Canadian retailers? Non-existent

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Ok so first gripe:

There is no Canada option when searching for the retailers….so I used US

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/retailers/#UnitedStates-physical

-Under Digital Download-

Then the majority of retailers do not even carry Guild Wars 2!

EBgames, Amazon.ca and GameTap have no records of Heart of Thorns, DLgamer (the only site with HoT listed) will not accept any credit cards from me (canada based)

The crap guys?!

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Heart of Thorns shows up for me at GameStop US when I click the link on the retailers page. Same for Amazon. (EB Games is not listed as an official retailer.)

Did you put Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in each retailer’s site page search bar?

(I can send the links if you so desire.)

Good luck.

Zietlogik.6208

Heart of Thorns shows up for me at GameStop US when I click the link on the retailers page. Same for Amazon. (EB Games is not listed as an official retailer.)

Did you put Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in each retailer’s site page search bar?

(I can send the links if you so desire.)

Good luck.

Ya, I was just using the Canadian equivalent Gamestop = EBgames, Amazon.ca vs .com

And ya, they just aren’t listed

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh. Well, maybe the US equivalents will accept your credit card or paypal account information.

Good luck.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

EBGames was the official retailer for Canada, but they were dropped from the list at the last minute. I’m guessing they wouldn’t agree on a price due to the exchange rate.

If you’re going to purchase it over the internet anyways, why not just buy direct from buy.guildwars2.com? You should be able to use amazon.com for digital purchases (you just have to use a fake address).

Zietlogik.6208

Each retailer is subject to their own sales and terms.

For example, currently DLgamer has the base edition of Heart of Thorns on their week sale for 20% off.

But their online store refuse credit cards outside of EU (it seems, or perhaps just that item) even though it is listed as one of their main NA retailers.

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m in Canada and I purchased from the gw2 official site. I think you’d be hard pressed to find any deals right now considering that our dollar has taken a nose dive recently. That combined with the fact that ANet usually won’t help you out if you bought from a 3rd party, should there be any problems, and it was obvious for me that buying direct from ANet was the best way to get HoT.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Zietlogik.6208

Ya, that is understandable, but it still seems strange that they have a list of trusted retailers on their site, with a wide list of countries, but exclude Canada, and have no ties to Canadian retailers…like we don’t exist

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

In terms of revenues, we probably don’t “exist” to any extent worth worrying about in the eyes of big business. Consider in our entire country there are as many people as in the STATE of California. Sad but true. We often get shafted because we are just too small on the economic scale.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Zietlogik.6208

In terms of revenues, we probably don’t “exist” to any extent worth worrying about in the eyes of big business. Consider in our entire country there are as many people as in the STATE of California. Sad but true. We often get shafted because we are just too small on the economic scale.

yet…Malta is listed…an island with under 500k inhabitants :/

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Do you need help buying it at a particular store? (because of price maybe?)
PM me if yes and if you have a paypal account.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

EBGames was the official retailer for Canada, but they were dropped from the list at the last minute. I’m guessing they wouldn’t agree on a price due to the exchange rate.

If you’re going to purchase it over the internet anyways, why not just buy direct from buy.guildwars2.com? You should be able to use amazon.com for digital purchases (you just have to use a fake address).

Hopefully that is the case with EBGames, and that they’ll continue negotiating.
Would be nice to see a 50$ price tag instead of some increased value because of exchange.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yeah, that doesn’t open up anyone to being scammed.

If they have a PayPal account they can buy directly from the GW2 website.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Zietlogik.6208

There was a 20% sale on DLgamer, but it wouldn’t accept any credit cards. Apparently it is a french site, but its listed under the US retailers

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

There was a 20% sale on DLgamer, but it wouldn’t accept any credit cards. Apparently it is a french site, but its listed under the US retailers

They have different sites: www.dlgamer.us

It looks like they support PayPal. You could try using that to mask your credit card if they’re actually rejecting them.

Don’t expect to see it until after launch though, when any retailer can obtain the standard edition.

Posted by: MrDaaark.2604

MrDaaark.2604

There is a sale on today on Amazon UK. For 40$ CDN I can have it shipped on a CD from the UK. But it will cost just under 70$ CDN for a digital key from the US. No mention of it on Amazon Canada or any Canadian retailer.

(and still no revenant slot… )

Zietlogik.6208

They have different sites: www.dlgamer.us

It looks like they support PayPal. You could try using that to mask your credit card if they’re actually rejecting them.

Don’t expect to see it until after launch though, when any retailer can obtain the standard edition.

Dlgamer.us was the site I was using, but it just a sister site to the french one (which is their main site) since trying to use their customer service just took me to the french one.

They have the sale for 12% now, but still :/

Zietlogik.6208

There is a sale on today on Amazon UK. For 40$ CDN I can have it shipped on a CD from the UK. But it will cost just under 70$ CDN for a digital key from the US. No mention of it on Amazon Canada or any Canadian retailer.

Wait…that sounds strange, didn’t Anet say they weren’t going to have physical copies? (i may have misinterpreted)

I thought they were sticking to digital codes from here on out.

(NM, looking at the site, they have a little make-shift container with the code in it….that still seems weird all-in-all)

MrDaaark.2604

It was listed as (PC CD) this morning. But yeah, I see the pics the reviewer posted. A DVD case with a number inside. My point was it was 30$ cheaper in Canadian dollars to physically ship something across the ocean than to just get a number. The prices has gone back up since this morning, and it is 60$ Canadian, which is still cheaper.

