a banker or other element getting suspended? Really?? “Dear player — you put your golem banker in the wrong place, so welcome to SuspensionLand™.” That just doesn’t set well in my mind’s eye.

If someone does this to grief others, well, why not just move on and let it go? I cannot see the team investing the time to show spawners’ names, and I really don’t believe this request has a high level of priority. If a dev decides to take on this request, I’m sure they will post to indicate that.

Just this morning someone spawned a Feast directly on top of a banker in Lion’s Arch. No need to do that – its not like you’re about to run into a dungeon or WvW or something. It did make it difficult to select the banker, luckily there was another that no one had done something to.

Here are some reasons that aren’t malicious:

1. Thought they had double clicked on the feast from the bank tab, but instead from their inventory tab and spawned it instead of storing it in the bank.

2. Were trying to be nice and give boosts to those at the bank before they run off to do whatever but forgot to take a few steps away from the bank.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I think these instances are pretty rare, for I play the game for hours every night, and a lot on the weekends, and I can’t remember this happening more than once or twice. I also happen to believe that many if not most are accidental, and not a form of griefing.

Can you imagine someone who accidentally spawns a banker or other element getting suspended? Really?? “Dear player — you put your golem banker in the wrong place, so welcome to SuspensionLand™.” That just doesn’t set well in my mind’s eye.

If someone does this to grief others, well, why not just move on and let it go? I cannot see the team investing the time to show spawners’ names, and I really don’t believe this request has a high level of priority. If a dev decides to take on this request, I’m sure they will post to indicate that.

Just this morning someone spawned a Feast directly on top of a banker in Lion’s Arch. No need to do that – its not like you’re about to run into a dungeon or WvW or something. It did make it difficult to select the banker, luckily there was another that no one had done something to.

1. Thought they had double clicked on the feast from the bank tab, but instead from their inventory tab and spawned it instead of storing it in the bank.

2. Were trying to be nice and give boosts to those at the bank before they run off to do whatever but forgot to take a few steps away from the bank.

While that might be true here and there, this type of thing happens often enough in multiple situations that it is generally known to be griefing.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Seera.5916

While that might be true here and there, this type of thing happens often enough in multiple situations that it is generally known to be griefing.

That would be true if it was the same person. But I highly doubt that that’s the case.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Wouldn’t it be easier to just make it impossible to grief people using spawnable objects?

• Certain NPCs can only be used the the player that spawned them — change those to windows (like the perma bank, which doesn’t create an NPC).
  • Other objects can simply be given a lower priority than any other interact in the game — if they spawn accidentally or purposefully on a node, people would interact with the node first. The Bobblehead lab (or whatever) would be the thing that people have to struggle to use.

I’d rather prevent the issue than figure out who to punish (or what punishment is appropriate).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Those aren’t trays you see used for buffs at the events or in WvW. And those inexpensive-but-mostly-useless trays are not something someone might accidentally make and place a lot of.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Wouldn’t it be easier to just make it impossible to grief people using spawnable objects?

• Certain NPCs can only be used the the player that spawned them — change those to windows (like the perma bank, which doesn’t create an NPC).
  • Other objects can simply be given a lower priority than any other interact in the game — if they spawn accidentally or purposefully on a node, people would interact with the node first. The Bobblehead lab (or whatever) would be the thing that people have to struggle to use.

I’d rather prevent the issue than figure out who to punish (or what punishment is appropriate).

This would be the least complex way to resolve it, and would solve dozens of small problems at once.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

Okay it is anoying but i dont see a big problem. if i see a npc, portal or item inside the objective you have to interact with, I use my mouse cursor to click on it to interact. You can look at the cursortype what kind of interaction it is.

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Spawning food trays on top of the tactivators, especially the Emergency Waypoint, is a common and irritating tactic in WvW. I couldn’t target the EWP at Hills a day or two ago because someone in the incoming zerg had dropped about 20 trays on it.

It’s not something I’d make a fuss about but to rely on players being careful, considerate and honorable seems a lax way of handling what is in essence a technical issue. It would be a lot neater if all interactables, spawned and static, had a small exclusion zone around them that prevented placement of others within the immediate vicinity.

Good fences make good neighbors.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People do know that you can click on interactable objects to give them interact priority right? I have never once been blocked from interacting with something. You can always click on the object and then interact with it. This is a non-issue by people who aren’t aware of all ingame options.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

People do know that you can click on interactable objects to give them interact priority right? I have never once been blocked from interacting with something. You can always click on the object and then interact with it.

