Can you tone down the content of loot bags?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mapisto.2154

Mapisto.2154

I find myself spending 15 mins just opening bags and salvaging/selling whats inside.
Every bag contains another bag and the loot is kind of irrelevant for a veteran level 80 player.
The majority of us are level 80 and playing end-game content.. I don’t think any of us find the loads of blue/green gear useful.
It just takes a lot of space in the inventory and you have to clean it up very often.
Can you tone it down a little bit?

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

This post is utterly ridiculous…. that is all …

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I find myself spending 15 mins just opening bags and salvaging/selling whats inside.
Every bag contains another bag and the loot is kind of irrelevant for a veteran level 80 player.
The majority of us are level 80 and playing end-game content.. I don’t think any of us find the loads of blue/green gear useful.
It just takes a lot of space in the inventory and you have to clean it up very often.

I like the large variety of loot, otherwise it’s the same as getting gold, only more tedious. I like the potential to get more interesting drops. I like doing something to turn the bags into value, rather than just absorbing junk.

What I do to help manage the inventory: I never open bags until I’m ready, then I do them all at once. I use the search filter to find stuff I don’t want to salvage (in my case ‘staff’ which I forge). Even without the Copper-Fed salvage kit, I spend less time ‘processing’ loot boxes than I spend on earning them.

By the way, loot bags are ANet’s answer to the problem of dropping stuff directly — when that used to happen, you were forced to deal with full inventory more often (especially since it was harder to afford bigger bags or slots). Loot boxes/bags gives you the power to decide when to deal with inventory.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

My only problem is the piles of minor sigils/runes that I get after mass salvaging. While I’m on the go, I don’t want to have to stop and find a vendor to get rid of that stuff. So each time I purge my inventory by salvaging everything, my available space gets smaller and smaller as it fills up with garbage runes/sigils.

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

im sorry but WHAT? you have no use for leather or wood or ore of any kind? what game are you playing?

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

My only problem is the piles of minor sigils/runes that I get after mass salvaging. While I’m on the go, I don’t want to have to stop and find a vendor to get rid of that stuff. So each time I purge my inventory by salvaging everything, my available space gets smaller and smaller as it fills up with garbage runes/sigils.

Pro Tip : Leave all your bags stacked until you have done everything or put them in your bank for when you have nothing else to do. That way you can salvage to your hearts content while heaving a vendor close by like in Lions Arch. There is no need to empty all your bags on the go when they stack and only take up one space.

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Pro Tip : Leave all your bags stacked until you have done everything or put them in your bank for when you have nothing else to do. That way you can salvage to your hearts content while heaving a vendor close by like in Lions Arch. There is no need to empty all your bags on the go when they stack and only take up one space.

Yeah, bags I leave unopened to save space but things like chest farming in Bitterfrost, the loot is transferred directly into my inventory forcing me to salvage and collect junk runes/sigils.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Loot balance in GW2 is a natural result of anet’s “zero scarcity” economic model.

Because there is no competition for loot or crafting material sources, it inevitably results in a massive amount of excess unless you do exactly what anet did and make the economy about acquiring quantity rather than quality.

Loot is mostly massive amounts of low value items in GW2 because if it were not the entire economy would break down. This is also why virtually every post-release item of significant value is either ridiculously rare, account bound, or requires a corresponding sink of a massive amount of crafting materials from the market to acquire.

While in some games the AH is an optional way to offload your extra stuff or buy a few extra units of the material you need, GW2’s economy is purposely designed around providing players with massive amounts of stuff they don’t need while simultaneously requiring them to acquire massive amounts of stuff they don’t have in order to suck gold out of the ecnomy through AH fees as the primary currency sink, and the massive amount of crafting materials that result from the “everyone gets a drop” loot system are sunk in to crafting by requiring a correspondingly massive amount of material.

