in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hype!

Buy them right meow!

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I feel they shouldn’t be 400 gems, but I’ll pay 400 gems anyways. kitten you Anet! I love you!

~so conflicted~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Its not horrible, ut what worries me is people actually wanting this

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

No thanks. :s But I know many people wanted it sooo enjoy your cat ears.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Always torn on things like this. It’s great some players get something fun they wanted and that it funds the game, but a part of me feels like each time things like these appear it takes the game further away from having its own identity/theme.

I guess it keeps the game going ultimately

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I tried to buy them, but just got an empty letter, for some unknown reason…

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was really happy to see this.

Many years ago I created a character for a very unique RP forum, one where your character could be literally anything (including a pikachu with a space station, a giant goliath bird-eating spider, a sentient glob of goo and the god of insanity).

My character, for reasons I won’t go into now, was a genetically engineered hybrid of my normal RPG character (a DnD half-elf), a cat and a bat.

As you can probably imagine she got shelved when circumstances lead me to move away from player-run RP to computer RPGs because I thought I’d never be able to make a character like that.

And that was true. Until today.

Below is the only picture I can find of the original character, and my brand new GW2 re-creation, using my main who is one of the latest incarnations of the one who originally inspired this girl.

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I loved/love my cat ears in GW1, and I love them in GW2. Thank you, Anet. <3

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Thank you so much for the return of cat ears!!!!!!!

Can we back backpack cat tail now? Just lower the location.

What about a black cat-suit armor/outfit to go with the ear?

I am sooo happy for the GW1 ear return

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Ravenor.8739

Ravenor.8739

The rise of the weebs starts now. Arenanet I beg you, please, create a “block and hide” button which removes all cat ear/bunny ear wearing weebs from my screen, or I will uninstall.

I hate weebs.

this is not going to happen, I doubt Arenanet will not make a feature just for you

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: demitel.1340

demitel.1340

this is not going to happen, I doubt Arenanet will not make a feature just for you

For us. Say no to furries.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

people wearing cat ears can also be just people wearing kittening cat ears. my charr is going to sport cat ears and theres nothing you can do about it. 6 ears unite!

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

They’re so big and cute on asura. <3 <3 <3

Attachments:

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Some of us don’t like anime or Japanese culture, nor would we ever wear cat ears in real life. We just think cat ears on our GW2 character is a cute idea.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Always torn on things like this. It’s great some players get something fun they wanted and that it funds the game, but a part of me feels like each time things like these appear it takes the game further away from having its own identity/theme.

Since Cat Ears were a rather popular part of Guild Wars (One), I don’t think their return (to GW2) takes the game further away from having its own identity/theme. More like a nod to its past identity. Just my opinion, of course.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Oh, so it was a thing in Guild Wars 1 too. Then, what are people uppity about anyways?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Oh, so it was a thing in Guild Wars 1 too. Then, what are people uppity about anyways?

This is the internet…. does there need to be any other reason? o.O

~EW

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

There are certain types of people that absolutely hate when other people have fun doing something that they don’t personally like.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Since Cat Ears were a rather popular part of Guild Wars (One), I don’t think their return (to GW2) takes the game further away from having its own identity/theme. More like a nod to its past identity. Just my opinion, of course.

Fair enough. I had no idea they were in GW1 as I never saw anyone with them.

I still think they dont fit, but it is less an issue if they were part of GW1

Cat Ears are here!

Danikat.8537

Also if you’re concerned about realism/immersion remember that these are fake cat ears on a headband (as are the bunny ears), just like the ones you can buy in all kinds of real-life shops around Halloween. (If you’re in a country that doesn’t celebrate Halloween just take my word for it, these things are everywhere.)

Considering Tyria has a tradition of celebrating Halloween, which includes dressing up, it’s no more inappropriate there than in real life.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Cat ears are usually asociated with oriental pop culture and its derivatives. They have a HUGE place in anime, specially on ecchi and hentai, so is not strange to see people despising them.

I’m not a fan nor a detractor. They are just another alternative, and while I don’t feel them to be really proper lore, I don’t think they are so farfetched either.