1. Some things, like Vistas, can’t be clicked on to give them priority.

2. Other things are difficult to click on, such as the bank vendors in Divinity’s Reach, who are behind a barrier.

3. If it’s something you need to use quickly, such as a bundle/environmental weapon in an event, you may not have the time to keep trying to find a point where you target it and not the player items.

This is a non-issue by people who aren’t aware of all ingame options.

I think it is you that lacks awareness of the issue, not the other players. But it only really becomes a big issue in very limited situations, so it’s quite likely you’ve never encountered them. If so, I envy your luck.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Fernshade.9016

Fernshade.9016

You espouse a double standard here Gaile. “why not just move on and let it go?” The game has a verbal abuse report function, an inappropriate character name report function, why can’t people just “move on and let it go?” as you suggest? Why are those behaviors considered so bad that there are people forced to rename their characters or suspended for comments and yet other trolling behavior is, in your opinion, considered not anywhere as bad? A persons character name who you may never see in game again is surely something that could be “let go” yet constant banker golems or boxes of fun spam at reward chests, etc which impacts way more people and can cause people to lose out on rewards. Before anyone says that ‘verbal abuse" is so much worse, well you have a block button, use it. We don’t have a block button for the golem banker that can be constantly spammed at an interact location.

I understand what you are getting at here, however, there is a fundamental difference in the two actions. If someone is acting inappropriately in any of the chats, or has an inappropriate name, they are providing you with their account info as well as evidence of their behavior and should already be aware of the potential risk they are taking. I don’t think it is necessarily that one action is worse than the other action, but accountability and guilt are much harder to determine in the case of spawned npcs or items. Certainly if you see someone doing it, and it is to an excessive amount, you should report them. The OP was about a single banker dropped on top of a vista which, yes sucks, but ultimately can’t be proven as malicious and is much better to just let go.
In the case of world boss chests you can just turn on autoloot and aoe loot and as soon as the event is done the chest is looted for you. Most other things can just be selected to give them priority. The ones that need fixing are things that can’t be selected, such as vistas, hero points and things like that. For all my time in wvw I have never pulled a tactivator so I’m not sure if those are targetable.

Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck [ICEE]

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

SuspensionLand™.

That’s got to be an easter egg. It’s either the title for Expansion 2, or Josh’s next Jumping Puzzle, right?

Astralporing.1957

People do know that you can click on interactable objects to give them interact priority right? I have never once been blocked from interacting with something. You can always click on the object and then interact with it. This is a non-issue by people who aren’t aware of all ingame options.

Go ahead, click that harpoon

Actions, not words.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The way I look at it, if someone spawns a banker or TP near a node, chest, mastery etc, it’s probably accidental, but happens so rarely it’s tough to say.

If they put a fun box on a tarir grand chest or final JP chest though, that person is probably a troll.

On the other hand, I’ve seen mesmers put ports right in the middle of these items, doesnt make the mesmer a troll per se, but one never knows for sure.

TPs die after so many mins or when the person leaves the map, fun boxes, aviator boxes etc. should die when the person leaves as well, but I dont believe they do.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Twice in the last week someone put the box ‘o fun right in the big round chests under the city in the Auric Basin. The behavior is annoying but definitely not something that’s worth suspending someone over.

I think a simple solution would be to put an exclusion zone around NPCs, chests, nodes, etc. Give a simple message that they can’t drop the item at the location. Ether that or send them to the Rata Sum jail with some pocket raptors no matter where they are in the world. They’d have to kill the pocket raptors before they can jump out. Joke for a joke.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Here’s a perfect example from tonight on the Captains Airship.

Someone “accidentally” dropped a box of fun on the trading post NPC and also “accidentally” dropped a box of fun on the Bank NPC

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Does rarity have ANY BEARING WHATSOEVER on giving us the tools to report deliberate doucebaggery?

You of all people saying “oh, just let deliberate griefing go” is actually kind of terrifying.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Seera.5916

Does rarity have ANY BEARING WHATSOEVER on giving us the tools to report deliberate doucebaggery?

You of all people saying “oh, just let deliberate griefing go” is actually kind of terrifying.

If they put names on top of it, then innocent players who did accidentally put a NPC on top of a NPC or vista or whatever would likely get griefed in return. And worse griefing than what they did.