Those blues and greens HAVE to be the majority of loot for loot to work at all in such a system.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

It takes 15 minutes to clear your bags, Huh? I don’t know how that’s even remotely possible, unless maybe you’re watching a movie/show while doing it and paying more attention to the movie/show. Before the ‘Salvage All’ feature I could easily open and salvage 3 stacks of champion bags in give or take 5 minutes.

With the ‘Salvage All’ feature you should be able to clear your bags in easily like a minute, after a Tarir Multimap Meta, or Tangle Depths Meta, or whatever else you’re doing. Even IF you’re not salvaging anything it still wouldn’t take 15 minutes to clear your bags, it would probably take even less than if you were salvaging.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’d be receptive to the OP’s request if the GW2 reward system was primarily based on serendipity. It isn’t though. Aside from Precursors and a few items in specific content, the reward system is incremental. All of those blues/greens get salvaged and either used to make stuff or sold to those who want to make stuff. So, no thanks to the OP’s request. Do not want.

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

If you don’t want the blues/greens, I’ll happily take them off your hands. I have 9 lv.80s but haven’t hit 300% luck MF, plus the mats are always nice.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

It takes 15 minutes to clear your bags, Huh? I don’t know how that’s even remotely possible, unless maybe you’re watching a movie/show while doing it and paying more attention to the movie/show. Before the ‘Salvage All’ feature I could easily open and salvage 3 stacks of champion bags in give or take 5 minutes.

With the ‘Salvage All’ feature you should be able to clear your bags in easily like a minute, after a Tarir Multimap Meta, or Tangle Depths Meta, or whatever else you’re doing. Even IF you’re not salvaging anything it still wouldn’t take 15 minutes to clear your bags, it would probably take even less than if you were salvaging.

It really depends if you merchant your rare runes or send em off on the TP. To me I get so many runes I don’t care I’m losing a silver or two a piece by finishing quickly instead of waiting for the TP to list them and waiting through the error when u sell to many to fast.

To me runes and sigils are the biggest problem. You get so many and they do not have a use. Most green ones don’t even have a list value above merchants. The system needs to be revamped to where they are salvaged into a resource and have all the stat sets as unlocks and use that resource to change/use them.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

wow… cleaning bags even completely full for me usually takes at most 5 minutes.. and that’s if I’m taking my time. Global salvage, portable merchant… anywhere and simple.. Not sure I understand the issue here…

Selling the low level stuff on the TP, to me, is a waste of time… just sell it to the vendor.

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Silence!

Some of us enjoy our blue and green loot quite a bit. Than you, very much.

Move along people. Nothing to see here.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Another perspective:

What if every other blue/green was instead a drop of 3-5 mats instead ?

Would roughly even out to the same amount of total loot as salvaging it, about same value (or more if you get iron etc). Saves you 6 coppers for a copper-fed-use and no sigil/rune.

More specifically it stacks.

How would people like something like that ? (Not seeing it happening, just pondering alternatives)

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Another perspective:

What if every other blue/green was instead a drop of 3-5 mats instead ?

Would roughly even out to the same amount of total loot as salvaging it, about same value (or more if you get iron etc). Saves you 6 coppers for a copper-fed-use and no sigil/rune.

More specifically it stacks.

How would people like something like that ? (Not seeing it happening, just pondering alternatives)

Maybe?

I really don’t mind the runes and sigils. I vendor them to cover my salvaging costs, so that balances itself out.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

15 minutes? Wow.. can you tell me where you find 15 minutes of worth of bags. Because I sometimes do meta events in hot and such. But 20-30 bags is about average. 1-2 minutes of clicking and sometimes merchantimg because the bags got full. I think OP tripped on an ant and now complains there are too many elephants

LanfearShadowflame.3189

15 minutes? Wow.. can you tell me where you find 15 minutes of worth of bags. Because I sometimes do meta events in hot and such. But 20-30 bags is about average. 1-2 minutes of clicking and sometimes merchantimg because the bags got full. I think OP tripped on an ant and now complains there are too many elephants

I can see 15 minutes worth of clean up (which includes opening bags), but only after something like a 5+ instance AB MM with at least 2 characters doing the looting phase.