Candy Corn Vendor New Items?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

“The Candy Corn vendors found in Lion’s Arch have been updated with new items.”

So is this just the Shackles of Madness Skin? What other new items? I see the same items from last year. Where are the new minis? I have been looking for them from any of the candy corn vendors but none of them have it. And what about all the other cool new skins they released like the mummy backpack, or the pumpkin head hammer?

I already know the bat wings are from gem store. But yeah… anyone know anything about the new items from the vendors, or the minis and stuff?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

vendor got Gwynn mini for 100 cobs, new minis are from t&t bags, i got a devil dog mini.

Also new drops from bags are exotic weapons, i got a pumpkin hammer and demon axe.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: maniamsmart.7981

maniamsmart.7981

vendor got Gwynn mini for 100 cobs, new minis are from t&t bags, i got a devil dog mini

Aww man. Guessing all the cool new skins are from t&t bags too then.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are the weapons and minis account bound or sellable?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

vendor got Gwynn mini for 100 cobs

Yeah, not happy about this. After a couple hundred hours farming the whole year to get one, they do this. Then they remove Maize farming completely on top of it.

Looks like JS just keeps protecting traders as the only ones allowed to have any gold in game.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Wanze.8410

Are the weapons and minis account bound or sellable?

both tradeable

DeWolfe.2174

Oh, the mini Gwyn drop rate is much more common now. I’m looking at 1 in 2000 range atm. Oontz Necklaces drop frequently now too. Pretty much everything about ToT bags and their contents that made them valuable is toast.

Incredibly salty that a fun form of being productive in game has been lost.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

vendor got Gwynn mini for 100 cobs

Yeah, not happy about this. After a couple hundred hours farming the whole year to get one, they do this. Then they remove Maize farming completely on top of it.

Looks like JS just keeps protecting traders as the only ones allowed to have any gold in game.

I’m seriously kittened by this. Opening freaking 1.5 mil bags to get the mini only so they make it totally worthless now. I’m so disappointed.

Posted by: Unknown.2189

Unknown.2189

Has anyone gotten the new Moa mini with pumpkin on his head yet? I didnt see it in any of the vendors and havent seen it on TP. or have they not released it yet?

Link Triforce/Atticus Roach
-Warrior/Necromancer-

DeWolfe.2174

I’m seriously kittened by this. Opening freaking 1.5 mil bags to get the mini only so they make it totally worthless now. I’m so disappointed.

Yeah, if they just left the ToT bags and maize alone, I’d be happy. Now, I’m extremely close to contacting support and asking for a refund for all my HoT purchases. At the very least, Anet’s definitely cut off from any future purchases from me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

I got Gwynn, I forgot when, but I was opening TOT bags trying to increase my luck when out she popped…and it was not after a million bags, more like one stack.

I am thrilled that she is affordable for everyone

I felt like I had to use her as my only mini as she was so rare.

Now, I can run about with my Orange Fox, and Candy Corn Skritt, and all my favorites again.

Lisa-Going to bash wolves with her new Pumpkin Hammer..I hate Wolves.

Laraley.7695

I got Gwynn, I forgot when, but I was opening TOT bags trying to increase my luck when out she popped…and it was not after a million bags, more like one stack.

Now, I can run about with my Orange Fox, and Candy Corn Skritt, and all my favorites again.

Yeah, it’s great people had to farm for it and now it’s given out like candy. Maybe you got lucky but there were tons of people trying to get it for months. It’s certainly not fair what they did.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah, it’s great people had to farm for it and now it’s given out like candy. Maybe you got lucky but there were tons of people trying to get it for months. It’s certainly not fair what they did.

Last year it was the exact same complaint, except it was about the mini ghost Charlotte being available by cobbs when preciously it was gem store. There were people unhappy about that.

My guess is, from now on, old ones are cheaper and new one are more expensive.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

100 cobs is too easy and unfair? Get out. That’s like 400 gold.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Does anyone know the names of the new weapon skins that come out of the bags?

edit: here they are

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/23/gw2-new-skins-from-halloween-trick-or-treat-bags/

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

vendor got Gwynn mini for 100 cobs, new minis are from t&t bags, i got a devil dog mini.

Also new drops from bags are exotic weapons, i got a pumpkin hammer and demon axe.

Are the other minis tradeable? (I know weapons/armor skins from the ToT bags are, from dulfys page on them)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Wanze.8410

Are the other minis tradeable? (I know weapons/armor skins from the ToT bags are, from dulfys page on them)

i got 3 mini devil dogs which are traded for a couple of gold

Laraley.7695

So horrible. Totally comparable to buying 1.5 MILLION bags which each are worth 5s and opening them. You get some of the money back but it’s still way more than 400g.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Cool. Looks like they listened to last years complaints.
Glad they added the ghost dog to the corn vendor. At least the rest of us have a way to get him now.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Cool. Looks like they listened to last years complaints.
Glad they added the ghost dog to the corn vendor. At least the rest of us have a way to get him now.

This is precisely what I predicted would happen.

Old stuff goes to vendor and new stuff goes in the ToT bags at a low, low rate.

If you don’t get lucky this year, you have the option to farm for next year.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

So horrible. Totally comparable to buying 1.5 MILLION bags which each are worth 5s and opening them. You get some of the money back but it’s still way more than 400g.