I’d rather they do something that would make it so that players can’t be griefed in that way. Like not being able to spawn things within X distance of a NPC or vista or whatever. Like spawned items not being the top priority when they’re right on top of each other, so that players wanting to use the box of fun or feast or NPC have to manually select. NPC spawns that aren’t for everybody could stop spawning the NPC and the map icon. There are plenty of ways to fix the solution without adding in ways for other players to grief those who aren’t interfering with NPC/Vista/whatever usage intentionally.

I do agree that the way Gaile’s post came off is a bit like it’s not a big deal that players are griefing others that way because it’s not common. I don’t know if she meant to come off that way or if ANet feels that way. I hope not, but I’m not a mind reader.

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

I believe her point was to not go all vigilantly on a player in case it was an issue of “oops”, not that griefing was allowed.

However, I do believe she underestimates how rampt it really is. Also without tools to prove one way or another, there is precious little than anecdotal, perception biased, commentary on the forums. (my stance on this matter has already been stated.)

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Wow, this is the first time I saw someone at ANet take notice of this problem. And threads like this one have been around for ages.

Yes, some of the placements are accidental. No one really gets agry over a bank golem in a gathering node or vendor. But no one can tell me that a huge amount of cheap food trays are “accidentally” spawned around one expensive tray, or that a pilot box and a wobble head laboratory “just happened” to spawn right next to an event pick-up item. At some point naivety has to stop and you have to realize that this is deliberate grieving.

TT Wurm is propably the most grieved event in the game. Besides the fact that it’s easy to grieve and sometimes even fails, personal feuds and rivalrys between organisations make this a popular target. You just have to open your eyes to see that TT grieving happens on a daily basis. From small-time trolling like placing a pilot box in front of the end chest to obvious sabotage like the one shown in stale’s picture, something like that happens all the time. I think it’s sad that this is seen as a minor issue. For me this is one of the biggest issues the game currently has.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Shavanna.3758

Shavanna.3758

Should’nt the solution for this problem be rather easy? Just change the priority for the selection of the “f-target”. If there is a mark (=vista, mastery point, …) it has the highest priority, even if a golem banker is at the same position.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Go ahead, click that harpoon

Ok well that is on a different level then placing a single NPC on something. That is clearly trolling and destructive behavior. Things like that should indeed be removed. There is no reason to be able to drop multiple items in a single area like that.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For what it’s worth, I had trouble in my Guild Hall today! A guildie spawned a merchant on top of the nodes (knowing them, they had plenty of the disposable merchants and didn’t want to run back to a vendor). Cost me a few extra keystrokes.

It certainly wasn’t malicious on their part, so none of the suggestions about identifying the originator would have stopped this from happening.

Again, I prefer that ANet simply makes it so ‘spawnable’ NPCs can’t get in the way of other people’s use of nodes (whether gathering or chests or whatever).

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

How about you just move on? Are you really going to ban someone for this? Lol. How do you deal with life if you cant even deal with something so small and not even life changing or threating. Theres more important issues to worry about. Did you know you can lower your mouse to click on the Vista? Might take a while but it takes effort. Unless you’re too lazy and used to just doing a simple click. I doubt anyone does it on purpose. And if they do so what? Move on. Geez.

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

I’ve seen this a lot too. And I’m sorry, it’s hard to believe spawning something attop an interactive objective is ‘accidental’, I mean, how would you not know that doing so makes it hard for other players who need that objective -whether it be a Vista or a boss chest, or whatever- to get it. If they are not being malicious, at the very least they are being inconsiderate, I mean, you just need to think a little. Players SHOULD have a little consideration for others.

As for how to punish them, there would be no need to suspend them upon their first offense. Lets give them the benifet of a doubt, ANet can just give them a friendly letter letting them know that what they did disrupts gameplay and they need to be more careful. If it happens a second time after the recieved the letter, it’s probably not an accident, in which case ANET could send another friendly letter reminding them to be careful, and warning that further transgressions may result in suspention. And upon the third Incident, there’s no way that was an accident, at which point ANET can suspend them.

