Cannons and catapults

Cannons and catapults

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

tl;dr – WvW can be fun for everyone.
____

First off, it is a well known fact among my guild and many friends that if anyone is at the bottom of the list in regards to PvP, it’s me. In fact, for the face to face, mele type PvP, I would probably best help my server in WvW by joining the enemy’s server.
That being said, I have to say hats off to Arenanet for adding things like cannons, trebuchets, and so on. It gives people such as myself a chance to help out in WvW without having to spend 80% of the time running from a waypoint back to where the action is. Using a trebuchet to knock out walls so people can swarm in and take over is a lot of fun, and for once my own team doesn’t seem to complain about my skills (or lack of).
Same thing goes for cannons when defending a site. Out of the total kills I have, the majority of them are with a cannon (the rest are generally luck while button mashing in a zerg clash).
Overall it’s nice to feel like I’m more than just another body to rez on the field.
I usually stick with PvE in MMO’s, but WvW is some of the best fun I’ve had in an MMO.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Cannons and catapults

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Oh man I can sit on the walls at SM and canon/mortar snipe all day collecting badges and the occasional rare/exotic from bags it is indeed one thing AN got right in wv3.

Cannons and catapults

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I thought this post was going to address a couple of the annoying things I find about using cannons/trebs etc but nope I was wrong lol.

I’m with you I love using things like cannons, trebs etc but as I said there are 1 or 2 annoying things about them. Well ok so I can think of only 1 right now and that being everytime you start using one your camera angle changes to a sort of 1st person view! I hate this it eats up valuable seconds (readjusting your view so you can see your enemy again!) when you are really trying to help kill playrs in that 1 sPvP map with the cannon or defend your castle/keep/tower with a cannon/Engineer mortar. I hope they fix this!

Sorrry for raging on your post but I hope that if you too find this an issue that you see it as a positive and hopefully we can get that small issue looked at so we can all get back to our cannony fun!.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Cannons and catapults

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The readjustment of the camera is a bit irritating at times, yeah.

My only real complaint is that items like trebuchets cost a bit much (for the blueprint) to only have a half hour lifespan when unattended. It would be nice if you could “mothball” an item and then use some supplies to bring it back to full functioning order later on.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!