Cat tonic

Cat tonic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

So is anyone else saving up for it?

I’m currently at 43 laurels and it’s so tempting to spend them! But I’ve made it my mission in the game to collect as many fun items as I can.

Does anyone know what the transformation(s) will look like?

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Cat tonic

Posted by: Orb.1702

Orb.1702

A cat.
15char.

I Orb Mine I Human Thief I FA I [Hope]

Cat tonic

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Yeah, I’m saving for it. Who needs ascended gear? I just want to be able to make a dignified exit from keeps in WvW when they’re about to fall (the reindeer transformations already work surprisingly well for running past enemy zergs, but that might just be the culling effect

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

Cat tonic

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Yeah, I’m saving for it. Who needs ascended gear? I just want to be able to make a dignified exit from keeps in WvW when they’re about to fall (the reindeer transformations already work surprisingly well for running past enemy zergs, but that might just be the culling effect

Lol. Then with the cat tonic, they should reduce falling damage to near 0 because you’ll always land on your feet!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Cat tonic

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Lol. Then with the cat tonic, they should reduce falling damage to near 0 because you’ll always land on your feet!

Next up buttered toast backpack. if the proverbs are correct, you should find yourself hovering in mid air. continually spinning.

Cat tonic

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I was originally along with the mini-pets, but the amulet was too good to ignore.

Gone to Reddit.

Cat tonic

ThiBash.5634

I was originally along with the mini-pets, but the amulet was too good to ignore.

That’s part of the reason I’m glad they allowed for an upgrade of the Triforge Amulet. The main reason though, is that I really like the item itself. It has a cool icon and a Zelda reference. I even doubt I’d have upgraded if they hadn’t provided an ascended version of it.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Cat tonic

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

I bought an amulet, but now I’m saving for the cat tonic. People who have saved since the beginning should be able to get it starting next month, right? If anyone does, please post screenshots!

Cat tonic

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

I’m about 29 laurels away from mine. As a cat lover, I knew I had to have this as soon as I saw it. Amulets I can always get later, but they will look much better on me in cat form.

Cat tonic

Posted by: Melis.9687

Melis.9687

I’m saving for it! I’m just afraid that once I buy it they will release a rabbit tonic that I would rather have bought …

Cat tonic

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

I bought an amulet, but now I’m saving for the cat tonic. People who have saved since the beginning should be able to get it starting next month, right? If anyone does, please post screenshots!

People who have gotten every laurel every day should have somewhere between 60 and 70 (I forget the exact amount). It’ll be about one more month or so before people can buy it.

Also, the minipets should start showing up around the end of the week. So there’s that too.

Cat tonic

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I don’t see the novelty of wasting 100 laurels on a minipet. Laurels are very, very valuable as it stands now.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Cat tonic

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

I don’t see the novelty of wasting 100 laurels on a minipet. Laurels are very, very valuable as it stands now.

Mini pets are not a novelty, they are an excellent investment. They are forever. They can be your constant companion. They will share in your trials and tribulations. And they are really cute accessories.

The Best Gear is only “the best” until the next patch.

Cat tonic

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

The cat tonic isn’t a mini pet. It’s a tonic that presumably will turn you into a cat. Sure, it’s cosmetic and just for fun, but that’s what nice about having a variety of rewards. There’s something for everyone.

Cat tonic

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

The cat tonic isn’t a mini pet. It’s a tonic that presumably will turn you into a cat. Sure, it’s cosmetic and just for fun, but that’s what nice about having a variety of rewards. There’s something for everyone.

Yes, they are novelty, but unlike other minipets, skins, townsclothes are other novelty items, the cat costs laurels, which are fixed and you can only get one per day.

Now imagine they somehow come up with the idea to give out a precursor for 150 laurels – after you buy the cat. Or other newer items from the vendor.
Well, everyone would be po’d.

If the cat cost 100g or 1m karma, I’d definitely buy it since I can get gold/karma whenever I please. Laurels are different. I hope they do convert achievement points to laurels to make them easier to acquire

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Cat tonic

ThiBash.5634

Novelties are a good reason as to why I play this game.

Cat tonic

Posted by: Wookums.8106

Wookums.8106

I’m saving for it I’m really excited for it. I hope it can jump because it’s going to be twice as awesome if I can scamper across the roofs in divinity’s reach.

I currently have 70 laurels. People who have been saving every single laurel and have done every single daily should have 69-71 laurels as of right now. The first day laurels were released you could have done the daily twice (after the patch dropped, but before the daily reset for the day) and when the February patch dropped the you could have done the same. I expect to get my tonic on April 6th, assuming the monthly isn’t too bad. I’ll definitely post some pictures and video of it nobody else has by the time I get it

Rampant Apathy [AMOK] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Wookums.8106)

Cat tonic

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Mini pets are not a novelty, they are an excellent investment. They are forever. They can be your constant companion. They will share in your trials and tribulations. And they are really cute accessories.

The Best Gear is only “the best” until the next patch.

Very true. That’s why I was so hesitant to get the amulet instead of waiting another week or so to get the mini-wolf. But, I already have a mini that’s been with me from near the beginning, so I didn’t want to betray the little bugger.

And he looks cool next to the adult version of my pet.

Gone to Reddit.

Cat tonic

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Yes, they are novelty, but unlike other minipets, skins, townsclothes are other novelty items, the cat costs laurels, which are fixed and you can only get one per day.

Now imagine they somehow come up with the idea to give out a precursor for 150 laurels – after you buy the cat. Or other newer items from the vendor.
Well, everyone would be po’d.

If the cat cost 100g or 1m karma, I’d definitely buy it since I can get gold/karma whenever I please. Laurels are different. I hope they do convert achievement points to laurels to make them easier to acquire

Well, but different people value different things. Some people place enough value on the cat tonic so that they’re clearly willing to take the risk of something else that may pop up in the future.

You won’t understand and your reasoning is completely valid for yourself, but people don’t think the same way =).

Cat tonic

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’d find it funny if the tonic actually turned you into a Norn sized cat, big enough for a human to ride, and no one would ever expect it because they didn’t spend the laurels for it.