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

The simplest thing would be to disallow use of the items within a certain range (300?) of anything that can be interacted with. No one needs a bank vendor so badly that they can’t take 5 steps in another direction, anyway.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Seera.5916

I’ve seen this a lot too. And I’m sorry, it’s hard to believe spawning something attop an interactive objective is ‘accidental’, I mean, how would you not know that doing so makes it hard for other players who need that objective -whether it be a Vista or a boss chest, or whatever- to get it. If they are not being malicious, at the very least they are being inconsiderate, I mean, you just need to think a little. Players SHOULD have a little consideration for others.

As for how to punish them, there would be no need to suspend them upon their first offense. Lets give them the benifet of a doubt, ANet can just give them a friendly letter letting them know that what they did disrupts gameplay and they need to be more careful. If it happens a second time after the recieved the letter, it’s probably not an accident, in which case ANET could send another friendly letter reminding them to be careful, and warning that further transgressions may result in suspention. And upon the third Incident, there’s no way that was an accident, at which point ANET can suspend them.

Sometimes it’s easy to tell if it’s accidental or on purpose. Sometimes it’s not.

Sometimes a player makes a mistake and if it was NOT done to grief others, they should not be punished at all for it. No matter how many times they do it on accident.

Now I’m not saying the status quo on the situation should remain. I’d rather ANet make it so that players who do it to grief, can no longer grief others in that manner. That’s a win-win-win-lose. Wins for those the griefers grive, wins for the players who wish to use vistas and npc’s, wins for those who accidentally spawn items on top of things and then feel bad, and a lose for the players who grief.

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Sometimes it’s easy to tell if it’s accidental or on purpose. Sometimes it’s not.

Sometimes a player makes a mistake and if it was NOT done to grief others, they should not be punished at all for it. No matter how many times they do it on accident.

Now I’m not saying the status quo on the situation should remain. I’d rather ANet make it so that players who do it to grief, can no longer grief others in that manner. That’s a win-win-win-lose. Wins for those the griefers grive, wins for the players who wish to use vistas and npc’s, wins for those who accidentally spawn items on top of things and then feel bad, and a lose for the players who grief.

Im sorry, I cant understand your logic. Unless youre a new player who is completely unaware of how the game works, you would realize that placing a banker golem on a Vista is a bad idea because it will make it hard for other players to use said vista. It’s common sense/knowledge.

That being said, why would you knowingly place a one there, when you know that it will cause other players problems? An accident? I can’t accept this, the vista is directly in front of you, how can you not see it? If you see it and place one there anyways, you are either ignorant as to the harm your actions will cause, inconsiderate to other players, or you are griefing(causing trouble). And honestly, none of those are acceptable excuses, if you break the law, ignorance will not save you.

But because this is just a game, and the accident doesn’t cause serious harm, a little ignorance is within acceptable parameters. Howevery that ignorance should be corrected to prevent further incidents, and that is solved by the first letter, wherein no disciplinary action are taken other than simply letting the player know what they did caused trouble, so please avoid it in the future.

And if it happens three times (especially after you’ve been made awear that it is a problem) I’m sorry, that’s no accident. All you have to do is look at the screen to see that there is a Vista in front of you, to know that placing a golem there is simply a bad idea. It’s not rocket science. So if you did it more than once, and you know such actions cause a problem, you did it on purpose.

Why are you defending this so hard? Most players would get their first letter and from then on be careful, and the lapse would never occur again. So they would have nothing to worry about. The only ones who would actually have to face punishment are the ones who did it multiple times, the ones who actually like griefing… so, are you one of those players? Thanks for identifying yourself. You don’t want us to punish these kinds of players because you don’t want to get punished when you do it?

If that’s not the case, don’t worry too much, the system I proposed would only punish multiple offenders. And it’s only possible to do this multiple times if you do it on purpose…

OtakuModeEngage.8679

The only reason I could see someone defend not punishing players for a reocuring ‘accident’, when its impossible for it to be an accident, is because they enjoy doing the said ‘accident’ and would like to be able to continue doing said ‘accident’ without facing punishment.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

There’s already a solution in the game. Just click what you want to interact with first. It may be a nuisance if people place a ton of stuff around, but it’s not like it’s impossible to interact with the stuff. Even the infamous Nightmare Chest, because it’s so huge and easily clickable.

OtakuModeEngage.8679

There’s already a solution in the game. Just click what you want to interact with first. It may be a nuisance if people place a ton of stuff around, but it’s not like it’s impossible to interact with the stuff. Even the infamous Nightmare Chest, because it’s so huge and easily clickable.

