Celebration Tomorrow

Celebration Tomorrow

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The use of Reddit is so frequent I’m kind of surprised there isn’t a Reddit link above the official website yet. Ya know, where “GuildWars2.com | Forums | Support | Wiki” is.

Have fun with the celebration. I’ll just be going over patch notes instead, no offense.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

It takes 2-3 seconds to go to the reddit subforum.

If that channel already exists – and it has the tools needed to make a back and forth discussion more easily than the forums do, why in the world would ANet not use reddit – or spend money/time/resources to change these forums?

Is it really such a hardship on people to hop over to reddit – especially when they give you a notice and a link on this site to make it easier?

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If that channel already exists – and it has the tools needed to make a back and forth discussion more easily than the forums do, why in the world would ANet not use reddit – or spend money/time/resources to change these forums?

Is it really such a hardship on people to hop over to reddit – especially when they give you a notice and a link on this site to make it easier?

One beef I have with putting things on Reddit is that the dev posts are not cross posted to the Official Dev tracker. Anything they say there is lost to the official tracking of ANet responses and is more difficult to cite later when questions arise on points discussed over there.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

So… I’m still not seeing it.

What, exactly, are we celebrating?

Or is this just more of the hype we’ve all grown sick of?

Or will this be another AMA to tell us that good things ARE coming, we just have to be patient?

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Gaile. I honestly adore you. I do. Ever since getting to “know” you from GW1 days and events. This is why I say this with the utmost sincerity: please stop putting a target on your back for Anet. Let those making these decisions catch more of the heat. They lean on you because they know we genuinely like you.

Pookie — seriously, I’m not doing that. I guess I could have let the blog post go unremarked, not post at all on the forums to point to the reddit event. But that seems like it would be making it EXclusive, and I’d think we all want it to be INclusive, right?

If I say I’m looking forward to the update, literally no one is paying me to say that. (Yes, I get paid, but I mean no one came in here and said “Go post like you like this thing we’re doing” or, Dwayna forbid, “Go hype the build.”) Instead, I’ve been reading the update notes and seeing changes that I like, as a player, and that’s what prompted me to say something. So thank you for your thoughtfulness (and the kind words — that’s very nice!) but I’m not playing sacrificial lamb or shill here — I’m just expressing what I think, personally. And with any opinion, the usual “your mileage may vary” applies.

You may adore her, honestly adore her, but me? https://youtu.be/Ac24kittenTVM

LOL

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Morfedel — ok, you made me laugh.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

can someone explain to me HOW reddit is easier to follow and do Q&A. I really just don’t see that. If you can use a multiquote here how are indented lines better? etc..

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

♪ ♪ Celebrate, celebrate. Dance to the Dev posts. ♪ ♪

Now if only I knew WHY I was celebrating some update with (from what I can tell) mostly QoL features. Unless they’re going to add new content this is an odd announcement.

Indeed.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Is it really such a hardship on people to hop over to reddit

which tools work better? (not being sarcastic, I seriously don’t know…it looks so convoluted and jumbled i feel like if i touch something or click on something i have just delved into a subreddit of a subreddit of a didn’t read it-subred something.

why doesn’t Ford just jump on Chevy’s forums? I mean, they are both talking about cars…right? Why have your own if someone else already did the work?

Its the principle of not looking wishy-washy to your customer base!!!

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: LordCody.6245

LordCody.6245

Are you ever going to do something on this forum? I am getting frustrated with the amount of devs that keep posting on Reddit and topics here get ignored.

they are going to reddit because the forum there was started because of those they censored and banned from forums here cause they had a real bad habbit of editing here cause of the all the negativity that anet brought upon themselves by ignoring there game community they think they are gaining trust by using the reddit forum now since they actually reply to the negative topics after they refused for so long to admit that they could do any wrong here

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Celebrate the Spring Quarterly Update With a Dev Chat

Idk. That reads very strangely to me. To me it reads like they’re so proud and excited they got the Quarterly Update done on schedule that they’re celebrating their achievement. Like they had a lot of doubts they could do it, but they did do it!!!! YAY!!!. That’s…… not the sort of attitude towards scheduled quarterly updates I would expect them to have.

Well, I’m sure it will be chock full of goodies so I’m looking forward to it, if not actually celebrating the update.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: LordCody.6245

LordCody.6245

nothing to celebrate yet cause its yet to be seen what all they are gonna do with this patch chances are we are gonna hate some of it me personally the alpine maps should be included now not when they get done toss all that new crap they added into WvW cause it wasnt just the maps that killed WvW for alot the matchmaking in PvP for the pugs needs to be fixed badly cause player statistics are not even taken in mind so more often then not you end up on a team either heavily favored cause of there expirience or those that cant even get past emerald with a team and also if you have a full pug team they shouldnt be facing a team at all. and the thing im dreading the most how are they gonna patch each class they have a very bad habit of patching all the classes instead of just those that need the attention i watch thief get nerfed into the ground while that that was being nerfed was getting buffed on a couple of other classes power got nerfed on thief when it wasnt even close to a couple of other classes

so chances are they arent gonna fix anything they should and possible kill the game for good i mean look the guy running the show now said “WvW is just PvE” and not only that they killed WvW and almost killed PvP that were the main selling points of the game in the first place

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: ElijahFitzroy.5762

ElijahFitzroy.5762

As mentioned in today’s blog post about tomorrow’s quarterly update, Mike O’Brien and members of the development team will be having a chat on reddit starting at 2:00 PM. We’ll see you there!

