Captain's Airship Pass Issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

An issue has arisen with the Captain’s Airship Pass. Its use has temporarily been disabled and sale of the pass has been halted in order to correct the problem.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

It crashed, didn it? All those leaky pipes…

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Seriously. We thought duct tape would amend the issue, but it seems to require a little heftier fix after all.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

You all heard the constant hissing of the steam and never did anything about it. Lazy engineers.

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

Can we all have temporary Terrace passes in the meantime? ;D

I’m kidding, obviously. Get those Iron Legion engineers to work!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You all heard the constant hissing of the steam and never did anything about it. Lazy engineers.

Hey now, there’s an awful lot of engi love in this community. Better watch your words.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Here I thought Kessex Hills was in bad enough shape without an airship disaster.

Not even the dragons want Kessex anymore.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: katubug.6378

katubug.6378

psst, it’s Gendarran Fields, not Kessex. XD

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s an airship. It could go a distance before crashing.

Posted by: Mypinkbunny.4513

Mypinkbunny.4513

Im just upset becuase now i have to put up with long load times in citys, i just wish they didnt take it offline

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

psst, it’s Gendarran Fields, not Kessex. XD

And it always will be!

It’s an airship. It could go a distance before crashing.

Uh, y-yeah! That’s what I meant. Wind currents, debris drift, so-on-and-so-forth.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: grimnal.2796

grimnal.2796

yeah… I hate to interrupt but, how is this even a temporary solution? This is like scrapping your car because the radio wasn’t working properly. Yeah, its a weird and sometimes annoying bug but I fail see how it warranted disabling it entirely. Considering it took a couple days just to turn it off, I imagine it will take at least a week to fix this service we paid for.

Posted by: Sasha Grey.1942

Sasha Grey.1942

Just a suggestion but it would be really cool if the captains airship moved from location to location now that the base camp isnt there anymore (and also because it is a ship)

Posted by: Sledge Stone.9017

Sledge Stone.9017

Is the airship going to be turned into an instance? I’d actually prefer that as long as we get to exit back to our previous location, like how we leave the WvW borderlands.

Or maybe also give the airship an exit from the instance to the deck of the airship so we could glide off. If not, I’d still prefer an instanced version of it over what it is now. I don’t go there to hang out with people. I just want to do some quick crafting, access the tp and leave to get away from all the endless hissing noise.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

I bet this has something to do with the fact they recently removed the barriers and enabled gliding from the airship…

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I’m interested how Anet handles this situation. Thank you Gaile for the info. I checked wiki first and there was no info in the update notes, came here and was glad to see the info.

I also think it would be cool if the airship traveled around to different maps. Having a problem while parked does not bode well for that happening.

Posted by: slashy.9721

slashy.9721

Really ANet?! Disabling a QOL item that I paid REAL money for isn’t a solution, not even a temporary. Heck, I am so kittened right now that I am thinking about contacting support and getting a refund and be done with the shop completely. There isn’t even compensation for those who own it. You know, you could have at least sent us a Terrace Pass to use as a replacement in the meantime (even a 14 day one would be ok if you get a fix in that time). I honestly don’t get why anyone thinks it was acceptable to disable it, especially with Easter holidays coming up, and the usual patch cycle is that there are no more bugfixes until first Tuesday in April (and I hope I am wrong with this, but I doubt it).

I bet this has something to do with the fact they recently removed the barriers and enabled gliding from the airship…

Which was working fine for a few weeks now, so I doubt it. Problems started three days ago.

Admin, Developer and sole ruler of http://timer.gw2tools.de

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

You could redirect pass owners to the royal terrace in the meantime, I think we have some capacities there. Refugees welcome!

Posted by: mblmg.4820

mblmg.4820

Can we all have temporary Terrace passes in the meantime? ;D

I’m kidding, obviously. Get those Iron Legion engineers to work!

Why are you kidding though? This would have been a fair workaround.

I bought the Airship Pass for convenience with real life cash and now all I have is dysfunctional junk which takes up inventory space.

I expect this to be fixed ASAP or be given a Royal Terrace pass or else I will have my gems refunded.

Posted by: bargamer.1762

bargamer.1762

Oh yeah, I’m cool with my Captain’s Airship Pass redirecting me to the Royal Terrace instead. A convenience location is a convenience location to me.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What is the actual problem?

If it’s that anyone who used the pass was getting stuck there, or hit an endless falling bug (where you land outside the map and just keep dropping through empty space) or something like that disabling it may actually be much better than keeping it useable.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

I agree a Royal Terrace pass until the Airship pass is fixed seems reasonable. Not as good as the Airship but acceptable as a temporary fix.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Disabling the item without giving us an alternative is a very bad style in my opinion. This is not how you treat your customers! Either offer us a refund or an alternative. But saying " Its use has temporarily been disabled" without even promising an ETA for the fix is honestly a slap in the face for all paying customers who trusted in your quality. The way you treated the infinite continue coin was already bad. But disabling a permanent item is simply lousy. Thus, you should either get it working within the day or offer us an alternative/refund.

Zavve.8205

There was a post about people getting a bug while using the pass and it would turn friendly and enemy NPCs neutral for them. Which means they could kill everything including vendors.

If that is the bug that they are trying to fix then it makes sense that they would disable it temporarily.

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

Really ANet?! Disabling a QOL item that I paid REAL money for isn’t a solution, not even a temporary. Heck, I am so kittened right now that I am thinking about contacting support and getting a refund and be done with the shop completely. There isn’t even compensation for those who own it.

A tad hysterical perhaps?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

At least give ‘em a few days to look at fixing it before getting too wound up. It’s not exactly a game breaker.

And I’ve never been slapped in the face by any piece of software. I would have remembered.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Really people.

It was broken. Players could kill heart NPCs as well as other NPCs. Give them a few days to fix it before demanding compensation.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

Exactly. I have to say though that Gaile should have mentioned what the problem was so that people could at least understand what’s going on.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Now that you’ve described the bug I can’t help but feel they could sell that as a service in the gem shop. There is more than one wise-cracking npc that I’d happily, erm, remove.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I agree a Royal Terrace pass until the Airship pass is fixed seems reasonable. Not as good as the Airship but acceptable as a temporary fix.

Ditto on this. If it’s going to be more than a few days, can it be reworked to duplicate the Terrace pass for the time being?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Seriously. We thought duct tape would amend the issue, but it seems to require a little heftier fix after all.

MORE duct tape!

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You guys know that they don’t have a version of the Airship pass that functions like the Terrace pass just waiting around to have the code inserted in case something like this happens, right?

They would have to spend time recoding your Airship pass which could very easily take several times longer than simply fixing the Airship bug.

Software bugs (and the subsequent downtime while fixing them) are a part of using software. It is completely unreasonable to expect 100% uptime on anything. It’s also unreasonable to expect a fix within hours. If you don’t have a fix after a 48 hour period, THEN you should start expecting some form of compensation for your inconvenience.

Basically, all I’m saying is give it a day or two before you storm in here demanding blood and firstborns for the indignities you have suffered through.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Zavve.8205

Some of these angry responses are just sad…

Previous

Gaile Gray

Please understand: This is a temporary measure that was taken in order to allow the team to address a critical matter. Correcting the issue is being given immediate attention and it is well on the way towards being corrected. This is not a long-term situation, and we will have the pass back and working as intended as soon as possible.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)