Things arnt always easily clickable, especially when you have a zerg of players and/or a mob of enemies. I’ve had times where it has been a real struggle to even target a world boss by clicking. That being said, whether you can click or not is of little relevence, wrong is still wrong, griefing is still griefing, and it should not go unpunished.

Astralporing.1957

You haven’t really been reading posts in this thread, have you?
I’m going to repeat myself here, but…
Go ahead, click that harpoon.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Zin.1673

Zin.1673

The harpoon thing is a thing, the spawning on npc is another.

The …idiot clearly intended to ruin a whole party hard work during the Wurm event, you can’t put it on the same level of someone that would do a little joke by placing a BoF on a merch npc…

Astralporing.1957

The harpoon thing is a thing, the spawning on npc is another.

The …idiot clearly intended to ruin a whole party hard work during the Wurm event, you can’t put it on the same level of someone that would do a little joke by placing a BoF on a merch npc…

Both people wanted to have fun at someone else’s expense. Intention of both was griefing. While scale is not always the same, i do not see that much difference. And you do need to put a line somewhere – will it be at two items? Five? Ten? Fifty?

Ignoring smaller cases of griefing and treating them as inconsequential only encourages those people to move on to creating bigger problems.

Actions, not words.

Seera.5916

Im sorry, I cant understand your logic. Unless youre a new player who is completely unaware of how the game works, you would realize that placing a banker golem on a Vista is a bad idea because it will make it hard for other players to use said vista. It’s common sense/knowledge.

That being said, why would you knowingly place a one there, when you know that it will cause other players problems? An accident? I can’t accept this, the vista is directly in front of you, how can you not see it? If you see it and place one there anyways, you are either ignorant as to the harm your actions will cause, inconsiderate to other players, or you are griefing(causing trouble). And honestly, none of those are acceptable excuses, if you break the law, ignorance will not save you.

But because this is just a game, and the accident doesn’t cause serious harm, a little ignorance is within acceptable parameters. Howevery that ignorance should be corrected to prevent further incidents, and that is solved by the first letter, wherein no disciplinary action are taken other than simply letting the player know what they did caused trouble, so please avoid it in the future.

And if it happens three times (especially after you’ve been made awear that it is a problem) I’m sorry, that’s no accident. All you have to do is look at the screen to see that there is a Vista in front of you, to know that placing a golem there is simply a bad idea. It’s not rocket science. So if you did it more than once, and you know such actions cause a problem, you did it on purpose.

Why are you defending this so hard? Most players would get their first letter and from then on be careful, and the lapse would never occur again. So they would have nothing to worry about. The only ones who would actually have to face punishment are the ones who did it multiple times, the ones who actually like griefing… so, are you one of those players? Thanks for identifying yourself. You don’t want us to punish these kinds of players because you don’t want to get punished when you do it?

If that’s not the case, don’t worry too much, the system I proposed would only punish multiple offenders. And it’s only possible to do this multiple times if you do it on purpose…

Just because I don’t want innocent players to get banned for accidental spawns, does not mean that I’m one of the griefers. I’m not.

And the innocent players who accidentally spawn things on vistas aren’t doing it to grief anyone, no matter how many times they do it on accident even after they’ve been informed that that’s a problem. Accidents happen. Even to players who know it’s annoying. And that makes it not against the rules. Players should not be punished for not breaking the rules.

And you’ve seemed to miss the parts where I say that it’s a better idea for ANet to remove this as a means to grief. Which would only negatively affect the griefers and not those who do it on accident. So please, stop to read what I say before labeling me as something that I’m clearly not.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It turns out: this might be a recurring ‘accident’:

The Item Booster includes several bonuses, including plus magic find, plus crafting crit chance, plus extra gathering, and…

Summons a Black Lion Merchant If Your Inventory Is Full after Gathering (20-Minute Cooldown)

So folks who travel with nearly-full inventories are going to pop up vendors every 25-30 minutes … often right next to a gathering node.

This is incredibly easy to test: fill up your inventory, pop a booster, and gather.

Accordingly, punishing spawners is a terrible idea, unless they first change this mechanic.

A much better solution is to prevent the issue, which also resolves a number of other issues:

• Change the BL vendor to a pop up, exactly like the banker and guild banker work.
  • Change spawnable ‘fun’ nodes to be the lowest possible [f] key priority (or use a different interact key).

