Candy Corn is in an endless loop

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Due to the Maize Balm farm, which continues to this day, candy corn will never deplete due to being stuck in an endless loop.

This is done in Grand Barrier Isle in Bloodtide Coast.

A single person throws a balm, which hits 3-4 crows. Each crow turns in to a candy corn elemental, which drops a guaranteed Trick-or-Treat bag. 5-8 people can get a tag on these mobs and recieve loot from them.

This means each throw spawns 15-32 Trick-or-Treat bags, and you get 3 throws per balm, and since the bags drop an average of 10 candy corn per bag, that means each balm spawns 450-960 candy. And balms only cost 100 candy corn to craft, along with other plentiful and vendor priced components from the bags.

Additionally each bag has a 5% chance to drop a full balm, meaning there is a 75-160% chance of a full balm.

This means, on average, 1.17 balms drops for every balm used, and 7.05 times worth of materials needed to make a balm drop from each balm.

This is broken and a gigantic oversight that should be fixed. Hopefully if done now there is a chance the massive oversupply can be reduced by the time next Halloween starts.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Man it sure is October 2014 in here.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Due to the Maize Balm farm, which continues to this day, candy corn will never deplete due to being stuck in an endless loop.

This is done in Grand Barrier Isle in Bloodtide Coast.

A single person throws a balm, which hits 3-4 crows. Each crow turns in to a candy corn elemental, which drops a guaranteed Trick-or-Treat bag. 5-8 people can get a tag on these mobs and recieve loot from them.

This means each throw spawns 15-32 Trick-or-Treat bags, and you get 3 throws per balm, and since the bags drop an average of 10 candy corn per bag, that means each balm spawns 450-960 candy. And balms only cost 100 candy corn to craft, along with other plentiful and vendor priced components from the bags.

Additionally each bag has a 5% chance to drop a full balm, meaning there is a 75-160% chance of a full balm.

This means, on average, 1.17 balms drops for every balm used, and 7.05 times worth of materials needed to make a balm drop from each balm.

This is broken and a gigantic oversight that should be fixed. Hopefully if done now there is a chance the massive oversupply can be reduced by the time next Halloween starts.

You do realize that the recipe is time-gated?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Maize_Balm

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Thank you for the tip on where to do Maize balm farming.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

As long as the farmers don’t have a go at people doing the event (which they don’t seem to) then this niche gameplay to gather this niche ingredient can do whatever it likes.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Makes buying corncobs for the 20 slot bags cheaper. I approve.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Come on man, this is keeping the price of 20 slot bags down…

Be quiet!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Makes buying corncobs for the 20 slot bags cheaper. I approve.

Be quiet!

LOL, my thoughts exactly when reading this thread.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Be quiet!

But think of the flippers who are trying to sell their 10000 stacks of candy corn…

At next hallowean, Anet just going to release more items that use candy corn. So Anet dont’ need to worry about next hallowean. If you going to sell, just hold it during the first day of hallowean and dump on the first day. It’s like it every hallowean.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Hey, as long as the Halloween Pails (20 slot bags) remain cheap then I’m very happy. Believe me, they’ll find a sink for candy corn.. And it better be a good one.

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

What’s your complaint about a useful and unique resource being easy to acquire?

By the by, there would still be bountiful home instance candy corn nodes if they did change this.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Did nobody else buy a Candy Corn Gobbler? That eats a ton of my candy corn every day.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Did nobody else buy a Candy Corn Gobbler? That eats a ton of my candy corn every day.

I bought one but since I don’t do WvW it’s of little use. The major boost is the WvW one. The others are random, not always useful and the number of candy corn and the time it takes to get a useful boost that lasts a good amount of time made me park mine in my bank. I can get useful, specific boosts cheaper by other methods.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m pretty sure that there’s way more candy corn being produced by home instance nodes than by maize balm farming.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’m happy the prices are low and this is coming from a person who ‘invested’ in 100 stacks of candy corn.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN