Can you use 2 items from laurel vendor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rykdean.6253

Rykdean.6253

Seems like I read a thread on here at some point about someone buying two items from the laurel vendor but was only able to use one. I picked up a ring last night, and wanted to pick up an amulet also, but worried I wouldn’t be able to use both.

I tried searching the forum, but wasn’t having much luck. Can anyone tell me if this will be ok? I don’t want to waste the laurels picking up something I can’t use.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Does it say “Unique” ?
What do you think the word “unique” means ?
Do you know the Highlander movies ? What’s its main quote ?

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

There is no such limitation, buy away.

The only thing is that you can’t equip two of the same item (doesn’t matter where/how you bought it).

Does it say “Unique” ?
What do you think the word “unique” means ?
Do you know the Highlander movies ? What’s its main quote ?

He’s talking about buying a ring and an amulet. It was 5 sentences.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

The only thing is that you can’t equip two of the same item (doesn’t matter where/how you bought it).

Do you mean 2 of the same item of ascended gear only?

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Do you mean 2 of the same item of ascended gear only?

It’s not ascended gear that’s the determinant, it’s the “Unique” label. However, very few items besides Ascended gear possess this label. The Ancient Karka Shell accessory is one.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Yes you can have multiple different ascended trinkets gotten from the laurel vendor.

The case where you can’t use “both” that you are probably thinking of is that you can’t equip two copies of the exact same trinket.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Basically, you could wear “Ring of the Ascended Bunny” and “Ring of the Ascended Jackalope” at the same time, but not two “Ring of the Ascended Bunny”s.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Thanks for the answers all, I had not known about the unique attribute before!

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

few words: pay attention to rings/earrings. if you want the same stats for both the items, you must buy the one with offensive infusion slot and the one with defensive infusion slot. if you buy two times the same item, you cant equip it.

Rykdean.6253

Thanks all for the replies and clarification. I do want the same stats if I can find it, but wanted to make sure I could do that with an amulet and a ring. I’ll be sure to get one with offensive infusion slot, and one with defensive.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not having played other MMOs, I didn’t know unique meant you can’t wear 2 of the same. I had thought it meant merely that you wouldn’t find those exact stats on another item. If something is unique, in the real meaning of the word, it means there is literally only one of them and only one person in the entire universe could have it. Since the word unique here does not have the normal dictionary meaning, then the ingame meaning should be spelled out somewhere. Perhaps by the NPC who sells them.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

few words: pay attention to rings/earrings. if you want the same stats for both the items, you must buy the one with offensive infusion slot and the one with defensive infusion slot. if you buy two times the same item, you cant equip it.

Not necessarily. Look at the stat combinations, there are some with two Offensive and two Defensive options. Rule to follow is that if it has the Unique tag that you just can’t have two of the same name.

Rykdean.6253

Sounds like I’m not the only one who wasn’t clear on this issue. Thanks for all the help