I have no idea if this is easier than other solutions, let alone ‘easy’, but it entirely prevents intentional griefing and accidental issues. It also removes ANet support from the equation and all of our personal opinions about what constitutes griefing.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

How about change personal items that no one can talk to.. not spawn at all, but instead only have the window appear for that player only.

However we’ll still run into the problem with stuff like bobblehead laboratory, or box-o-fun, etc.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

How about give an option to “vote to dispel”. You click on the annoying spawned thing and check a box at the bottom to dispel it. If three different accounts do so, it’s gone.

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Just because I don’t want innocent players to get banned for accidental spawns, does not mean that I’m one of the griefers. I’m not.

And the innocent players who accidentally spawn things on vistas aren’t doing it to grief anyone, no matter how many times they do it on accident even after they’ve been informed that that’s a problem. Accidents happen. Even to players who know it’s annoying. And that makes it not against the rules. Players should not be punished for not breaking the rules.

And you’ve seemed to miss the parts where I say that it’s a better idea for ANet to remove this as a means to grief. Which would only negatively affect the griefers and not those who do it on accident. So please, stop to read what I say before labeling me as something that I’m clearly not.

Okay then, explain how you would ‘accidently’ spawn a golem banker on a vista.
*Fact one: you have to double click on the golem banker to spawn it, which means it can’t spawn unless you intentionally make it spawn.
*Fact two: the item you summon appears right in front of you
*Fact three: given fact 2, you know if you spawn a banker when a Vista is in front of you, the banker will appear atop the vista.
*Fact four: you know spawning a banker on a Vista makes it hard for players to use said vista.
*Fact five: if you know fact three, and yet still do it, you are intentionally screwing over other players, which is known as griefing.

Now here’s the benifet of a doubt clause: Let’s say your finger slips, or your computor goes haywire, and you accidently click the wrong thing. Okay, accidents happen. But the probability of a specific accident(spawing an NPC on a intractable object) occuring thrice, when most players don’t even do it once, is all but impossible.

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It turns out: this might be a recurring ‘accident’:

The Item Booster includes several bonuses, including plus magic find, plus crafting crit chance, plus extra gathering, and…

Summons a Black Lion Merchant If Your Inventory Is Full after Gathering (20-Minute Cooldown)

Well, I assume is pretty easy to fill your inventory by gathering a Vista. Or to fill your inventory gathering whatever you want by sitting right on top of a reward chest. Or to fill your inventory gathering materials at the end of a JP. In fact, I think all the players were in the situation when viewing a vista they received the message “you are encumbered” :-))

Going around in circles in this problem resembles to the eternal debates on a hot (not HoT) subject where nobody has the courage to say something “politically incorrect”.

In my opinion this behavior is characteristic to some peoples having psychical issues. They ENJOY to make others aware of their presence. Even if this awareness means a lot of four letters words. Usually, they can correct the issues with the help of the friends or family. Making them a little bit responsible. But, without any reaction from the others, the issues can progress. Maybe ANet refuses to realize that some players spend 8-10-12 hours playing GW2. For them GW2 is a real living environment. And a source of social"education".

So, ANet should act in this issue. Not by punishing those … “pranksters”, I think this will be too much. But by making sure the others are not forced to be involved in this kind of “pranks”. Setting an exclusion area around every object you can interact.

Seera.5916

Okay then, explain how you would ‘accidently’ spawn a golem banker on a vista.
*Fact one: you have to double click on the golem banker to spawn it, which means it can’t spawn unless you intentionally make it spawn.
*Fact two: the item you summon appears right in front of you
*Fact three: given fact 2, you know if you spawn a banker when a Vista is in front of you, the banker will appear atop the vista.
*Fact four: you know spawning a banker on a Vista makes it hard for players to use said vista.
*Fact five: if you know fact three, and yet still do it, you are intentionally screwing over other players, which is known as griefing.

Now here’s the benifet of a doubt clause: Let’s say your finger slips, or your computor goes haywire, and you accidently click the wrong thing. Okay, accidents happen. But the probability of a specific accident(spawing an NPC on a intractable object) occuring thrice, when most players don’t even do it once, is all but impossible.

Innocent players should not be punished for not breaking the rules. End of story, nothing you say will convince me otherwise. Accidental spawnings, no matter how frequent are not done to grief other players and is therefore not violating any rules.

