Carapace Coat RNG

Carapace Coat RNG

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Seventy vine runs? Already? Well, regardless, that doesn’t bode well for me. Still, last night, someone got one after we killed the vine.

RNG can be fickle.

Gone to Reddit.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

Errrm, i did 3 vine-runs so far, and got 3 coats.
So I thought they were guaranteed drops?

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Did you actually count it? Someone said they did like 36 runs.

I’m not sure how you did 70 runs when the patch just hit.

My results so far: 12 runs nothing.

chest box
NNNNN
NNNNN
NN

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

1 vinewrath kill, 2 coat boxes for me.

Are you not getting credit for the first achievement that guarantees a drop?

Attachments:

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Around 15 runs for me and 8 coats.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

1 vinewrath kill, 2 coat boxes for me.

Are you not getting credit for the first achievement that guarantees a drop?

I think the OP stated ‘additional’ Coat Boxes. Sounds like a bit of a bad luck run, though.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

Ready for this? I got TWO on the first run, and a third on the second run. I haven’t done it since. #RNGFTW

To balance it out, I’ve played for 2.5 years and only gotten something like 12 exotics to drop. Never a precursor, of course.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s improbable that they did 70 runs. My average is about 30 minutes at the minimum if you swap maps. This puts it at 35 hours to get that many runs.

I did under 12 runs and got both chests.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

16 kills now, still no second/final coat for me either. >_<

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I’ve done three successful runs so far of four attempts and have gotten two coat boxes, including the reward for the first successful run.

Carapace Coat RNG

laokoko.7403

It’s improbable that they did 70 runs. My average is about 30 minutes at the minimum if you swap maps. This puts it at 35 hours to get that many runs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2shy6k/any_vinewrath_chest_data_for_the_carapace_coat_box/

base on the reddit post I think someone says they did 36 and another said they did 28 runs. That is like 12 hours ago.

I’m not sure how many runs I did actually. I know it is more than 12, I started counting 7 runs ago. And judging by the organs I did at least 5 more before. So 12 runs of nothing.

It’s probably possible because you can mostly afk and just do the events at the end. So people have time to rest.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Carapace Coat RNG

Ayrilana.1396

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2shy6k/any_vinewrath_chest_data_for_the_carapace_coat_box/

base on the reddit post I think someone says they did 36 and another said they did 28 runs. That is like 12 hours ago.

I’m not sure how many runs I did actually. I know it is more than 12, I started counting 7 runs ago. And judging by the organs I did at least 5 more before. So 12 runs of nothing.

It’s probably possible because you can mostly afk and just do the events at the end. So people have time to rest.

Oh I know it’s possible which is why I chose improbable to describe the probability of him having done 70 runs. He would have had to map hop to hit that amount.

Carapace Coat RNG

laokoko.7403

Oh I know it’s possible which is why I chose improbable to describe the probability of him having done 70 runs. He would have had to map hop to hit that amount.

I’m pretty sure almost everyone map hop. The only difference is someone manage to get in 25% map and another manage to get in 50 or 70% map.

Carapace Coat RNG

Ayrilana.1396

I’m pretty sure almost everyone map hop. The only difference is someone manage to get in 25% map and another manage to get in 50 or 70% map.

Well it’s about 5 min for the four bosses, ~3 min for the pact ships, ~15 min for the final event, and roughly 5-10 min to get to the four bosses. That’s about 30 minutes on average. This assuming you immediately get into a map that is almost to the bosses pretty quick. The update has been out for about 56 hours. Again, I’m just saying that it’s improbable.

There’s the 15 minutes for the labyrinth event and like 25 min (?) until the the bosses assuming he didn’t leave.

Carapace Coat RNG

laokoko.7403

Well it’s about 5 min for the four bosses, ~3 min for the pact ships, ~15 min for the final event, and roughly 5-10 min to get to the four bosses. That’s about 30 minutes on average. This assuming you immediately get into a map that is almost to the bosses pretty quick. The update has been out for about 56 hours. Again, I’m just saying that it’s improbable.

There’s the 15 minutes for the labyrinth event and like 25 min (?) until the the bosses assuming he didn’t leave.

I’m not sure what you mean 5-10 min to get to the four bosses.

5 min for 4 boss, 3 min pact ships, 15 min final events. Do you mean 5-10 minutes to hop in a map and wait for it?

My guess is OP probably think he did more than he have. He probably done a lot. But his mind might play game with himself and he think he did more than he have. He says he done 70+, probably mean he didn’t actually count it.

Regardless, he probably done a lot and not very lucky.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Carapace Coat RNG

Ayrilana.1396

I’m not sure what you mean 5-10 min to get to the four bosses.

5 min for 4 boss, 3 min pact ships, 15 min final events. Do you mean 5-10 minutes to hop in a map and wait for it?

My guess is OP probably think he did more than he have. He probably done a lot. But his mind might play game with himself and he think he did more than he have. He says he done 70+, probably mean he didn’t actually count it.

Regardless, he probably done a lot and not very lucky.

Yes. I was going under the assumption that you joined a map that had around 70% progress.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

7 runs/ 5 boxes. I thought the drop rate is good ~_~

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

My drop rate hasn’t been very good either, but I got the one I particularly wanted no matter. The rest is just fluff to me.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

21 kills now… still no final coat box for me :-( I’m beginning to think either 1) Anet has something against me, or 2) there’s a bug where the drop rate is extremely low (1 in 1000 or something) after you get your first two.

It’s a conspiracy I tell ya.

