Captain's Airship Pass?

Captain's Airship Pass?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

hiya

Is there a way Anet can maybe change it so that when you leave a character in the airship and then transfer the pass to another, they stay inside of it instead of on the ground?

Idk if maybe its like this to prevent ppl from somehow sneaking players with no passes on the ship or something but maybe there could be an automatic check to see if your account owns it or something?

Just a small thing that was bugging me :s

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Raqanar.3648

Raqanar.3648

They don’t want you to put your characters up there when they don’t have the pass. I doubt they will change that.

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

hiya

Is there a way Anet can maybe change it so that when you leave a character in the airship and then transfer the pass to another, they stay inside of it instead of on the ground?

Idk if maybe its like this to prevent ppl from somehow sneaking players with no passes on the ship or something but maybe there could be an automatic check to see if your account owns it or something?

Just a small thing that was bugging me :s

I’m sure there’s a way they could, but why would they want to? -Sid

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Just to clarify, I want it to only let people keep their characters up there if they have the permanent pass.

I have that one and I just want to be able to let my characters stay up there because I always switch from that location because its my fave :c

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Just to clarify, I want it to only let people keep their characters up there if they have the permanent pass.

I have that one and I just want to be able to let my characters stay up there because I always switch from that location because its my fave :c

Non pass holders can be ported in by mesmers so they probably need to keep it as a character check.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

I get that. But in order to accommodate that, changes would have to be made to the security system, so to speak, that would end up causing more harm than good.

Life’s full of little inconveniences sparked by individuals who are just plain jerks and don’t want to play by the rules. This is one of them, unfortunately. -Sid

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Waste of 1000 gems, haven’t used it since the week it came out. After complaining on the forums that it should put you back where you used it from when you leave, they released the Home Portal Stone. Why they cant add that function to the Captains Pass is a mystery. Seriously this item is just fodder i keep because i paid for it.

Captain's Airship Pass?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Waste of 1000 gems, haven’t used it since the week it came out. After complaining on the forums that it should put you back where you used it from when you leave, they released the Home Portal Stone. Why they cant add that function to the Captains Pass is a mystery. Seriously this item is just fodder i keep because i paid for it.

The difference is where you go from where. If it takes you inside an instance or somewhere that is not a PvE map (home instance, PvP lobby, WvW) then when you leave you return to where you were in PvE. The Airship and the Terrace are both inside the regular PvE maps. Neither are an instance or separate from PvE.

From one mode to another, return to where you were. Within the same mode, you don’t.

Edit: my guess is that the Pass acts like a pocket waypoint. You don’t return after waypointing to where you were because the game doesn’t mark your previous spot. The home instance portal, I’m going to guess acts like a pocket instance marker. Click on it and you’re inside the instance. Click again, outside the instance.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

The home portal stone functionality is the behaviour of all instances. When you leave, the game puts you back where you entered from.

The captain’s pass doesn’t put you in an instance so i’d bet there’s a lot of ‘under the hood’ stuff they’d have to implement to get it to behave the same way.

Captain's Airship Pass?

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

Then move the airship to Lions Arch..you telling me airships cant move?
I cant see why this Airship has to be parked at Vigil Keep when it was only a temporary bank when Scarlet destroyed Lions Arch.
How about let us choose where we want to park the Airship?
This week i would like to park it in Cursed Shore.

(edited by Monk Tank.5897)

Captain's Airship Pass?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Then move the airship to Lions Arch..you telling me airships cant move?
I cant see why this Airship has to be parked at Vigil Keep when it was only a temporary bank when Scarlet destroyed Lions Arch.
How about let us choose where we want to park the Airship?
This week i would like to park it in Cursed Shore.

Again. It’s not a separate instance but a part of the Gedarren fields map. It’s not like the airship in the wintersday Holidays. That place you entered was at an instance marker. The airship you could see (but not enter) was a model that appeared above different cities. The instance itself didn’t move.

To move the Gendarren Airship will require remaking that part of the gendarren map and then remaking part of the Lions Arch map. Not impossible, but also something they aren’t going to do on a whim. You can no more move the “airship” than you can move the Divinities Reach Terrace here or there.

Just because it’s in the shape of an airship doesn’t mean it’s an airship. It’s a structure, a house, with an airship shape that is part of that map. Just like any building there is part of that map.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)