Cash reward for daily achievements: Changed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

For a while I didn’t pay much attention to the cash reward I was getting for finishing my dailies. A few days ago, however, I accidentally got the reward on my level 62 character. Normally, I would always switch to my level 80 because the reward was a full 5 silver each time.

However, when I took it on my 62, it was 4s 75c. I thought this was awfully close to 5s, so I would just take the reward with my 62 (62, now 68) so I didn’t have to swap characters. BUT, the next day I got 5s 35c, and the day after that 5s 41c (he was 65 by then). The key is that both numbers were higher than the consistent 5s I was getting on my 80.

I ALWAYS get 5s on my 80. (Including yesterday.) I have never received more than 5s.

So, I have two questions:

Has anybody else noticed a 100% consistent 5s for dailies on a level 80?

and

Has anybody else received more than 5 silver?

Thanks!

Posted by: Alk Trio Fan.6357

Alk Trio Fan.6357

Actually, it’s kind of random for me. I generally get 5s, but sometimes I get 5s61c and varying amounts. I have no idea why but this is all on 80s so I don’t know what causes the fluctuations.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

When you are finishing the daily, what’s typically the last thing you are doing?
If it’s killing monsters, there might be some funky interaction with food buffs or gear that give +money %

Daddicus.6128

3/4 events, 1/4 kill variety.

If there is a buff for cash, I would like to know about it. Is there?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

That’s really interesting. I’ll have to start doing this with my Ranger. She’s 59. My 80, like yours, has ‘always’ only gotten 5s as the most.

Which then begs the question: Did they increase it, but for some reason existing 80s are bugged?

It doesn’t have anything to do with the amount you do. I can do everything except one step and get the 5s on my 80 doing that one step. I’ve done the reverse as well, just ‘happening’ to finish the daily on another character when I was having fun (imagine that) and it snuck by me before I could switch. I don’t recall anything out of the ordinary there.

I can start in about 22 minutes, I’ll use my Ranger and report what I get. I ‘always’ only get 5s with my 80. If I should be getting 6,7+ silver on my 80, I’d sure like that fixed.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

The amount you get for completing a daily is pretty standard and consistent – 5s @ 80 for example. However, IF you get an extra reward beyond the Jug and Coin, such as a repair canister for instance, the amount of silver you receive is greater than the standard amount (so, more than 5s @ 80.)

notebene.3190

The amount you get for completing a daily is pretty standard and consistent – 5s @ 80 for example. However, IF you get an extra reward beyond the Jug and Coin, such as a repair canister for instance, the amount of silver you receive is greater than the standard amount (so, more than 5s @ 80.)

Well, if no one objects, I’m going to keep my tin foil hat on a ‘wee’ bit longer.

Daddicus.6128

You know, I noticed something else today. My 68 was getting over 2 silver every time on renown hearts. But, my 80 always gets less than 2 silver. Always.

Posted by: PaWryce.9702

PaWryce.9702

got another question on same topic. How often do you guys more then jug, casg and mystic coin? I havent gotten anything for 3 weeks now.

Alk Trio Fan.6357

got another question on same topic. How often do you guys more then jug, casg and mystic coin? I havent gotten anything for 3 weeks now.

I think I get a little treat about once a week! And then it’s normally a repair canister or something crappy like a merchant. I would much prefer the Black Lion Salvage Kits!

Posted by: Malefactor.2971

Malefactor.2971

I used to get things quite often, like repair canisters or black lion kits (if I recall correctly even sometimes the lvl 80 transmutation stones). The last few weeks though, I haven’t gotten a single thing other than the Jug, cash and mystic coin. It sure feels like they’ve changed something.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

For a while I didn’t pay much attention to the cash reward I was getting for finishing my dailies. A few days ago, however, I accidentally got the reward on my level 62 character. Normally, I would always switch to my level 80 because the reward was a full 5 silver each time.

However, when I took it on my 62, it was 4s 75c. I thought this was awfully close to 5s, so I would just take the reward with my 62 (62, now 68) so I didn’t have to swap characters. BUT, the next day I got 5s 35c, and the day after that 5s 41c (he was 65 by then). The key is that both numbers were higher than the consistent 5s I was getting on my 80.

I ALWAYS get 5s on my 80. (Including yesterday.) I have never received more than 5s.

So, I have two questions:

Has anybody else noticed a 100% consistent 5s for dailies on a level 80?

and

Has anybody else received more than 5 silver?

Thanks!

I have received up to 5s 60c sometimes on my level 80 Ranger. Any OTHER character who is not at 80 receives significantly less.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I generally get items when I’m doing them not on my level 80, which is odd to say the least. Last time it was 1 Basic Transmutation Stone, and before that it was a Black Lion Salvage Kit. The latest one was last weekend, before that roughly about that same window.

Edit: Has anyone tracked how often they get “extra items” if you do the daily consistently? Because for a while when I was logging in every day and getting it done I was getting a fairly consistent flow of “extra items”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Daddicus.6128

Edit: Has anyone tracked how often they get “extra items” if you do the daily consistently? Because for a while when I was logging in every day and getting it done I was getting a fairly consistent flow of “extra items”.

Starting with tomorrow’s, I intend to. I’ll log them here every couple of days. If more people want to track them, though, I’ll start a new thread so the tally can be kept at the top rather than at random pages inside the thread. (Or, on the wiki. The wiki folks might already have a page tracking daily drops.)

notebene.3190

Well this may very well be right. I got 5.70 on my 80 today when I got a Basic Transmutation Stone. Usually I get just the 5 when I get the coin and the jug.

Daddicus.6128

On my 80, I received 5s 74c, plus a jug, coin and merchant express.

Alk Trio Fan.6357

Starting with tomorrow’s, I intend to. I’ll log them here every couple of days. If more people want to track them, though, I’ll start a new thread so the tally can be kept at the top rather than at random pages inside the thread. (Or, on the wiki. The wiki folks might already have a page tracking daily drops.)

It might be better to contribute to the wiki research on the daily drop rate. Although ultimately an RNG at least we should be able to get percentages out of it.

If you head to:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Drop_Rate

There’s some simple instructions for you to enter the information and it’ll automatically add your results to those that have already been added and work out a cumulative percentage. Unfortunately the sample size is small at the minute, but if threads like this can draw attention to it then maybe we can get some decent data.

Daddicus.6128

Thanks for that! I knew there had to be one, but I couldn’t find it.