Edit: Also I don’t know why people are saying OP made up numbers… it’s called hopping maps and getting a high percentage SW map (or even the odd vine map) by the LFG system. I should know, I’ve been doing it and have had 21 kills so far – yes I counted them (and still no 3rd coat box >_<).

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

I got one on my 3rd run >_<
On the same day I got an everlasting Teragriff tonic from the JP
& an Ascended Armor chest from PvP

(I’d never had any drop over exotic since launch)

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

took me about 22 vines to get my additional 2 coats – I thought I was unlucky..

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

Some have luck with percursors, others with carapace.

Look at me.

- I got the 1st from achiv, so far so good.
- I got the 2nd right after, nice.
- 5 (more or less) runs later, at freaking 5 am, the 3rd one. YEYYYY!!!
- Day after that, 1st run of the day ANOTHER???? What the hell do I do to this one? I wish I could offer her to you or trade this box for another piece that I need but I guess savage is the answer.

Funny thing is I was hesitating to go on that run but my bf taught me into it.

Another funny thing is, on the Dry Top time, that fossil stuff you get from chests, I opened more than 150 chest, in those days, to get 2 freaking fossils.
Day before yesterday, after months of not being there, I open 5 and 2 fossils just like that.

Other funny thing/example. I was doing some stuff on Queensdale and I saw Behe up, and I though “ohhh I dont do Behe for months now, lets just do that for fun”. BAMMM, he offers me Tooth of Frostfang.

Ladies and Gentleman, theres 2 lessons here.

1)- Things happen/drop when you less expect it.
2)- The less you do one thing the more anet/gw2 rewards you on that thing.

I have a guy that doesnt really play the game and precursors fall from the sky for him.
Its like anet likes to reward those who dont do anything.

I dont have any reason to complain, in the topic carapace box stuff, but we have to recognize that the less you do in game the more you get.

Gw2 its for casuals so it makes sense to reward the “casuals”.

(edited by whiteflower.9425)

Carapace Coat RNG

Ardenwolfe.8590

Tonight, I got my first coat box. Edit: As a random award from the chest. Sheesh. Didn’t think I needed to clarify that given the thread’s topic. . . .

I think I’ve done five vine runs. One was a failure, so four actually as far as getting the box. RNG is funny like that.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Carapace Coat RNG

whiteflower.9425

Ardenwolfe.8590 Thats impossible cause you receive 1 box from the achievement of killing the guys.

http://dulfy.net/2015/01/15/gw2-point-of-no-return-vinewrath-silverwastes-achievements-guide/

“Vinewrath Vanquisher

This achievement is only rewarded once all 3 champions (Beekeeper, Mangler, Dark Wing) are killed. The reward is 10 AP pts and a Carapace Coat Box. To get additional coats for the Luminescent coat collection you can loot them from the chests once all 3 champions are defeated (not a common drop)"

Carapace Coat RNG

Ardenwolfe.8590

Um . . . as a reward from the chest after killing the vine. Yes, you can get another box outside of the achievement. That’s kind of what this thread is about. Please don’t tell me it’s impossible when I now have two coats in my achievement list when I never bought one in the first place.

Gone to Reddit.

Carapace Coat RNG

whiteflower.9425

This is a case of miss understanding between 2 parts.

I though you said, you failed 1 event and you got your first one at the 5 run or the 4 succeeded run.

EDIT: No need to be stupid about it -.- I misunderstood so what? The english language its a strange thing that when a person says A another might understood B.
English its not the main language for most of us so, geez, give me a break -.-

(edited by whiteflower.9425)

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Raven Elodie.4195

Raven Elodie.4195

Wow I haven’t got one run yet. How do you do it? I’ve left my character standing there for ages and it just never opens up. What am I doing wrong?

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Meamwhile i’m drowning in coats and gloves, and want headpieces and shoulders.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I got 3 coats in about 13-15 runs..

whats your Magicfind at?

getting the lumi armor was a pain but if anything its a handful of achievements that made it soo hard..

all the silverwastes stuff was just farming

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I got 3 coats in about 13-15 runs..

whats your Magicfind at?

Magic find wouldn’t affect the boss chest (the one you get the coat from).

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Magic find wouldn’t affect the boss chest (the one you get the coat from).

how disappointing

guess it makes sense then that Claw of Jormag has rarely every dropped anything higher quality than masterwork in over 2 years despite reasonably high Magic find on my part lol

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I got my 3rd coat on my second vinewrath. 1 from the guaranteed for the first kill. 2nd from a drop on that first vinewrath. 3rd from the next vinewrath.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Got two coats in my first two runs. I haven’t done Vinewrath since. I’ve had other people with similar experiences who then go on to do dozens of Vinewraths and can’t, for the life of them, get the third coat. RNG, oh how you can be cruel sometimes.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I had to do about 15 or so successful runs before I got my 2nd coat box. Taking a break before going for my 3rd. I know how frustrating it can be. I think if I had done 70 I’d be fuming. Sorry OP. I hope you get it. At ANet… whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy you do this?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Dweeb.5032

Dweeb.5032

omg that’s so horrible
I got it my first time doing vince, and already got my sec for medium :c

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

10 coats, I don’t even do it consistently.

Carapace Coat RNG

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d like to see a combination of pure RNG + tokens (in the wallet, of course), similar the BL Ticket System. BL chests will drop full tickets for skins, but you can also get a ticket scrap and 10 scraps gets you a choice. Similarly, Ascended rings will drop in Fractals, but you can earn enough pristine relics to buy your own, every 10 full runs (5 if you do them as a daily).

So I’d like to see that coat continues to be RNG (lucky drop for some of us), but every 10 successful vine events, you’re guaranteed to earn one.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”