Cant communicate with people from my Server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

As of the latest change, I am now unable to communicate with people from my homeworld / language base, because i use the english client rather than the german one for the sole reason that i dislike the german synchronisation and play all games in english to begin with, and the chat is now filtered by what Client language i use, meaning that everyone from my server/language wont see what i say in chat because I get filtered out since the option is activated by default.

I would like for this to be adressed in a different way, or i would like to know if it will only be a temporary fix and will be properly fixed later on, because i am not exactly happy with the way it is handled as of now.

Please take players who use different client languages into consideration when you change something. Thank you.

PS: Edited the entire initial post since someone pointed out it might get deleted because of the way it was written.

PS2:
My fix suggestions:
1. Adding more filter options:
Give people the choice what language they want to filter, say, If my client is english and i want to see the german chat, give me the option to set it to german. This could be extended to support single or multiple language filters, so it could allow me to see the english and german chat because i understand those languages, but i do not understand frensh or spanish, so i want to filter those out.

2. Modify the Megaserver system so it only throws server of the same language base into the same pot. in general; all german servers, all french servers all spanish server and all english/non-specific servers. that way, you can maintain the language based communities that have been formed since release, and also avoid the whole name calling and general vile behaviour between nations that is happening right now.

I will add more if i can think of anything.

(edited by AysonCurrax.3254)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Megaserver will never be removed, suggesting it is just a waste of time. It feels weird that they have the option by default tbh but yea and a simple option to turn it on or off is more than enough.

AysonCurrax.3254

Megaserver will never be removed, suggesting it is just a waste of time. It feels weird that they have the option by default tbh but yea and a simple option to turn it on or off is more than enough.

uhh, no. not really. Just because you hide it with a fancy chat filter doesnt mean the whole vile name calling will stop happening. all it does is covering it up.

nGumball.1283

uhh, no. not really. Just because you hide it with a fancy chat filter doesnt mean the whole vile name calling will stop happening. all it does is covering it up.

Though maybe it is becasue the playerbase is trash and can’t respect others rather than Anet’s fault that humanity can’t be respectful?

AysonCurrax.3254

Though maybe it is becasue the playerbase is trash and can’t respect others rather than Anet’s fault that humanity can’t be respectful?

and whos decision was it to mash servers with different languages together? Pretty sure that was Anet’s. Wouldnt have been a problem at all if they actually valued the Server identity people had before this mess. If anything, they should have kept the French, Spanish, German and English servers apart in the megaserver filtering instead of just throwing them all in the same pot.

nGumball.1283

and whos decision was it to mash servers with different languages together? Pretty sure that was Anet’s. Wouldnt have been a problem at all if they actually valued the Server identity people had before this mess. If anything, they should have kept the French, Spanish, German and English servers apart in the megaserver filtering instead of just throwing them all in the same pot.

Meaning that we have to accept that humanity is trash and can’t play in a friendly enviourment in the first place because of racial reasons. It is pathatic.

AysonCurrax.3254

Meaning that we have to accept that humanity is trash and can’t play in a friendly enviourment in the first place because of racial reasons. It is pathatic.

well, bunching them together when initially giving them the choice of what kind of language or player base they want to play with and the just taking that away from them surely isnt going to make them get along. I am pretty sure people picked non-international Servers for a reason.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The last thread of this sort was deleted. Perhaps it’s a good idea to edit your posts to be less pointed and argumentative and more constructive/informational. You get problems fixed faster that way than the whole “ERMIGERD, Y U DO DIS 2 MEH” kneejerk reaction.

AysonCurrax.3254

The last thread of this sort was deleted. Perhaps it’s a good idea to edit your posts to be less pointed and argumentative and more constructive/informational. You get problems fixed faster that way than the whole “ERMIGERD, Y U DO DIS 2 MEH” kneejerk reaction.

might have another look at it and fix some of it.

AysonCurrax.3254

added fix suggestions to the OP

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

This might not help completely, but I noticed that my English language client has the option to turn off English only in the chat. That is on the general chat setting.

AysonCurrax.3254

This might not help completely, but I noticed that my English language client has the option to turn off English only in the chat. That is on the general chat setting.

that only fixes it for me, though. the issue is that everyone else who has a german client on my server will not see my posts anymore.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So the obvious solution of having a different megaserver for each of the language-based servers doesn’t work why? Is this just Anet saving money?

AysonCurrax.3254

So the obvious solution of having a different megaserver for each of the language-based servers doesn’t work why? Is this just Anet saving money?

would seem that way. otherwise its just a bad design decision i guess. something that should have been predicted knowing how different languages bases clash like this on pretty much every other game aswell. But here is hoping they will actually adress it and not leave it like this :/

AysonCurrax.3254

So, i would like some more feedback from other players on this matter, because the issue still hasnt been resolved.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

It’s the weekend, if a critical bug fix wont be pushed out over the weekend, I dont a resolution to this issue would be pushed out either.

Part of the problem may be that you’re getting on maps where it’s essentially an “overflow” of sorts, where there’s not enough people of XYZ languages to put them into their own map copy, so they get put together as a result.

AysonCurrax.3254

It’s the weekend, if a critical bug fix wont be pushed out over the weekend, I dont a resolution to this issue would be pushed out either.

Part of the problem may be that you’re getting on maps where it’s essentially an “overflow” of sorts, where there’s not enough people of XYZ languages to put them into their own map copy, so they get put together as a result.

yeah, the thing is its not what they initially promised, of sorts. they pretty much claimed you would be put together with people who speak your language, or your homeworld, friendslist, guild, for that matter. None of that is actually the case. its pretty much just overflows as of now than actual megaservers as they should be, i find.

AysonCurrax.3254

well, i am glad to see that the Edge of the Mist issue has been solved. However, I am bumping this post once more because this is still a serious and very frustrating issue I want to be considered and possibly fixed as soon as possible.

It simply doesnt allow me, as a player, to play the game how i want to play it, and by that, i mean choose which language i want to play in, and what people i want to communicate with.

Wasnt one of the blog posts entitled “removing restrictions” ? it feels like quite the opposite is the case, sadly.