Casual - Hardcore- Problem, solution?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeadlyDohnut.7052

DeadlyDohnut.7052

The only real true solution to this is to terminate gear tiers.

?uh what so u mean all blue, green, yellow, gold, pink and purples should all be white? or all should be purple? purple being legendary, pink acended and same high stats as legendary but non interchangable. gold being exotic and the most used gear for new players. greens and blues are there mainly for basic gear untill u get exotics, for salvaging items(ie mats, luck, runes) and to increese your AP. and whites are well useless. so I dont see how eliminating the tier colors would help at all in this game. for high level you have acended and legendary and theres technically no difference in stats just the useability.

unlike in other games where u have tier 1-9 gear which doesnt exist in GW2.

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

If there really was a hardmode for central tyria..with stronger monster..and muuch more of them..and higher spawn ….and the rich noods…i think i would never ever leave gw2 again XD and all of this with the district selection..
i would even betray my beloved nintendo ! XD

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

let see….
in ur definition, casual means easy
hardcore means difficult

this is so confusing, so many definition of those terms.
hope you can contribute your definition in this thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Casual-Semi-Hardcore-What/first

anyway, if it is too easy, people will complain
if it is too difficult, people will complain too
if u go for middle ground, people will complain
there is really isnt any way to please everyone, right?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

moony.5780

let see….
hardcore means difficult

Thats why we r talking in this thread about haveing normal and hardmode for open world.

and y..causual = easier…u dont need die a 100 time after u finally get ur reward or finish the story
harcore = enjoy difficult fights..and wanna go to the limits

moony.5780

Also ..what would be nice is that low lvl hard mode areas r a good start for hardmode..and step by step someone can get stronger…so for half-hardcore people they will feel comfortable in the starter areas and such..while the super hardcore guys can have fun in orr xP

only thing is…that there might be much more material…the t2,3,4 …so there maybe should be a material sink (like guildhall?! or new cool recipes..or new masteries that also need material to unlock)

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

The only real true solution to this is to terminate gear tiers.

?uh what so u mean all blue, green, yellow, gold, pink and purples should all be white? or all should be purple? purple being legendary, pink acended and same high stats as legendary but non interchangable. gold being exotic and the most used gear for new players. greens and blues are there mainly for basic gear untill u get exotics, for salvaging items(ie mats, luck, runes) and to increese your AP. and whites are well useless. so I dont see how eliminating the tier colors would help at all in this game. for high level you have acended and legendary and theres technically no difference in stats just the useability.

unlike in other games where u have tier 1-9 gear which doesnt exist in GW2.

The reality is that the game used to have this system where Exotic was the highest, it was also godawful easy to build, and wasn’t expensive at all. The money you got from just playing would easily buy you an exotic set or six.

The issues are that A ) the traits are not different enough, B ) the classes and their strategies aren’t different enough [ZERKER META HUUURRRRDUUURRRR!], and C ) the gear matters too much but is purposefully gated rather than freely acquirable. Building an in-game method only ascended anything requires days, meaninglessly, because of the time gated recipes, it costs meaningless gold because of the recipes you have to buy, it’s a weird karma sink, and it is the BiS and what player really doesn’t want best in show?

The game is still dev side because the things that need to change with traits being stronger and classes being radically different can’t change but increasing and shifting numbers does nothing. Tier systems behind gear, and gating that gear, is just reverting back to old models in gaming and hoping no one picks up on it.

Makes me sad to think that the traits are just not diverse enough except in the new additions and those are so over the top and actually promote holy-trinity blend concepts. Druids aren’t healers though. >_> Right?

Gear is dev side. Traits are player side. Player choice still holds little to no sway over gameplay and rewards are still dev side for the most part.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

let see….
hardcore means difficult

Thats why we r talking in this thread about haveing normal and hardmode for open world.

and y..causual = easier…u dont need die a 100 time after u finally get ur reward or finish the story
harcore = enjoy difficult fights..and wanna go to the limits

that also means that harder mode will be more rewarding than the easy mode
wouldn’t that go back to square one again?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Theres no solution to this problem because of the definition of challenging content.
Challenging content basically = Content that I can beat but you cant.
Content that everyone can beat = Too easy and content that no one can beat = Too hard.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

To be honest I support virtually all requests for play style options.