I’d rather ANet put forth efforts that will make it impossible to grief by blocking interactable NPC’s or Vistas or event required items with spawned items. Because then it’s a win for everyone but those who troll and grief.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’d like to suggest that all interactive objects (i.e. anything that gives a player an F prompt) have a No Spawn zone created around them. Attempting to summon a BLT Agent or Banker Golem or any other interactive object would then display an error message that reads “You are too close to another object to use this item”.

This way the player that wants to summon something can simply take a few steps away and use their item without issue while the griefers are completely negated.

Server: Devona’s Rest

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Innocent players should not be punished for not breaking the rules. End of story, nothing you say will convince me otherwise. Accidental spawnings, no matter how frequent are not done to grief other players and is therefore not violating any rules.

I’d rather ANet put forth efforts that will make it impossible to grief by blocking interactable NPC’s or Vistas or event required items with spawned items. Because then it’s a win for everyone but those who troll and grief.

There is no arguement about this point. I agree 100% that innocent players should never be punished for an accident. However where I simply cannot agree with you, is that such transgressions can possibly be accidents.

Once, okay, twice, maybe; I’ll grant you that possibility. But for this situation to occur, very specific things must all happen at the same time. It’s like the movie final destination. Any one of the things featured in the movie could happen, but for them all to happen at once, creating a destructive chain of events that culimates in mass death, is astrinomical; there’s better chances for a meter to hit and wipe out the earth.

In that same way, it’s possible for you to be standing at a vista, it’s possible for you to have you inventory open while there, and its possible for you to double click on the wrong item, but for all those possibilities to happen on accident at once, is unlikely. And for all of those events to happen multiple times, is impracial to the verge of impossible.

Like in anime where a boy accidently falls down the stairs and accidently locks lips with a girl. The stars would have to align for that to happen in real life. And to happen multiple times… yeah, I don’t buy it. If it’s so rare to the point of being suspicious, then suspicion is well founded.

(edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679)

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Fixing client error

Seera.5916

There is no arguement about this point. I agree 100% that innocent players should never be punished for an accident. However where I simply cannot agree with you, is that such transgressions can possibly be accidents.

Once, okay, twice, maybe; I’ll grant you that possibility. But for this situation to occur, very specific things must all happen at the same time. It’s like the movie final destination. Any one of the things featured in the movie could happen, but for them all to happen at once, creating a destructive chain of events that culimates in mass death, is astrinomical; there’s better chances for a meter to hit and wipe out the earth.

In that same way, it’s possible for you to be standing at a vista, it’s possible for you to have you inventory open while there, and its possible for you to double click on the wrong item, but for all those possibilities to happen on accident at once, is unlikely. And for all of those events to happen multiple times, is impracial to the verge of impossible.

Like in anime where a boy accidently falls down the stairs and accidently locks lips with a girl. The stars would have to align for that to happen in real life. And to happen multiple times… yeah, I don’t buy it. If it’s so rare to the point of being suspicious, then suspicion is well founded.

So you’d rather ANet work on a way to punish those who don’t break the rules but not work towards a way to prevent it from happening at all…..

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I don’t care about spawned stuff intended or not, but a nice way to cycle through the different F possibilities (e.g. shift-F selects the next) would be a great QoL-improvement.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t care about spawned stuff intended or not, but a nice way to cycle through the different F possibilities (e.g. shift-F selects the next) would be a great QoL-improvement.

Next ally in options usually does this, though it might not be effective in cases where someone drops hundreds of items somewhere. It does work to separate out 2 or 3 interactable items to allow you to press f for the one you want.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Dayra.7405

Next ally in options usually does this, though it might not be effective in cases where someone drops hundreds of items somewhere. It does work to separate out 2 or 3 interactable items to allow you to press f for the one you want.

Thanks for the hint, didn’t used that so far. It may help sometimes, but it also has a serious drawback: it has a to long range and includes to many things like player, pets, mini’s, all friendly NPCs (if they talk to you or not), while 100 of items are rare, but 100 of players with pets and minies are not. So it’s not very useful to cycle through e.g siege-constructions at a gate with the zerg around…

A cycle through only the F possibilities at current position would be nicer.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

Dayra.7405

The OP reminded me of another GW2-feature I hate:
You cannot view Vista’s while in combat.
Especially on places where the high is important this is very anoying.
Mobs never reach you where you are, still you never loose their aggro.
So it’s always: climb the high position, logout, login, watch vissta, very anoying.