IMO, wings are many, many times worse offenders against lore, aesthetics and gameplay than mere cat ears.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I may get this one for my wife, but I’ll pass. It’s great that anet is putting some fun costume pieces in the game, the hook hand that was released a while back was just what I’d been wanting! I feel an uneasy shudder building though, how long until we see someone RP a human pretending to be a charr with those ears?

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

how long until we see someone RP a human pretending to be a charr with those ears?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: all humans secretly wish they were Charr.

As far as the RP goes, they look nothing like Charr ears, so I doubt you’ll see it. Even if you do, so what? Different strokes for different folks…. we all have our ways of finding fun.

~EW

Cat Ears are here!

Danikat.8537

I may get this one for my wife, but I’ll pass. It’s great that anet is putting some fun costume pieces in the game, the hook hand that was released a while back was just what I’d been wanting! I feel an uneasy shudder building though, how long until we see someone RP a human pretending to be a charr with those ears?

Oh some people are way ahead of you. Here’s a charr pretending to be a hylek. I took this screenshot back in January and they’d been working on the idea for some time apparently.

Attachments:

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Oh some people are way ahead of you. Here’s a charr pretending to be a hylek. I took this screenshot back in January and they’d been working on the idea for some time apparently.

That is strangely adorable.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I love it. XD

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

If you design your Asura’s ears to look like cat ears during combat stance
And you wear the kitty ears
Are you insulting charr or making a poor imitation?

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: cadmiumgreen.8712

cadmiumgreen.8712

I feel these are a fashion basic for every charr, even more so than bunny ears.

Attachments:

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

Those are excellent! The Charr with the Dragon mask is really froggy:)
As for the RPers, I have no issue. It’s not my thing, but the point is to play and enjoy how you want, so I just jog on.
I hope there will be more costume items like this instead of full outfits, the customization is great!

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Happy for others that want them to get it, but this is not the kind of thing I want to see in the game.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Picture from a reddit thread.

A beautiful Charr is a joy to behold. And with cat ears, even more beautiful.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Over rated .

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Agh! Must go and buy now. Yay!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Schewe.1673

Schewe.1673

Picture from a reddit thread.

A beautiful Charr is a joy to behold. And with cat ears, even more beautiful.

Totes adorbs.

Six ears is great, but I think we can go deeper.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I get the cat ears can feel non-sequitur for a lot of people who didn’t play GW1, but as someone who got them as her first Halloween hat in that game, I’m over the moon to see them in GW2. Give my Necro her elite Cabalist amour back and I’ll be done re-creating my main

Also if you read the trivia on the GW1 Wiki page, the ears were actually requested by ANet staff, not players and you can go complain to John Stumme for listening and making them.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Must resist….

Resistance is FUrTILE.

Kitten it. Bought for 2 of 3 accounts so far.

Well I did ask for them and the GW2 Serious Love, like her GW1 predecessor, looks cute with them on

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: grimnal.2796

grimnal.2796

I feel they shouldn’t be 400 gems, but I’ll pay 400 gems anyways. kitten you Anet! I love you!

~so conflicted~

400 is over twice what many other novelty helm skins cost and is ridiculous. It’s highway robbery. The only reason it costs that much is because Anet knows very well that fools like me will snatch them up anyway.

Cat Ears are here!

Danikat.8537

I get the cat ears can feel non-sequitur for a lot of people who didn’t play GW1, but as someone who got them as her first Halloween hat in that game, I’m over the moon to see them in GW2. Give my Necro her elite Cabalist amour back and I’ll be done re-creating my main

Also if you read the trivia on the GW1 Wiki page, the ears were actually requested by ANet staff, not players and you can go complain to John Stumme for listening and making them.

And if you read the talk page you’ll see they had the exact same complaints 6 years ago when they were first introduced.

Cat Ears are here!

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

~so conflicted~

400 is over twice what many other novelty helm skins cost and is ridiculous. It’s highway robbery. The only reason it costs that much is because Anet knows very well that fools like me will snatch them up anyway.

Agreed! I was expecting 200-250 max. Still picked them up though as they’ve been something I’d asked for in the BL thread (or somewhere similar).

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”