You were unlucky. The Droprate for that mini is 1 / 200 000 bags. Each bags cost 5 silver and should get you back between 4 and 4.5 silver each.

It’s still around 1-2k gold (highly dependent on luck) compare to the current 400 gold. To be fair, it should have been around 250 Cobs.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

And some got it in under a stack of treat bags as posted in this thread. What’s your point?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The point is that spending lots of money or time on getting ANYTHING depending on RNG is not wise.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Anyone know where the dyes are obtained?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

then how else are you supposed to get an RNG item then? “SOMEONE” has to open bags or none will ever be gotten?

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Which begs the question, what good is having an economist for a game if it makes the game less fun?

Laraley.7695

And some got it in under a stack of treat bags as posted in this thread. What’s your point?

Yeah, it was RNG. There definitely wasn’t many people getting it under 1 stack. The sample size last year wasn’t that great. There were lots and lots people opening millions of bags to get the mini. My point is its kittening ridiculous to hand it out for free this year.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

My point is its kittening ridiculous to hand it out for free this year.

If thats your point, then its invalid as it is not for free. People have to farm or buy 100,000 corn in order to get it. I know you are annoyed because rng was against you, we’ve all been there when someone who has played 2 weeks gets a precursor drop but its rng (which I hate) and all you can do is move on.

Laraley.7695

If thats your point, then its invalid as it is not for free. People have to farm or buy 100,000 corn in order to get it. I know you are annoyed because rng was against you, we’ve all been there when someone who has played 2 weeks gets a precursor drop but its rng (which I hate) and all you can do is move on.

No, the point is that they added something, which was rare. Letting people spend gold and effort to get it only to make it WAY easier to get next year is complete bs. Getting 100 cobs takes close to no effort. No, RNG wasn’t against me, the mini was actually rare. Making it common is the reason why I’m kittened.

I don’t care if there was a 0,1% people who got it in just a few bags as long as the mini remained rare. I do care when everyone who farmed for it can only feel like an idiot for doing so since they completely ruined the value of the mini.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No, the point is that they added something, which was rare. Letting people spend gold and effort to get it only to make it WAY easier to get next year is complete bs. Getting 100 cobs takes close to no effort. No, RNG wasn’t against me, the mini was actually rare. Making it common is the reason why I’m kittened.

I don’t care if there was a 0,1% people who got it in just a few bags as long as the mini remained rare. I do care when everyone who farmed for it can only feel like an idiot for doing so since they completely ruined the value of the mini.

So you weren’t interested in it as just a cool mini but as a sign of “good fortune”? “Big bank”? “Carpal tunnel?” Since it was account bound it’s not like it’s price on the TP crashed.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Laraley.7695

So you weren’t interested in it as just a cool mini but as a sign of “good fortune”? “Big bank”? “Carpal tunnel?” Since it was account bound it’s not like it’s price on the TP crashed.

I got the mini because I liked it and because it was rare. There is basically nothing rare in gw2 anymore since they just readd old rewards and let people have it for way less effort. I don’t know how people think that’s okay. Oh ye, let everyone have everything since it would be horrible if people weren’t able to get rewards for old content they didn’t play, huh?

DeWolfe.2174

Look, if people don’t understand this, Mini Gwyn was basically a Legendary mini. This change was the equivalent of taking Eternity and making it a common drop. So you can imagine those of us who invested a lot of time and effort into getting one over the year, this feels like crap. For me, all of the fun and excitement of launch completely derailed and is stuck in a ditch.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well that’s because of the bi-polar nature of the game. Always fighting between “casual” play, however you define that, and requiring as you put it “an effort”. In your case the effort was obtaining 100K or more T&T bags, likely from the TP or “grinding” (another word open for definition) the previous Halloween event.

That doesn’t make the mini rare, it makes it exclusive to the tier of players where gold or gaming time isn’t a limiting factor in play.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Laraley.7695

Well that’s because of the bi-polar nature of the game. Always fighting between “casual” play, however you define that, and requiring as you put it “an effort”. In your case the effort was obtaining 100K or more T&T bags, likely from the TP or “grinding” (another word open for definition) the previous Halloween event.

That doesn’t make the mini rare, it makes it exclusive to the tier of players where gold or gaming time isn’t a limiting factor in play.

Yes, it actually makes the mini rare as not many people have it, ya know?

It was 1.5 million bags.

DeWolfe.2174

In your case the effort was obtaining 100K or more T&T bags, likely from the TP or “grinding” (another word open for definition) the previous Halloween event.

Mini Gwyn’s status created a lot of interest in the game for me. Because another option to get one, after grinding the heck out of last years event, was to set up the farming spots we did. I have an entire RP event around Trick or Treat farming. I have special characters, special guild tags, and was very good at organizing the harvest. I was quite proud of seeing players work together with such precision on the production mechanism we built. Which also got removed from game today with these changes. These changes overall feel like a blanket nerf to Halloween with a “here, have everything at the vendor” and then forget it existed.

oh, editing to add I’m at way more than 100k bags opened too. Heck, I had 100k in the bank just to open today first thing. Had all this planned for while and was ready to do a drop rate research video and poof, that all died before even the official launch when I saw Gwyn in the vendor.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)