Celestial Ascended Armor

Celestial Ascended Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Does it not make sense to craft 3 celestial armor sets heavy/medium/light , so you can share them with all your characters ? i have 8 x lvl 80,s and the thought of crafting 8 ascended sets is making me ill lol

your thoughts ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

With next patch all ascended armor will be account bound, so you can have only 3 sets and share them with all characters.

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

what about stats tho ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

what about stats tho ?

Stats will still only be swappable on legendaries and not ascended gear.

My thoughts on the coming ascended account-bound change- Don’t make ascended Celestial. Make Ascended Zerk’s for PvE. For WvW, it can be a bit trickier to pick a set, but I don’t think it’s possible to go wrong with Ascended Soldier’s.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

what about stats tho ?

Stats will still only be swappable on legendaries and not ascended gear.

My thoughts on the coming ascended account-bound change- Don’t make ascended Celestial. Make Ascended Zerk’s for PvE. For WvW, it can be a bit trickier to pick a set, but I don’t think it’s possible to go wrong with Ascended Soldier’s.

Of course it’s not possible to go wrong with Soldier’s.
The question arises when you want to make yourself as strong as even doable. Around at the same time you realize, that it’s probably not soldier’s…

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Why even waste your time crafting even one when Celestial is a bad stat combination.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Does it not make sense to craft 3 celestial armor sets heavy/medium/light , so you can share them with all your characters ?

No, it doesn’t. Celestial is already a bad choice for most situations, and the next patch is going to nerf it even further down usefulness ladder. If you really want mostly universal stat set, craft Soldiers. Be aware, though, that something that is universally good will often not be the best in specific situations.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

celestial will be fine now that you will be able to give it to any character it could work as main or filler gear

action combat made mmos better lol

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Consider this.

Until today celestial was the balanced armorset providing a midgroud damage, defense and everything.

From 15th april due to “lore” reasons it will become a set with numeric average stats that will result in one of the lowest offense paired with random healing, condition et c bonuses.

If i coould i would switch mine with knight…but anet doesn t care if they change functionality to a 4-600 gold armor…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Of course it’s not possible to go wrong with Soldier’s.
The question arises when you want to make yourself as strong as even doable. Around at the same time you realize, that it’s probably not soldier’s…

Then you mix in your PvE set pieces!

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Celestial Ascended Armor

Evalia.7103

Consider this.

Until today celestial was the balanced armorset providing a midgroud damage, defense and everything.

From 15th april due to “lore” reasons it will become a set with numeric average stats that will result in one of the lowest offense paired with random healing, condition et c bonuses.

If i coould i would switch mine with knight…but anet doesn t care if they change functionality to a 4-600 gold armor…

I don’t know, it depends on each individual piece for me.
I can’t imagine running a build without celestial helm now, since it right now provides a blatantly overpowered amount of stats due to extra 1% crit damage. After the patch? We’ll see.

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

After the update I will probably swap to a more offensive type set. Back to Pvt for zerging and mix set for roaming. With the nerf to crit damage, precision build will really rely on their procs instead of the extra damage.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Consider this.

I can’t imagine running a build without celestial helm now, since it right now provides a blatantly overpowered amount of stats due to extra 1% crit damage. After the patch? We’ll see.

crit scales on power.

And as already too many post shown there is nothing OP about celestial.
Its infact one of the least popular sets.

P.S. also you don t need to wait for patch…just search for one of the threads with numbers…since we already have data.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Celestial Ascended Armor

Evalia.7103

Consider this.

crit scales on power.

And as already too many post shown there is nothing OP about celestial.
Its infact one of the least popular sets.

P.S. also you don t need to wait for patch…just search for one of the threads with numbers…since we already have data.

What data? No data has been confirmed. We just know the stats now and that they’ll get 6% increase. That’s all, and at the same time it’s nothing. Will they be rebalanced? rounded up or down? will the % increase change?
If they just proceed with 6% increase to all items, it won’t change the fact that high-level wvw players will abuse leggings/shoulders/hands/boots because they will provide whole 40% extra stats, and dump the rest of the pieces. Pieces have to be made even, but I’m not sure whether that will actually happen.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

What data? No data has been confirmed.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Celestial-Ferocity-nerf/page/9

It has been talked about for months. Players have took into consideration the minimum and maximum stats possible for that 6% increase. We know it will be all stats, 15 ferocity per crit damage and the nerf to crit damage.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Unfortunately this patch is going to hit all mixed sets hard, not just Celestial. Combinations such as Knight/Valk, Knight/Cavalier, Knight/Ruby, Zerk/PVT, etc. will all suffer because they are based upon using crit dmg to gain damage.

Assassins’s is going to be hit particularly hard. There’s a certain combination of Assassin’s gear and Beryl Orbs/Jewels that gives ~3k attack, >70% crit rate and >100% critcal damage and +5k hp that works well for Thieves/Guards/Eles as a not-so-squishy alternative to Berserker, which might lose alot of effectiveness…

But we’ll see. I think it will depend alot on the build.

Up until now my Warrior has run Celestial in WvW and Zerk in PvE, because of that my Berserker set had a few inconsistencies since I only got it out during the “hard” content (i.e, not stuff like world bosses that people just zerg). But after this update I have a feeling I’m going to have to fix up those inconsistencies and start wearing it through all content…. luckily the wardrobe will make carrying my expensive look over to multiple armor sets possible instead of looking like some hobo.

I really wish they would add build profiles in the traits tab.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Celestial Ascended Armor

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You are looking at something around a 40% critical damage nerf on a full ascended celestial set with celestial trinkets and then a 10% general loss of effectiveness on top of that. Why would anyone at Anet think this is acceptable when these are all things that are time-gated and literally took months to get or craft?