Capture Video in Game

Capture Video in Game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

I was thinking about the problems i have when i want to capture some
video with action from the game.

I must find a decent capture program, that is free ( i can’t spent money all the time :P ), which is not “heavy” to my PC and be efficient enough so it does
not drop significant the FPS. Another problem that i have its with
the file size of the captured video. It must not be very large but it must be in decent quality too.

With that in mind i thought that the best solution will be if the GW2
had a native capture mechanism, not for video creation but rather
a command capture file. That means that the game will be save to a file the commands that the game receives and send, and base on it renders the screen that the user sees.
That will make the file size very smaller than an video file and you will be able to see the captured game when you open the file inside of the GW2 , or better with an external render program ( a viewer ).

I know that maybe its hard the coding for this, but will be so more easier to upload ( the so smaller in size) or download files, the quality will be perfect, and with some coding more the viewer will be able to choose even a different camera angle.

That’s my suggestion, i don know if someone else suggests the same think, if someone
does then sorry for the double posting :P.
Sorry for my English its not my main language

Elementalist – Necromancer

Capture Video in Game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

Fraps is the above all the best/only way to go atm

However i believe there was some hinting towards some recording features due to Spvp they want to take off as an Esport(was in one of the Spvp state of the games), if you look towards Planetside 2 they actually have a built in twitch streamer and upload videos to youtube within the game.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Capture Video in Game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

MSI Afterburner. However, filesize wont be very small (over 30gb for 2 hours of 720p I bleieve). If you want small size, good quality and with no effect on fps, you need a capture card. But then you have to cough up the dough.

Fraps is pretty crappy in comparison to Afterburner, not to mention Afterburner is free.

Capture Video in Game

in Suggestions

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

MSI Afterburner. However, filesize wont be very small (over 30gb for 2 hours of 720p I bleieve). If you want small size, good quality and with no effect on fps, you need a capture card. But then you have to cough up the dough.

This. Fraps will lag your game.

Capture Video in Game

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

No it is not, DXtory is better than fraps lags less and can choose (and add) loads of different codecs as well as match every setting to the settings best for your computer / game and can save all of games top different template settings.

you can also use DXstory to stream via xpplit etc which also works faster.

http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html

Capture Video in Game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

This. Fraps will lag your game.

They all slow your game down unless you have a capture card.

No it is not, DXtory is better than fraps lags less and can choose (and add) loads of different codecs as well as match every setting to the settings best for your computer / game and can save all of games top different template settings.

you can also use DXstory to stream via xpplit etc which also works faster.

http://dxtory.com/v2-home-en.html

I tried Dxstory with diff codecs and regardless of what i used it didnt lag the game but it sure as hell didnt capture half of what i did.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

(edited by Warruz.8096)

Capture Video in Game

in Suggestions

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

thats because there’s various modes on DXstory, it works a charm, but yeh best thing is a capture card as everyone else has said but they can be pricey.