That said;

“More than ever..i think we r haveing a casual hardcore problem…some people wanna have easy stuff..so wanna feel the thrill…”

Introducing the topic as a choice between easy and thrill etc will just cause a slanging match between competent players who differ in choice of naming conventions.

IMHO, The basic request for an option to have varying time to kill or /varied ai setting mobs on player selectable maps is not that bad an idea if doable.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

DGraves.3720

Theres no solution to this problem because of the definition of challenging content.
Challenging content basically = Content that I can beat but you cant.
Content that everyone can beat = Too easy and content that no one can beat = Too hard.

I disagree with that. A challenge should be based on skill level not completion percentage. That is probably the first mistake.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I have fond memories of DAOC for example, although in retrospective the game was a grindy sinkhole for almost anything most of the time outside of RvR. I guess you could call places like Stonehenge and Avalon City hardcore, open world environments where you were sohwered with mobs. Most classes had to run when they fought a mob their level +1 and another one added in with the exception of a nekro who could barely fend off a red and an orange mob if he was not buffed.

I remember wasting(yes, wasting, not enjoying it much after the 5 hour mark) a whole sunday on an Avalon open raid dungeon for a handful of worthless trinkets and an item I got in the lottery because loot was finite in that game and had to be distributed among the players. I swore myself to never ever do this again, and I didn´t.

Maybe, and it is a big maybe, a normal mode raid would make me play it a few times to see the story and get some MP and AP, but surely not regularly or for the sake of getting guud.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Ok, how bout hardmode is activated by doing some special event or purposefully putting yourself at a disadvantage for bonus loot?

Here are some examples:
An elementalist fight where you have the option to run around the area and destroy the boss’s four pillars (air, water, fire, earth). Doing so weakens the boss. Leaving them up, however, makes the boss stronger or gives additional attacks. Pending on how many you leave up would determine the bonus loot you get.

How bout the next fight you have to attack a son of svanir shaman and his totem? You attack the totem when its vulnerable to knock him out of his elemental state in a short time window. But if you are able to actually destroy the totem in one phase, he berserks and gains new abilities plus deals more damage.

Another fight idea attack three mord general bosses at once, and depending on what order you kill them determines the difficulty and loot at the end.

Another boss summons minions that empower the boss, granting new abilities and damage. You can kill the minions or leave them alive, leaving them alive and just killing the boss rewards more loot.

Or another boss that gains charges to a max of 10, increasing his damage and defence, and moving him over to some spot and activating a device removes all of them for a time being. Killing him with 10 up rewards more loot.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Ok, how bout hardmode is activated by doing some special event or purposefully putting yourself at a disadvantage for bonus loot?

Here are some examples:
An elementalist fight where you have the option to run around the area and destroy the boss’s four pillars (air, water, fire, earth). Doing so weakens the boss. Leaving them up, however, makes the boss stronger or gives additional attacks. Pending on how many you leave up would determine the bonus loot you get.

How bout the next fight you have to attack a son of svanir shaman and his totem? You attack the totem when its vulnerable to knock him out of his elemental state in a short time window. But if you are able to actually destroy the totem in one phase, he berserks and gains new abilities plus deals more damage.

Another fight idea attack three mord general bosses at once, and depending on what order you kill them determines the difficulty and loot at the end.

Another boss summons minions that empower the boss, granting new abilities and damage. You can kill the minions or leave them alive, leaving them alive and just killing the boss rewards more loot.

Or another boss that gains charges to a max of 10, increasing his damage and defence, and moving him over to some spot and activating a device removes all of them for a time being. Killing him with 10 up rewards more loot.

All of these are great ideas.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

DGraves.3720

Ideas.

This only works if, and only if, it’s not built for the player of average skill.

It has to be able to kill the people who would dare farm this for even a simple mistake.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

So in normal mode – I say only ‘blues’ should drop at 300% MF.
Anything more would be outrageous.
Map progression should also be capped at 50%
All nodes (harvesting) should also be removed.

‘Hard’ mode – has the existing MF Rate – and other stuff.