Thanks Gaile as always you are great with keeping us in the loop. I’d love to attend but unfortunately can’t, but I hope others will be able to

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

The use of Reddit is so frequent I’m kind of surprised there isn’t a Reddit link above the official website yet. Ya know, where “GuildWars2.com | Forums | Support | Wiki” is.

That “issue” was addressed here.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

which tools work better? (not being sarcastic, I seriously don’t know…it looks so convoluted and jumbled i feel like if i touch something or click on something i have just delved into a subreddit of a subreddit of a didn’t read it-subred something.

reddit.com/r/subreddit

Where “subreddit” is whichever subreddit you’re on, which will be guildwars2 in this case. You’ll see all of the different posts. In the comments section, you can either comment on the post itself (which will start a new thread) or reply directly to another comment (which will create a branch in that larger thread). It’s really simple, honestly

why doesn’t Ford just jump on Chevy’s forums? I mean, they are both talking about cars…right? Why have your own if someone else already did the work?

That’s a terrible analogy… They’re using reddit because it works better for a Q+A then a regular forum layout (such as this one) does. It’s not Ford going onto Chevy forums, it’s Ford going to a different area with a better format for the discussion to talk about Fords.

Its the principle of not looking wishy-washy to your customer base!!!

But they don’t look wishy-washy…?

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Not to mention, if Anet goes out of their way to morph the official forums into a format more easily usable for Q&As, there will be a deluge of people complaining about how bad the format change is and want the old version back (people already don’t like reddit! so how would making these forums more like reddit help!?).

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

As long as I get an offensive spec instead of heal bot ele I’ll celebrate other than that

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Perhaps they have hired Robert Hondrus back?

He was a genius – that would make me celebrate.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Perhaps they have hired Robert Hondrus back?

He was a genius – that would make me celebrate.

Who??? If by any chance you mean Robert Hrouda I’d agree.

Anyway, no speculation about the teaser pics yet?
I merrily rejoiced when I saw that ranger sword AA finally gets fixed (something I haven’t felt for a long long time when it comes to GW2 tbh) and that red portal in LA… since I doubt we’ll get another raid (wing) yet and still it seems to be assoiciated to raids… maybe it’s the entrance to some kind of raid lobby? And for lols and giggles it’s only accesible by gliding through it (which would make sense, since you need HoT anyway to acces raids and people not owning HoT wouldn’t be bothered with “sorry, this is not for you messages”)?

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

Do we have a free item from gemstore tomorrow?

I hope that we can receive a souvenir tomorrow

Celebration Tomorrow

oshilator.4681

Perhaps we’re celebrating all the “balance changes” that are about to happen to various classes in the name of pvp.

Headdesk

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

We want Tengu for new playable Race!!!

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Celebration Tomorrow

oshilator.4681

We want Tengu for new playable Race!!!

Right.

You think Charr have clipping issues with armor?

Tengu would be worse.

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I swear, people will complain about anything. If it’s not using the official forums enough, then it’s using reddit too much or time zones or someat other malarkey that just sounds really argumentative.

Get some perspective people:
*Yes it sucks that the devs live and work in the US and keep with US time zones for stuff like this but it’s be even more inconvenient to shift sleep schedules and life commitments just so one other time zone can feel included (while excluding other time zones).
*Yeah, it’s a bit annoying that the chat won’t be on the official forums but have you tried having decent chats on this one? It gets messy and clunky and it’s overall slow.
*Why even have these forums? Why not just reddit? Have you seen the complaints? Some people don’t like reddit!
*Yeah, reddit is tough to get used to but when you’re Q&Aing, it’s far more clearer what is being discussed and who is being addressed without all the clunky forum bugs and inefficient tools here.

That all said, you’re not the center of the universe. Other people get shafted with any decision or action, just not everyone is going to be that guy that complains about what is essentially how the world works.

(Sorry can’t resist) Says the person complaining about people complaining lol

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Some people just don’t like reddit’s format. I for one hate it. I just can’t follow it. We have a dev tracker on this forum. Why ANet just have not changed there forum I’ll never know.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Are you ever going to do something on this forum? I am getting frustrated with the amount of devs that keep posting on Reddit and topics here get ignored.

Reddit is far better at carrying out conversation. One of the the biggest reason for that is the fact that you can directly reply to a person and have your comment right under theirs instead of browsing through page after page to see who replied to who, which frankly is very messy.

The second reason is trolly / irrelevant comments are buried into oblivion. So most of the time nonconstructive comments go straight to the bottom.

The third is…no filters

If the official forums were built with at least reason #1 in mind, then this place would be a much better place to carry out conversations. I rather not shift through page after page just to see who replied to who regarding what. It’s painful.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Celebrate the fact that ArenaNet wants to communicate with us!

Kinda sad when you think about it though.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Celebrate the fact that ArenaNet wants to communicate with us!

Kinda sad when you think about it though.

That made me lol. Then sad, as I agree.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

New build incoming, so we will find out very shortly if any fuss is due, although the forum will crash due to numbers looking at patch notes since no one knows what is in the patch…

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I know the company is touchy about any criticism and wants helpful feedback – how about making the forums the place developers go to talk to the customer base. Heck, how about fixing the search feature. Howe about fixing the paging bug?

poor form

SBI

Celebration Tomorrow

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I thought the title of this thread was an exaggeration to try and put a band-aid over the gaping wound some saw left by the Legendary suspension. After reading through the patch notes, I’m happy to say I was wrong to be so cynical. I’m sure there will be plenty of people nit picking minor details but I won’t be one of them and I have to say thank you for this patch. So far everyone in my guild is over the moon, as am I

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”