No one locally has anything for Guild Wars. Even on the top gaming retailer’s site, a search for Guild Wars returns listings of Star Wars Funko figures.

Harny.6012

Im actually nice enough to send a code first
But you wouldn’t know untill you would ask

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Okay please send buyer A the code first. Then when they register it and don’t pay you what will you do about it? Oh, a customer support request to prove ownership. In most cases the person that registers the code is the account owner, that is if the code is legit. The person that didn’t pay you could say you gave it as a gift if you contest it. Sorry for you luck. Either way, I don’t think Anet will support what ever it is you are up to and anyone that takes you up on your offer is just asking for problems.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

The first is a blatant scam. HoT does not have, or will ever have, as currently stated by Anet, physical media purchase options. It’s purely digital.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Still an illegitimate transaction.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The first is a blatant scam. HoT does not have, or will ever have, as currently stated by Anet, physical media purchase options. It’s purely digital.

I think the FAQ states there are physical copies available, as well as the list of Official Retailers (Digital and Physical).

Yes. Starting on June 23, 2015, you’ll be able to pre-purchase boxed and digital editions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns from our official retail partners (additional retailers may be added during the pre-purchase period). You may also be able to pre-order through retailers, but there is no official pre-order program and pre-purchasing is the only way to receive the benefits of our pre-purchase program, including access to all of the Beta Weekend Events.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ

Now, what seems to be the issue is finding said official retailers that carry the boxed edition.

MrDaaark.2604

It’s a box with a code in it. Try reading the thread before knee jerk posting.

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

Yeah, I checked at EB Games here in Alberta a few days ago and they have no Pre-Orders available, in fact the first 2 guys had no idea what Heart of Thorns was, they needed to ask the manager and he confirmed they don’t have it.

Moreover I couldn’t even find any mention of HoT or even base GW2 on their Canadian site even Amazon.ca has no HoT pre-orders or otherwise available.

What gives Anet, no love for Canada?

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

The option for getting it that I know of is by buying online and you’ll just have to accept that you are going to have to eat the $30ish dollars due to exchange rate. I checked a few EB’s in Sask and they had no idea what i was talking about.

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

The option for getting it that I know of is by buying online and you’ll just have to accept that you are going to have to eat the $30ish dollars due to exchange rate. I checked a few EB’s in Sask and they had no idea what i was talking about.

I figured that much, would still be nice to hear an official response as to why Canada and even Australia were omitted from their retailers list when other countries like Bulgaria and Malta (I mean c’mon really? There’s more people living in my city then in that entire country!) managed to make it onto their list.

(edited by Nomad.4301)

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Let the canucks & aussies into the game anet!

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

I’ll be honest in that I don’t find it surprising or a very large lack of thought that there isn’t a CAD pre-purchase option directly with ANet. I was expecting to go through EBgames or some other local retailer.

To have our local retailers not supported, and apparently falling out over negotiations is a bit more worrying, but also nothing new. I understand exchange rates and that CAD is particularly weak right now, although gaming industry precedent has never really seen CAD game prices stray far from USD prices.

At the point where Malta has local support (so it’s not a question of market size) and Canada doesn’t with no reasons given, it’s an outright insult. Heck, ANet is in Seattle even and can probably see Canada from a high enough spot before they take a weekend vacation over the ferry straight to Vancouver Island. For them to pretty much just forget about us without a word is extremely disheartening.

Posted by: XinAvier.7069

XinAvier.7069

^^ Yeah! what he said! …Eh.

Harny.6012

Okay please send buyer A the code first. Then when they register it and don’t pay you what will you do about it? Oh, a customer support request to prove ownership. In most cases the person that registers the code is the account owner, that is if the code is legit. The person that didn’t pay you could say you gave it as a gift if you contest it. Sorry for you luck. Either way, I don’t think Anet will support what ever it is you are up to and anyone that takes you up on your offer is just asking for problems.

I’m very sorry you don’t meet that many helpful people on your journey through life.
We exist.
Have a nice day!

Posted by: mamochan.9820

mamochan.9820

One month to go, and still no word on Heart of Thorns release for Canada?
I’m not buying through guildwars2.com as the exchange rate is too low

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

I used to shop exclusively at E&B games but over the years they have pretty much dropped PC support/sales and is focused on consoles only. I now boycott that store, I will never shop there again; in all 3 stores in my area they have no idea what a pc is and they have very little PC items in stock. I can’t even order any thing from them, they just won’t do it. I tried to order gw2 hot from them and they just looked at me like I was crazy; I kid you not, they had no idea what GW2 is and one clerk even told me there is no such game. Horrible store, just awful. Heck london drugs is better.

As to OP, get a vanilla visa pre-paid card and use that ingame; this is how I have been buying things in gw2 for year now and I have had zero issues. Just make sure you have a big enough pre-paid b/c since we are canadian we get hit by taxes, exchange rates, hidden fees, etc so it will end up costing way more than what Anet lists. It sucks but most the retailers up here won’t order in a pc game unless it has an extremely high demand so only way I know of to get most things is online purchases only now.

(edited by fixit.7189)