Celebration Launch Hat Item

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IceWolfBerserker.2014

IceWolfBerserker.2014

Hi there to any Devs that will hopefully read my post. Way back in the start there was the Celebration Launch Hats and typically I got at lest two that I remember and got one for my oldest character which is my Asura Engineer Betharus Soren who just had her Third birthday when the Anniversary came up in the last week or so. And I should of done this ages ago but never go around to it. To ask if there is any change to retrieve it for her, cause as far as I remember I never deleted it from my account. I have a single images of her wearing it back then, if it will help any.

Attachments:

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

if you didn’t delete it, and she was wearing it when the wardrobe update hit, you should still be able to get it off her. just go to the black lion armorsmith with the character and choose the option “What are town clothes?”. if you continue along that line, it will eventually bring up the option to exchange your old town clothes. this should give you the skin.

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

if you didn’t delete it, and she was wearing it when the wardrobe update hit, you should still be able to get it off her. just go to the black lion armorsmith with the character and choose the option “What are town clothes?”. if you continue along that line, it will eventually bring up the option to exchange your old town clothes. this should give you the skin.

The hat is not town clothes, or am I missing something here?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The hat was technically town clothes.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Yeah. Have all of your characters talk to the BL armorsmith (one near the bank in Divinity’s Reach) and if you were using it, it will be given back to you.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

The hat can now be applied as an armor skin.
I contacted support around a month ago as i had lost mine and they reinstated mine, hope you get yours sorted out.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Back then it was town clothes. It can be converted to armor now.

Gem store:Historical
Celebration Hat: A hat to celebrate this day in Tyria. This item occupies the head slot of your town clothes. Town clothes cannot be worn while in combat.

Celebration Hat
This item was changed to a consumable on April 15, 2014 game update. Players can convert their town clothing into a consumable at the Black Lion Trader (Armorsmith).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I was at at launch and headstsart but I don’t remember it. How did you get one back then?

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Free in the Gemstore

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

When I asked support about it, I was told there was nothing they could do. :\

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Yeah. Have all of your characters talk to the BL armorsmith (one near the bank in Divinity’s Reach) and if you were using it, it will be given back to you.

I never thought of doing this, I thought I lost mine forever but my Engi still had it on and going to the armorsmith unlocked the skins

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]