Uh… did you even think about what you said before posting this?
lets go backwards:
1 All nodes taken out in normal maps? so in hardmode u want to farm all that copper? to make all those lvl 5 weapons? How are u going to get crafting to 500 for acended gear if you cant craft without nodes? because u need acended gear or exotic gear to play in hard mode and survive. unless you want all casual players to only be able to buy mats on the auction house?

2 Map progression stops at 50%? what if 50% requires half of a vista how do u cut it in half? secondly this stops leveling progression and map completion and world map completion. to have to go back after u finally reach lvl 80 to replay every map again just to get map completion bonus would be stupid. for leving up those map completion bonuses give you tons of exp…this would also leave a random half of the map worthless to explore untill u reach high eneough level to produce high level gear for hard mode.

3 Normal mode should only drop blues at 300% MF…? are you crazy…i think you are. i am a vet player(played since beta) i dont have but around 200% MF and your telling me that i would only get white drops and trash drops in a normal mode map? Blue and green drops are what give luck when salvaged…how the eff can u get to 300% MF if you cant even get any luck drops from salvaging.

My thoughts…tpmn =troll

Hard mode should have the same MF and loot table as normal mode. Normal mode should stay as it is now. There should be hardmode titles. more mobs in hardmode, more difficult mobs, no telegraphs, keep level reduction the same but increase mob hp by 100% , dmg by 50% and respawn rate by 100%. maybe take out all the basic nodes and only have rich nodes scattered through out the map. (yes even rich plants and trees.)

It would be a fun way to group up and loot farm in all maps or to try solo against much harder mobs to actually use dodging and aoe placement skills to survive. all players should have access even if their gear is all blue maybe hardmode is to easy for some and someplayers may want to make a video on how to farm hardmode with blue gear…who knows.

Right lets get this right – I’m not a troll – this is just an abusive insult so stop it now.
I will explain my reasoning..

If you are doing existing content in an easier mode – you should not be getting the same level of rewards as someone doing the content in a normal or harder mode.

The gold/hr earnt from
(a) Material farming = VERY High right now
compared to the
(b) GOLD/Mob Farming = VERY Low

In lvl 80 zones like Orr, HoT Maps – if the mobs were easier it would make Material farming even quicker than before. So you earn more gold/hr in a easy mode map than a normal or harder mode map. This is bad – this means skill is not rewarding.
There are already rich node farms which people do in the current normal mode maps and earn a high gold/hr – you would need to remove these from the easy mode maps.
People would just clear the mobs around them even faster – this would increase the farm/hr.

This is why the amount of materials available in an easy mode map need to be significantly reduced.

In response to my 300% MF is easy to get – yes it was if you took advantage of the lucky envelopes that were giving you a large profit on each purchase as well as increasing your MF. The amount of people with 300% MF is significant for the long-term vets. There are already many threads where people are just destroying the magic find rubbish which is dropping.

I know I’m currently at 472K Luck Over the 300% MF Limit – this is not hard.
If you’re not at 300% MF you can easily get this farming cursed shore or any HoT Map where there is plenty of mobs.

If Mobs are dying faster in ‘easy’ mode – without reduced rewards – this would mean that you would be earning more than someone who is doing it in ‘normal’ or a ‘harder’ mode. This creates another imbalance gold/hr vs skill.

The game is casual in terms of you can drop into an event or something anywhere in the world. You dont need to plan for hours on end where you are going to go – trek all the way across mutliple maps – you can just WP there and do what you want.

I’ve seen many hard-core games – this is not one of them.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

moony.5780

Was also talking to my friends yesterday…they left gw2 pretty fast….they were new to the game and liked it…but what was annoying them is..that stronger player were constantly ruening their game….there was an event..there were waiting for a guy to spawn..but once they reached there..it was instant killed within 2 seconds…..so this event was gone waste…or all the monster in the wve beeing instant killed once they spawn..they r new..so they dont know where they spawn..and could not get any kill reward or exp. also if they start running to a monster bcs of a heartquest..and another player instant kill it just before they could even scratch the monster…it was down..and this happened not only with 1 monster..but many.

all she said..she dont need a games with antisocial player who kill and destroy her noob event she wanted to make…

so hardmode will not only benifit the hardcore player but everyone

or i would really love to get her back to the game..once i can downscale myself too..and all these guys who usually instant kill everything for her also downscale themselfs more and get better rewards.

(edited by moony.5780)