Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DredgeGolgari.8640

DredgeGolgari.8640

Do you think Anet’s ever going to add Elona or Cantha to GW2?
Those were some good times back in GW1, it would be interesting to see what those lands are up to these days.

Attachments:

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

I certainly hope so!
#koss

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

I loved them both but I like Elona a bit better so I hope that’s next if they do. Just leave out Istan please, Nightfall has me mentally scarred with that area and I never want to see it again. :P

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

for those who dont know who koss is, here is the picture:

They will still, not know who koss was, only that is needed to be known is that he never runned back to Melonni, he always runned into the fight.

>:o)

Attachments:

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They will still, not know who koss was, only that is needed to be known is that he never runned back to Melonni, he always runned into the fight.

He did “run back” to Melonni, though, and they got married.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The main thing to know about Koss is not only was he a great tank, and also that he had a decent Afro and not half of a styrofoam ball stuck on top of his head like the “Afro” in this game.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I would love to see one or both in the GW2 art style, however I doubt either will ever appear. I remain unconvinced once mainland Tyria is fully open, the game can sustain populated maps across 2-3 continents, considering how many maps rely or encourage mass team up.

Very happy to be proved wrong though.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would love to see one or both in the GW2 art style, however I doubt either will ever appear. I remain unconvinced once mainland Tyria is fully open, the game can sustain populated maps across 2-3 continents, considering how many maps rely or encourage mass team up.

They could do it if they lower the requirements after the Zerg has moved on. Make the old map meta events completeable by a handful rather than the current numbers.

Of course this will lead to endless posts about how the game is dying because people wont understand that more maps can mean less players per map.

ANet may give it to you.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d love to see the Jade Sea in GW2 graphics, but I think I’d like to see Elona more. Those were some of my favourite maps, partially because of the wide open spaces (which was unusual in GW1), and I’d love to see what they do with it in GW2.

But also because I was never happy with how we left things. I thought it was a mistake to let Palawa Joko loose, especially after he immediately started building up his army again (and we actually helped him do it!). I’d really like the opportunity to put right all the things we messed up there.

Edit: But I suspect their focus, at least for now, is on filling in the map we’ve already got. And I’m happy with that too – I’d love to see some of the places in Tyria we’ve never been before like the Isle of Janthir and the rest of Woodland Cascades (we only saw one tiny corner in GW1). Basically I want to be able to go everywhere in Tyria.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

But also because I was never happy with how we left things. I thought it was a mistake to let Palawa Joko loose, especially after he immediately started building up his army again (and we actually helped him do it!). I’d really like the opportunity to put right all the things we messed up there.

Me too. I’d love to go back to Elona and follow up with all of that.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They could do it if they lower the requirements after the Zerg has moved on. Make the old map meta events completeable by a handful rather than the current numbers.

Of course this will lead to endless posts about how the game is dying because people wont understand that more maps can mean less players per map.

They could and they could also re-design map events entirely. Viable in theory. However, this just adds to their workload as well as what you pointed out.

Like I said, I hope I’m wrong, but the game doesn’t feel set up to expand in that way. Guess that is the nature of trying to keep all content relevant, which is a big plus for the game, but could also have drawbacks down the line if we can’t expand because of it.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Just a flesh wound.3589

They could and they could also re-design map events entirely. Viable in theory. However, this just adds to their workload as well as what you pointed out.

Like I said, I hope I’m wrong, but the game doesn’t feel set up to expand in that way. Guess that is the nature of trying to keep all content relevant, which is a big plus for the game, but could also have drawbacks down the line if we can’t expand because of it.

I think this problem was one of the big reasons why it took so long for the game to add new maps. However with the addition of megaservers after launch and fine tuning of event scaling and maybe increasing map population caps on old content so that partially empty maps aren’t created, maybe this will allow them to expand into new maps and still keep older areas going. And hopefully as the game gets bigger it will attract more players to further offset map population dilution.

ANet may give it to you.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Coming soon in the distant future… Pre-order your copy of Guild Wars 3

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

A new competent, please.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: DredgeGolgari.8640

DredgeGolgari.8640

Omg I totally forgot about Koss lmao, all those times he went charging into battle Leroy Jenkins style.. aggroing several groups of monsters… good times

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Do you think Anet’s ever going to add Elona or Cantha to GW2?

No. To GW3 if we ever see that, sure.

Those were some good times back in GW1, it would be interesting to see what those lands are up to these days.

Yes, it would be.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Yeah, Elona would rock!

SBI

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

It’s not hard to tell that gw2 will continue to see new content. You can easily tell by just looking at the map. Many sections can not be traveled too. With this in mind, it would be an absolute mistake not to have Elona or Cantha considering so many people are asking for it and it is apart of the guild wars lore. Going there, just has to make sense. And right now, it doesn’t completely just yet.

Before gw2 came out, gw1 actually had its own version of living story. It was called “Guild Wars Beyond.” If you look it up on the wiki, you can come up with your own guesses on how those story lines could impact and turn out to be if we re-visit them in gw2.

Cantha: Winds of change; and the Ministry of Purity. Minister Reiko and her vision of achieving true perfection for her people while removing all the afflicted monsters out of Cantha. Currently Cantha is cut off from the rest of the world because the current Emperor wants it to be that way. And the sailing route is blocked off by Zhaitan’s minions.

Elona: Palawa Joko; he is still alive and doing who knows what in Elona. He was originally supposed to be expanded upon in gw1, but that content was cancelled. Could we potentially see that content in a future fractal? And then after that some living story that eventually lead to Elona? Maybe. But first we’d have to defeat the Dragon Kralkatorrik. Once hes gone, can we travel to Elona and finally face off against Palawa and free that entire continent.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

As much as I love Elona and Cantha, I’m starting to be more interested in the un-named areas in OP map.

What’s out there? It calls to the adventurer in me!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Etienne.3049

Etienne.3049

Given the size of Heart of Thorns, I doubt it.
It’d take several expansions per continent.

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

He did “run back” to Melonni, though, and they got married.

Still it was after the fight and not before like the dito gw2 guardian :P

And btw, funy as it is, it also fits on the gw2 balance, warrior advance, guardians runs. after a fail trap, >:o)

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Cantha or Elona in GW2?

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

elona ftw