Cantha?

Cantha?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brainiac.1708

Brainiac.1708

does anybody know if cantha is in the plans for GW2?

Cantha?

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It is not.

I mean, never say never, but I think they’ve been pretty clear that there aren’t any plans in the works for a return to Cantha. They’re focusing GW2 on Tyria (the continent,) and they’ve deliberately left open areas like the Crystal Desert and the Far Shiverpeaks to probably explore in the future.

People like Cantha, and I think there are bound to be devs who like it, but I think they’re just trying to focus on one region in-depth, instead of splitting between Tyria, Cantha, and Elona.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Cantha?

Posted by: swansea.2453

swansea.2453

Cantha? lol if things keep on going the way they are GW2 will be dead in a year.

Cantha?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

There is a mega thread on cantha somewhere. This will get merged with it so you’ll find it easy enough then.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Cantha?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They did say that they don’t want to make a large world, so I don’t really expect to see much more in this game regarding new maps. I think it’s likely that they’re going to try to continue the game without adding any new maps. I think they’re just going to offer new content in the old maps going forward.

Cantha?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

LOL they can’t even manage to make new weapon skins without destroying the company and you want a continent?

Cantha?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

After the meltdown last week, I doubt we’ll ever see a current Cantha now.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Cantha?

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Perhaps a legendary journey to Cantha will be one of the advertised features of the next expansion

sorry I just couldn’t resist

Cantha?

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I wouldn’t be so sure. I’m kind of expecting the next expansion to involve Cantha. I’m almost betting on a Cantha + Bubbles expansion. I don’t think they’ll go straight into the Kralk plot like everyone’s expecting. I think that’s going to be expansion 3 at the earliest.

Perhaps not, but I’m leaning towards that theory. Reason?

Some extremely wild unfounded speculative reasons, the new legendary shortbow screams Cantha to me for some reason. I can see it being kind of a prelude to that culture. I also have always found it strange that we rebuilt this extremely coastal sea-creature themed Lion’s Arch and there has always been that concept art of Bubbles attacking Lion’s Arch. Farfetched and unfounded theory, but just two things that make me lean in that direction.

Plus, with Cantha you can have a wide variety of scenery, whereas the Crystal Dessert which is another possibility just seems like it would be Dry Top/Silverwastes all over again. Which don’t get me wrong, I like that theme and I would personally love to see a Mesopotamian Egyptian-esque themed culture set in a desert filled with oasis after oasis and deserts/canyons, I’m just not sure if that would be as interesting for a multi-zone theme as something like Cantha might be. Who knows, the two could coincide and give a wide variety of environment variation within one expansion.

As far as anything else goes, if we didn’t explore those areas what’s left? There are plenty of undiscovered areas in the Magumma Wastes, as well as Far Shiverpeaks and Ascalon territory, but what would be the theme for those areas if not involved with elder dragons aside from Jormag? How would the plot lead us to those areas for an entire expansion?

Ideally I would have loved to see the living story seasons (if they actually came out more than a year at a time with this expansion) delving further into the areas above verdant brink and around the lost precipice and raid. Larger maps opening up above those areas now that we’ve defeated the nearby elder dragon.

I would love a playable Largos though. :P

Also, would really love to explore that circle area in between Tangled Depths and Dry Top near where the ley-line hub is in Dry Top. I’ve always been fascinated at finding out what they have planned for that area given it’s undiscovered geometric shape. What is that huge ring? Old ruins? A giant world tree themed thing that could be another Sylvari civilization larger than the pale tree’s?

Plus you have all of the areas undiscovered and inaccessible within dragon stand and odd elongated stretches of land directly within the heart of thorns maps that I had imagined would be opened up within this expansion.

It is a little discouraging to think that we might have to wait till August to see some of these areas opened up if there are even plans to open them up.

Cantha?

BrotherBelial.3094

Perhaps a legendary journey to Cantha will be one of the advertised features of the next expansion

sorry I just couldn’t resist

I actually snorted when I laughed at that.

Probably true thought

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Cantha?

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I had huge doubts that they would expand out of tyria but I really think they need to.

Look at how HoT was received by their playerbase, and if they think they can for all the game into tyria then I do not see them going past the next expansion.

They could even release sections of Cantha every 3 months until the whole thing is out as I really think that if they want people to stay then they need to release some big content.

Just saying that they would be returning to Cantha would sell a ton of of copies of the game xD

Cantha?

BrotherBelial.3094

I had huge doubts that they would expand out of tyria but I really think they need to.

Look at how HoT was received by their playerbase, and if they think they can for all the game into tyria then I do not see them going past the next expansion.

They could even release sections of Cantha every 3 months until the whole thing is out as I really think that if they want people to stay then they need to release some big content.

Just saying that they would be returning to Cantha would sell a ton of of copies of the game xD

I wouldn’t put money on that, before HoT it would have been a given. Now, I’m not so sure..

Cantha?

Posted by: Byron.1902

Byron.1902

Maybe, reckon its Steve or Primordus next.

Anyone who doesn’t think Kralk will be last (The whole Guild Wars story is about him by proxy…see Glint) has been drinking.

If we’re getting Tengu, it’ll be Steve. Followed by Dwarves with Primordus, Kodan with Jormag and nothing with Kralkatorrik (maybe some sort of Abbadon acolyte race). Thats right, Abbadon will return!

But seeing as ANET is bonkers, we’ll not get any new races or land masses. And the next 6 years will be about collecting Dragon tails to make a special soup/pie which will make the whole world hold hands. And somehow one of each race will always hang out together, learning a new weapon every 1.5 years.

Cantha?

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Please move your discussions regarding Cantha to:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Cantha-Thread-Merged

the same goes for Elona in this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-Thread-For-Elona

Especially in the Cantha thread you can find a lot of discussion going on about the topic.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.